i really need more info

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 02:29 am
okay my bf is 24 and when he was 18 he got in a really bad car reck and had to turn sine his right to his mom, she can sine it back to him anytime she wishes, we have a son whos 3 will my son but he knows my boyfriend as daddy Sad we wanna get married but she wont allow it cause well if you really must know hes paying her bills the house we live in that im moving out from cause shes a real pain is being payed but him and his bro whom is disabled and well shes milkin the state for eveything she can, and spending all his money on her i mean i could care less about his money i have a job but i just want him and start our own family we have talked her about us getting married and she said she will have it annulled quicker then it took for us to get marryed and she keep threating to put him in a mental word or a support home if he keeps pushing the issue, and one of the biggest thing about why she don't like me is cause im not white im asain, so can some plez help me she should be happy that we are but shes not and i dont wanna lose his cause of her its just not right!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 558 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 02:39 am
Not really clear on the situation, but that's nearly the longest sentence I've ever seen.
0 Replies

lasthope

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 03:11 am
Re: i really need more info
sorry well how can we get his rights back oue selfs sice his mom does not plan on giving it back to him? and i know i do run on sentence ya i was never good and period and all that jazz.

lasthope wrote:
okay my bf is 24 and when he was 18 he got in a really bad car reck and had to turn sine his right to his mom, she can sine it back to him anytime she wishes, we have a son whos 3 will my son but he knows my boyfriend as daddy Sad we wanna get married but she wont allow it cause well if you really must know hes paying her bills the house we live in that im moving out from cause shes a real pain is being payed but him and his bro whom is disabled and well shes milkin the state for eveything she can, and spending all his money on her i mean i could care less about his money i have a job but i just want him and start our own family we have talked her about us getting married and she said she will have it annulled quicker then it took for us to get marryed and she keep threating to put him in a mental word or a support home if he keeps pushing the issue, and one of the biggest thing about why she don't like me is cause im not white im asain, so can some plez help me she should be happy that we are but shes not and i dont wanna lose his cause of her its just not right!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 04:17 am
Consult an attorney. If your boyfriend is indeed competent, he should have no trouble whatsoever. If his mom is really resisting because she wants the cash; she will not put him in an institution, because that would have the same result (forfeiting the cash). Good luck.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 02:36 pm
It sounds like mom is his Guardian or Representative for him because he receives Social Security disability payments.

He can petition the court to stop the guardianship - or assign it to another person.

Does he have a social worker, lawyer, or Dr. that the goes to? They may be able to direct you. In most states, just go to the County Family Court OR contact (call) Social Security 800 number and find out how to get the check into his name only.

BUT . . . be sure he IS able to handle his money. Mom has control because of some reason, and he may not be able to make decisions or handle his funds right.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 03:22 pm
He can petition Social Security himself to have his mother removed as Representative Payee and gain control of his own checks.

I've gone through this with several members on the fringes of Mr. Noddy's family. Usually I've relinquished my duties very happily.
Once I disagreed with the petition and did my best to keep control of a slightly retarded, last-of-the-big-time-spenders.

I was overruled, he got control of his own money and for the last eight years has been on a career of financial fecklessness.

Because of his attitude, I've refused to resume control--"You want it? You got it."

Go to your local SS office--they have forms and will help you fill out the forms.
0 Replies