GW's resume and refute.

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 01:47 pm
Well, he may be slipping. Anyone on a Twelve Step program will tell you that it's nearly impossible for an alcoholic to remain sober on a "One Step" or white knuckle will power regimen.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 01:50 pm
(Not that he doesn't deserve to have a cocktail or two -- that job could make any sane person into a full on alcoholic...and has. Churchill thrived on it and most of our forefathers drank like fish).
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:19 pm
But I wasn't talking about him, I was talking about the little wifey! I've seen that look, but usually connected to long term barabituarate abuse.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:21 pm
There is a topic people! Lets stay on it...

Everytime you want to say "elected" president, please refer yourself to The_truth.pdf...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:27 pm
And the topic is...Bush.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:29 pm
Well, didn't she kill someone in a drunken hit'n'run back when she was just a mint julep sippin', panty losin' sorrority girl?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:32 pm
No, the topic is the list of lies slandering the president that has made its way around the internet and is used as a common reference by the left and the facts presented that show those lies in their true light.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:35 pm
McGentrix, you are outvoted,and we are having fun...so there! Wink
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:38 pm
McGentrix makes a very valid point.

The incessant characterization of Bush's presidency as illegitimate or "stolen" is patently false.

I am no fan of the electoral college and I can understand very well the dissappointment of winning the popular vote only to lose the election, but this is an issue with the way the US system is setup more than with Bush.

Bush won the ellection legally.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:42 pm
Quote:
''Why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many, what day it's gonna happen? It's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?''

Barbara Bush, the President's mother, in an ABC-TV interview
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:48 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Bump. This thread isn't getting the love it needs from the left.

So now it is -- and you want it to stop????

Jeez, you are giving testimony to the adage:

Be careful what you wish for!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:50 pm
You can't slander anyone in print, McGentrix. So why doesn't the President sue?

BTW, using quotes around elected didn't necesarilly mean Bush's election didn't turn out to be legal. The recounts in Florida still gave him the state and any other claims of voting irregularities are still in the courts. Using voting methods which were outmoded by 1990 (we put a man on the moon in less than a decade) makes the U.S. look technologically backward for all its claims of progress. Our computers aren't even built here.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:54 pm
McGentrix is emulating Pandora, frank.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:55 pm
Frank...topical love...

LW...quotes around things like "elected" is used as a form of sarcasm indicating a certain level of falsehood.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:55 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
McGentrix makes a very valid point.

The incessant characterization of Bush's presidency as illegitimate or "stolen" is patently false.

I am no fan of the electoral college and I can understand very well the dissappointment of winning the popular vote only to lose the election, but this is an issue with the way the US system is setup more than with Bush.

I agree, also, if Al had only won his own state, he would have had it made.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:58 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:

I just ain't buyin' whatcher sellin', big boy.

And rather than havin' this pissin' contest all over again, why don't we just agree to disagree.

I do agree with Brand X in that Gore should've been able to win TN or even AR and make moot the whole mess.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 03:01 pm
PDiddie, you you really think it was an illegally granted presidency? I am not looking to re-hash any old arguments. I simply haven't even heard any arguments against the legal validity of the election result made and am curious about what element of the election they address.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 03:04 pm
How would you know what quotes mean if you don't know the difference between slander and libel? This is not really worthy of my time -- it's just more righty silliness.

But in closing, Bush as a shark salesman sold a bill of goods to the public and got elected, yet another reason for quotes.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 03:11 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
PDiddie, you you really think it was an illegally granted presidency? I am not looking to re-hash any old arguments. I simply haven't even heard any arguments against the legal validity of the election result made and am curious about what element of the election they address.

You can read about the Florida minority voter disenfranchisement at Greg Palast's website, here. There's a video clip here,and a collection of other media on the subject here.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 03:34 pm
PDiddie, I've read that charge before. Nevermind, I thought I'd see something new.
0 Replies