Could your kids be given to 'gay' parents?

Foofie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 07:28 am
boomerang wrote:

Gays who adopt are typically professional, well educated, double income families, they aren't pedophiles or perverts. They are perfectly capable of raising a child better than some bigoted asshat who allows their child to bully kids at school just because they aren't quite as "lucky".

Your point above is a non-sequitor to my point. All I am saying is, giving an ideal situation to a child includes heterosexual parents, since society is predominantly heterosexual and large segments are homophobic.

So, two couples, one heterosexual, and one homosexual, both couples professional, well educated, double income families (yes, women are professionals today and mothers too), a child, adopted or natural (lesbians can give birth), has potential problems eliminated for the child, as a child, and as an adult, if his/her parents are heterosexual.

When all segments of society have no homophobia, it may then be the time to "utilize" children to afford homosexuals the enjoyment of raising a family, in my opinion. Until that time any children adopted by gay parents are just getting the best substitute to their biological parents that society can manage, in my opinion.

Let us stop attempting to further our positions. I believe the maxim, "any port in a storm" gives veracity to the benefits of homosexuals adopting children. I am just saying the homosexual port can never be the same as a heterosexual port of equal quality, since a homophobic society has to be dealt with by a child adopted by homosexuals.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 10:22 am
Actually, I'm not at all prepared to stop attempting for further my position.

The ideal situation would be that people took care of their kids in the first place and we could all celebrate that foster care was no longer needed.

Here are some interesting statistics:

Quote:
Nearly One Quarter of Foster Care Children Are Waiting for Adoptive Families
In 1999, the latest year for which totals have been finalized, there were about 581,000 children in foster care in the United States.[1] Twenty-two percent of these children -- about 127,000 kids -- were available for adoption.[2]

Quote:
Many Children Spend Years in Foster Care
Almost 70 percent of the children waiting to be adopted had been in continuous foster care for two years or more; twenty-five percent for five years or more.[15]

Quote:
Many More Adoptive Homes Needed
Even with the recent increases in adoptions from foster care, the number of children waiting for adoption on September 30, 1999 was more than two-and-a-half times the number of children adopted during that year.[16]

More information: http://www.adoptioninstitute.org/FactOverview/foster.html

Is everyone who adopts from foster care "utilizing" children or only homosexuals?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 10:49 am
Foofie wrote:
I am just saying the homosexual port can never be the same as a heterosexual port of equal quality, since a homophobic society has to be dealt with by a child adopted by homosexuals.

So a "white" couple should never adopt a "black" child, and a "black" couple should never adopt a "white" child--because a racist society has to dealt with by a child adopted by parents the color of whose skin is different from that of the child.

This kind of thinking enshrines bigotry such as homophobia and racism under a paltry guise of concern for the welfare of the child.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 12:03 pm
Quote:
This kind of thinking enshrines bigotry such as homophobia and racism under a paltry guise of concern for the welfare of the child.

Exactly.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 12:21 pm
Being allowed to raise a child, genetically connected to us or not, is a privilege not a right. Society can remove the privilege if cause is shown. I suspect that gender and sexual identity become more difficult to teach in a home that is run by two gay adults who are in a relationship. If this can be proven as fact by science then society has every right to refuse to allow gays to raise children. I doubt that most countries would do that though.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 12:24 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
Being allowed to raise a child, genetically connected to us or not, is a privilege not a right. Society can remove the privilege if cause is shown. I suspect that gender and sexual identity become more difficult to teach in a home that is run by two gay adults who are in a relationship. If this can be proven as fact by science then society has every right to refuse to allow gays to raise children. I doubt that most countries would do that though.

Only if you feel that gender and sexual identity differing from the norm is a bad thing; otherwise, what's the harm?

Kids have plenty of ways to get screwed up regardless of who the parents are....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 12:28 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

Yes. I'm sure that's why science has very clearly shown that hetrosexual couples NEVER have homosexual children.

<snicker>
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 12:32 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:

Only if you feel that gender and sexual identity differing from the norm is a bad thing; otherwise, what's the harm?

Kids have plenty of ways to get screwed up regardless of who the parents are....

Cycloptichorn

yes, confusion is a bad thing. Much of the problem that men and women have today in relationship as adults springs from confusion, society not teaching gender role norms to them as children, allowing kids to be brought up in an environment of chaos.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 12:53 pm
I haven't read the thread. Just want to say, kids are rarely given. The prospective new parents earn them.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 12:55 pm
it appears that science has not been allowed to look at this question, that morality positions have been allowed to impede a fair evaluation of reality.
Quote:
In part II, this article argues that some courts and most law review commentators have not paid sufficient attention to the potential impact of legalizing same-sex marriage and homosexual parenting on children. Part III urges great care and caution in relying upon social science studies about the effects of homosexual parenting on children because serious methodological and analytical flaws compromise the reliability and predictability of most of the studies. Part IVnotes that there is substantial evidence to support the value to children of being raised by two parents, one male and one female, and that even in the studies promoting homosexual parentingthere is some evidence of potential harm to children. Part V reviews and critiques the case law,noting the many ways cases may vary because of the significantly diverse legal and factual contexts in which the issues arise. It describes the connection and disjunction between same-sex marriage and the homosexual parenting issues. Part VI concludes the article by suggesting the use of a rebuttable presumption to protect the well-being of children in homosexual parentingdisputes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:CdG3mVg0Iw4J:www.familyaction.org/PDFs/h-parenting.pdf+homosexual,+children,+role,+confusion&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=57&gl=us
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 02:52 pm
Oh I'm certain that site has no bias at all:

Quote:
About CFAC Executive Committee
Our Vision

Canada Family Action Coalition (CFAC) was founded in early 1997 with a vision to see Judeo-Christian moral principles restored in Canada. CFAC is a grassroots citizen's action organization that provides strategies, networking, training and tools to enable ordinary Canadians to influence their government.

