Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 09:58 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 777 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 10:11 am
The Onion should be under Humour not Politics.

The Onion is an American "fake news" organization. It features satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news as well as an entertainment newspaper and website known as The A.V. Club. It claims a national print circulation of 690,000[1] and says 61 percent of its web site readers are between 18 and 44 years old per the 2008 media kit.

The Onion's articles comment on current events, both real and imagined. It parodies traditional newspaper features, such as editorials, man-on-the-street interviews, and stock quotes, as well as traditional newspaper layout and AP-style editorial voice. Much of its humor depends on presenting everyday events as newsworthy items, and by playing off of commonly used phrases, as in the headline "Drugs Win War on Drugs."
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 02:25 pm
Politics should be under Humor, not Politics, Dys.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 05:00 pm
from BBB'S post ;

Quote:
"Perhaps the new bubble could have something to do with watching movies on cell phones," said investment banker Greg Carlisle of the New York firm Carlisle, Shaloe & Graves. "

watching how "people" ( Shocked Rolling Eyes ) lined up for hours to get the new i-phone ((hoping i have the right term) , makes me believe one new "bubble" has already been found - but we need more of them !
i sometimes find it difficult to understand how people can stand in line for hours for a "gadget" .

(overheard on CBC-NEWS :
person 1 : "i'll be outside that store at 4 or 5 in the morning to be one of the first to get the new i-phone "
person 2 : "i'm sure there will be plenty of those phones in another week - i'll just wait "
person 1 : "no , i couldn't possibly wait even another day . i have to have IT right away !!!"

am i crazy - or are the "others" just a bit ... ... ?
i have a hard time telling! )
hbg
0 Replies