H2O MAN

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 06:24 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Please explain what Bush and McCain understand about freedom that Obama doesn't understand.

That's not an acceptable answer to the questions I asked.

Please try again.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 08:32 pm
I answered your silly questions on the first page (to save you from going back, the answer to each one is "yes").

I am still waiting for you to make a point.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 08:49 pm
Re: Does Obama believe?
I'll play...
H2O_MAN wrote:
Does Obama believe that we live in a free country?

Yes.
H2O_MAN wrote:
If yes, does he know what made and continues to make this country free?

Yes.

Ok, now what do we do?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 09:17 pm
Well let's all hope you are right and that Obama doesn't change his mind!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:10 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:

That's kinda what we hope from all of our candidates isn't it?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:25 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

I'm only concerned with Obama at this time.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 11:15 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
real life wrote:

He is waaaaay out of touch with the political middle.

Which is why not many people will vote for him (and he has no real chance of winning?

<<snickers>>

He has an excellent chance of winning.

I've never denied it.

I said he is out of touch with the political middle, and his views confirm it.

He has been able to gain lots of support by giving flowery speeches with little substance.

Obama speaks --

'I believe America is ready for change.

As President, I will usher in a new era.

The old way of doing things isn't good enough anymore.

We have to move forward.

Looking to the past will keep us there.

Things are going to be different from now on.

We aren't going to do things the same way we always have.

Change isn't easy but it is necessary.

I ask you to join me in bringing about change that will benefit our children and make us a strong nation.

This election is very important because it's the first opportunity many of you have ever had to vote for something other than the same ole same ole.

We cannot pass this opportunity by.

We must seize this chance to bring about positive change and build a better America.

America is a land of promise, and it's our duty to make sure those promises are fulfilled.

Are you with me?'
[/size]

*crowd cheers wildly, women swoon, bodies push toward the podium hoping to shake hands with the one who has offered them this hope*

What did he say?

Lots of cool sound bites that will be played over and over by the pathetic American media.

Today's news consists of 10 second sound bites of the campaign sandwiched in between a 2 minute news feature on which car dealership in town is offering $2.99 gas guarantees and another 2 minute feature on 'How to Pack for your Vacation --- Unwrinkled'

Do the MSM examine the fact that Obama favors forcing women into any future military draft?

Do the MSM cover the fact that Obama's health care plan provides free health care for illegal aliens?

Do the MSM cover the relationship between Obama and terrorist/Pentagon bomber Bill Ayers?

Do the MSM report Obama's bald faced lies during the Jeremiah Wright controversy that 'Wright acknowledged his remarks were offensive' when no such had happened?

Do the MSM cover Obama's ultra thin resume , his disdain and ignorance of foreign affairs, his dodging of tough votes in the Illinois legislature?

Change, change , change. That's what they quote him saying.

You're in for change if he's elected alright. None of it good.

And he stands a very good chance of getting elected. I rated him in a previous thread as a 2-1 favorite and I'll stand by that as of now. He's still the most likely winner.

But it's not because he's a political centrist, or has any real qualifications.

But he sure talks purty, don't he? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 06:04 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

Why is that? You clearly aren't considering voting for him.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 06:08 am
Real Life...

The most impressive part of your little tantrum is that you didn't say Obama is a Muslim.

But you are still full of crap.

When Americans are polled about the issues... the war, health care, foreign policy, the clear majority fall with the Democrats (and Obama) on issue after issue.

I understand your fears (since you are far to the right of the average American). I don't expect you to vote for him. The thought of you standing in front of a lever marked "McCain" trying to decide whether you can pull it makes me chuckle.

But the Obamas positions on the issues is clear, and like it or not... most Americans will find them quite in line with their own.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 06:09 am
engineer wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

I'm honestly undecided.

The prospect Obama in the white house is unsettling, but maybe, just maybe it will force
the republicans to look at themselves and fix what's broken in time for the next elections.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 06:43 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
engineer wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

I'm honestly undecided.

The prospect Obama in the white house is unsettling, but maybe, just maybe it will force
the republicans to look at themselves and fix what's broken in time for the next elections.

I don't post as frequently as some others, but I do read the threads. Is this the candidate you are "honestly undecided" about?

H2O_MAN wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
If that man was drowning and I was standing near a pile of rope...

I would wade out to him, place the rope around his neck, attach some weights, cut his balls off, stick them down his throat, and then go back to shore for a cold beer and maybe a pretzel or two.

Hey Gus, I would do the same to Obama Cool
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 06:53 am
Yep, that's the candidate.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 07:06 am
I'd hate to see what you post about the ones you don't like!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 07:20 am
engineer wrote:
I'd hate to see what you post about the ones you don't like!

I was responding to another members comment - Gus and I share a warped sense of humor Twisted Evil
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 07:26 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
The prospect Obama in the white house is unsettling, but maybe, just maybe it will force the republicans to look at themselves and fix what's broken in time for the next elections.

That's probably what most Democrats thought when George Bush got elected. But then he got a second term.

I think both of these guys are good candidates, certainly better than what we've currently got. I'm happy with my choices right now. I'm leaning toward Obama mostly because I think Washington (and the Nation) could really use a charismatic leader (also I feel like stirring the pot, and I think Obama will make more of a splash). But I would also be happy if McCain won. I liked McCain in 2000, but then the Bush political hit squad wrecked him. Thus began our 8 year nightmare.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 07:52 am
Gargamel wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Oh... please tell us what made and continues to make this country free?

((I can't wait to hear this!!!))

Jesus Christ made this country free, and don't you forget it.

He wasn't even here that day.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 07:53 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Real Life...

The most impressive part of your little tantrum is that you didn't say Obama is a Muslim.

But you are still full of crap.

When Americans are polled about the issues... the war, health care, foreign policy, the clear majority fall with the Democrats (and Obama) on issue after issue.

I understand your fears (since you are far to the right of the average American). I don't expect you to vote for him. The thought of you standing in front of a lever marked "McCain" trying to decide whether you can pull it makes me chuckle.

But the Obamas positions on the issues is clear, and like it or not... most Americans will find them quite in line with their own.

Why would I say he's a Muslim when he's clearly not? He was raised a Muslim though, and he's not been comfortable in being candid about that.

I will have no hesitation in voting McCain, though he's far from my first choice. I'm not a Republican tantrum thrower ('my guy or I'm staying home in November').

I'm an Independent who has most often found Republicans sharing the same views, although I have and still would vote for a Democrat if he were the better candidate.

Believe it or not, all Americans want the war to end, it's a question of how and when.

You may think that only Dems are 'anti-war' , but your smug assurance is based on thin air.

You might enjoy:

Quote:
Why Iraq Was Inevitable

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/viewarticle.cfm/special-preview-br--why-iraq-was-inevitable-11456

It'll give you a view other than your own to consider.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 08:36 am
Lash wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Oh... please tell us what made and continues to make this country free?

((I can't wait to hear this!!!))

Jesus Christ made this country free, and don't you forget it.

He wasn't even here that day.

Oh, well, it must have been a Sunday.
0 Replies