Latest UFO

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 05:26 am
Is there another UFO in Texas?Monday, July 14, 2008 | 7:12 PM FORT WORTH, TX -- An enormous aircraft without transponders traveling up to 2,100 mph -- at one time zooming toward President Bush's Crawford ranch -- is similar to the mysterious object dozens reported seeing, according to radar documents examined by a group that studies unidentified flying objects.
"This shows ample evidence of UFO activity," said Kenneth Cherry, Texas director of the Mutual UFO Network, which has been studying phenomenon earlier this year in Stephenville and Dublin, about 75 miles southwest of Fort Worth. "They were turning at angles not possible by military aircraft."
His organization, called MUFON, requested documents from the Federal Aviation Administration, nearby military bases and other agencies under the Freedom of Information Act.
FAA spokesman Roland Herwig said Monday that he had not seen the radar information provided to MUFON and could not comment on it or the group's interpretation of the data.
Story continues belowAdvertisementMUFON requested reports from the night of Jan. 8, when several dozen people in Texas dairy country -- including a pilot, county constable, business owners and former air traffic controller -- reported seeing a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast.
Some folks reported seeing military jets chasing it, which also was confirmed in the FAA radar documents.
After talking to witnesses, MUFON investigators ended up looking into 300 reported UFO sightings spanning several weeks and said most were probably planets, cloud formations or stars.
But Cherry said the FAA radar data, which was examined by a radar expert and an engineer who works with MUFON, indicates that some reports do not have logical explanations.
"When you look at that, combined with the witness reports -- that's as close to evidence of UFOs as I've seen," he said.
The object was between 524 feet and 1,000 feet long, according to a MUFON report released earlier this month. It's unclear if radar picked up the same object at different times or more than one object, Cherry said.
The object was within 10 miles of Bush's ranch about 8 p.m., but the president was not there that night. MUFON only requested information until 8 p.m. that night, so it's unclear where the object went after that.
At times when radar picked up a slow-moving object and fast-moving object, it was at the same time and place as witnesses' accounts, according to the report. At one time, the object accelerated to 532 mph in about 30 seconds and decelerated to 49 mph in 10 seconds, the report stated, based on radar information.
"The authors cannot comment on the source or origin of this object, but it is clear to the authors that the unknown object was real and not imaginary," they said in the MUFON report.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,062 • Replies: 19
No top replies

mismi

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 05:30 am
okay...apparently have watched too many UFO movies...has me creeped out a bit.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 05:32 am
Hey Mismi . . . wanna buy a bridge?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 05:38 am
Ain't we got fun? Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 05:40 am
In the mornin'
In the evenin'
Ain't we got fun ? ! ? ! ?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 05:41 am
Well...I do tend to be gullible...but when I hear all the stuff about the radar - it seems like it might be real... Razz

Where's the bridge?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 06:18 am
I wonder if George Soros owns that UFO?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 11:27 am
Amazing it even showed up on FAA radar at that speed and without a transponder.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 02:49 pm
mismi wrote:
Well...I do tend to be gullible...but when I hear all the stuff about the radar - it seems like it might be real... Razz

Where's the bridge?

Between Manhattan and Brooklyn.

(All that alleged stuff about radar . . . interpreted by alleged experts . . . personally, i have no doubt that people frequently see, or think they see, objects, or what they think are objects, which are flying, or which they think are flying, and which they are then and subsequently unable to identify. That don't mean any of it's true . . . )
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 02:56 pm
Setanta wrote:
mismi wrote:

Where's the bridge?

Between Manhattan and Brooklyn.

And that bridge, it's real! I seen it, I swear! Buy it now before one of them aliens snatches it up!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 02:56 pm
The MUFON people are the only ones seriously studying the evidence. That's one good clue that the authorities don't see anything there to waste time on it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 04:29 pm
MUFON == MOVEON

Tin foil hats.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 05:29 am
I am not endorsing this. Just find it highly interesting - edgarblythe

http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0708/record-straight.html

Also read: Wernher von Braun: Another of Edgar Mitchell's Sources

LB: Could be. But basically people are freaking out that you were aware of several UFO visits.

EM: That's not quite right. You use that in the plural. I was talking about the Roswell incident, the Roswell visitation primarily, but there have been many others that have been reported that I have no personal awareness of but that was the one that I was really talking about.

LB: So the interview has been a little misquoted. But you actually have information about the Roswell incident?

EM: Yes and my information comes from what I call "the old timers," because I grew up in the Roswell area and when I went to the moon, some of the old timers from that period, some locals, and others military and intelligence people, who were under rather severe oaths to not reveal any of this and kind of wanted to get their conscience clear and off their chests before they passed on, selected me and said, independently - this wasn't a group effort - independently that maybe I might be a safe person to tell their story to. And all of them confirmed, and what I'm saying is they confirmed the Roswell incident was a real incident and they in some way had some part in it that they wanted to talk about.

LB: What is it that they told you?

EM: Well, that the crash of an alien spacecraft in the Roswell area was a real event and much of the lore, I can't say all of the lore, but much of the fact that dead bodies were recovered and live ones were recovered, that they were not of this world, was the story. And of course it was reported in the Roswell Daily Record one day and promptly denied the next day and a cover story of a weather balloon, and that was pure nonsense. That was a cover-up.

LB: Why do you suppose, I mean there's all kinds of reasons over the years, but you're in the inner circle. Why do you actually think they did the cover-up? Do you think it's because they thought we're just not sophisticated enough yet? Maybe mankind wasn't ready?

EM: Well, the best story, I believe, is simply because this is right in the aftermath of World War II, the Cold War with the Soviet Union was starting to get under way, there was great suspicion of anything having to do with protecting the skies and advanced technology. Also, the U.S. Army Air Corps had just been separated to become an independent service called the Air Force. The intelligence service of World War II, the OSS, had disbanded to become the modern CIA, and so President Truman at that point really was on the horns of a dilemma.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 05:31 am
Dr Edgar Mitchell, is the one that walked on the moon.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:18 pm
They are just looking for George to take him home.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 02:02 pm
http://www.chron.com/photos/2008/07/24/12230011/226xRefer.jpg
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 02:55 pm
edgarblythe wrote:

actually, wasn't that a movie set of the lunar surface he walked on? Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 03:13 pm
yitwail wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

actually, wasn't that a movie set of the lunar surface he walked on? Razz

So my grandmother maintained until the day she died.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 07:20 pm
I think your grandmother was a wise woman.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 04:41 pm
Intrepid wrote:
I think your grandmother was a wise woman.

I will assume you are shitting me.
0 Replies