CFAC brings together individuals, churches, businesses and other organizations to provide a unified thrust in promoting the Judeo-Christian worldview in Canadian society. We equip citizens to take back their rightful place as part of the decision-making process of our courts, tribunals, legislatures and Parliament. CFAC provides a voice for Canadians with common-sense principles, citizens who believe in direct democracy, and people with faith-based morality.

Non-partisan and non-denominational, CFAC is incorporated as a not-for-profit national corporation under the Canada Corporations Act. We are not able to register as a charity due to Revenue Canada regulations that do not permit organizations engaging in political action to issue charitable tax receipts.

Our Mission

To mobilize, train and activate Canadians in defending and promoting Judeo-Christian principles in Canadian society

Our Primary Principles

The policies, statements, views, and strategies of Canada Family Action Coalition are founded upon the Bible.

The following principles guide the issues we may address on a provincial or national level:

• We believe the Judeo-Christian moral tradition is foundational to Canadian
society
• We believe that all Canadians have the right to express and practice
publicly their religious beliefs, and that Government has a duty to respect and safeguard those rights.
• We believe that the family, based on the marriage of a husband and wife of the opposite sex, is central to the fabric of society. We believe in policies which protect the inherent right and responsibility of parents in the raising and education of their children.
• We believe in the inherent dignity of human life, from conception to natural death.
• We believe in the mutual responsibility of all citizens to be active in community life and participate in the democratic political process.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 03:00 pm
Yup, the Family Action gang's a bit crazed. The Conservatives don't even take 'em seriously.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 03:16 pm
I've learned that at least CFAC is onomatopoeic; that is exactly the sound I make as I investigate their website. Onomatapoeas are always nice.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 06:14 pm
boomerang wrote:

Is everyone who adopts from foster care "utilizing" children or only homosexuals?

By focussing on the one word "utilizing" my intent was misconstrued, I believe.

Childless heterosexual couples are "utilizing" an adopted child so they can raise a family. Childless homosexual couples are "utilizing" an adopted child so they can raise a family. So far the equation, from the perspective of the childless couples, heterosexual or homosexual, are equal on both sides of the equal sign (=). My point is from the perspective of the adopted child, and eventual adult, and how having homosexual parents might result in his/her life being more difficult, since in this society that still displays homophobia, having homosexual parents might be something one needs to hide. An emotional burden on the adopted child/adult. This variable is not evident with heterosexual adopting parents.

And, when a heterosexual couple is childless, it is caused by a medical condition. When a homosexual couple (males) is childless it is caused by a biological condition. Nature never intended two men to give birth to children. That is why I said the homosexual couple is "utilizing" a child that is adopted. Specifically, in my opinion, "utilizing" a child to transcend the limits of biology, and raise a family. The heterosexual couple are just "utilizing" a child to transcend the limits of their respective medical condition that led to infertility. In many people's opinion, the morality in both situations are not the same, due to the teachings that some people subscribe to.

I believe I have explained my position. You need not agree with me. Fini.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 06:26 pm
I'm just trying to get clear on terms so that we're speaking the same language.

My husband and I are perfectly capable of concieving a child but we chose not to. Then, to be blunt and quick, a child was abandoned in our home while we were babysitting. His parents never came back to get him. Even then, it took four years and lots of money for us to be able to adopt him but we did.

Are we "utilizing" our son to be "normal"?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 06:34 pm
Foofie wrote:
when a heterosexual couple is childless, it is caused by a medical condition.

you live with a very limited mind

bit of a shame
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 06:46 pm
boomerang wrote:
I'm just trying to get clear on terms so that we're speaking the same language.

My husband and I are perfectly capable of concieving a child but we chose not to. Then, to be blunt and quick, a child was abandoned in our home while we were babysitting. His parents never came back to get him. Even then, it took four years and lots of money for us to be able to adopt him but we did.

Are we "utilizing" our son to be "normal"?

Why ask me? I never brought up the concept of "normal." I was focussed on homosexual couples that adopt a child, and then that child has to decide how open he/she will be with his/her family history, in context of a society that still displays homophobia.

Your personal situation is of no interest to me, nor should it be; I try to mind my own business relating to specific people. Please allow me to mind my own business and keep my posting on a general basis; nothing personal. Also, my opinion is just an opinion. Please do not empower my subjective opinion with any objective validity.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 06:49 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Foofie wrote:
when a heterosexual couple is childless, it is caused by a medical condition.

you live with a very limited mind

bit of a shame

Why? I use the word "childless" to imply the couple has tried to conceive but is infertile for some medical reason. If you believe "childless" has an expanded meaning, then you are misconstruing the meaning of my post.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 06:52 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I haven't read the thread. Just want to say, kids are rarely given. The prospective new parents earn them.

There's no such thing as "earning(TM)" somebody else's kids.

Again, the story in question is a story of government beurocracies out of control. The Howard children clearly were not being abused, by the Howards at least, and the feral govt. agencies had no rational interest in breaking that family up. For a gay couple or anybody else to take those kids under those circumstances amounted to grand larceny and quasi-legal kidnapping.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 07:03 pm
If people's personal situations are of no interest to you, why would you oppose gays being able to adopt. That's none of your business either.
0 Replies