more bullshit

rabel22

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 10:27 am
BBB
Yes. I agree that a large part of the electorate docent check out the candidates in depth. If they did we wouldn't have the mess that we have in the capitol and in most state houses. But are you agreeing with many Obamites that its OK for obama to spin and lie in order to be elected president. I am tired of politicians telling us one thing in order to get the nomination or election and changing their position after they have things locked up. Bush did it and look at the mess we have now. As long as the Obamites kiss his as- and agree with him every time he makes a change in his pronouncements of policy nothing is going to change in Washington. The only way to get change is to put great pressure on the politicians and let them know that either they produce for the majority instead of the minority or we will vote them out in the next election wether its a democrat or a republican. Obama never really stated his policy in his speeches and now his move from the left to the center reinforces my impression that as I have stated before he is just another crooked politician who is interested in becoming president. Will I vote for him? Probably I shall but ill do it holding my nose. If he changes any more of his stances I may go for Mc Cain. I don't like him but he seems to me to be more honest. I just reread this and I guess Cyclo is going to have to remind me that I am a bitter old man.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 12:26 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
It is very funny that Bear finds himself in bed first with McGentrix, and now Finn as he is comparing us to the "bushites".

I hope he gets the irony.

wassa matter ebrown? all upset because you think I'm sleeping with the enemy instead of you?

I got news for ya... I'm not eating my lunch on the playground with the obamarama girls or the bushites..... I'll just sit quietly at my own table and stay in the cafeteria where i can watch out the window.... it's better than tv...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 01:02 pm
What you are doing at your table can hardly be called "keeping quiet".

For that matter, what you are doing with the enemy would hardly be called "sleeping".

(either one would be a nice change)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 01:21 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

For that matter, what you are doing with the enemy would hardly be called "sleeping".

oh go change your tampon... your boy is flip flopping all over the joint and this is no longer about ideals.... it's about winning... he wants to win no matter what and you want him to win no matter what... you'll defend anything he does and spin it.... like I said.... you become more identical to bushites every f*cking day...
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 01:57 pm
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bear, smart people have wised up to the Republican Playbook. They were fooled once in 2000. Many were fooled again in 2004. Few will be fooled again in 2008. Even the fools would be hard to fool again. But I've never underestimated the stupidity of many American voters.

I watched a non-partisan research session on C-SPAN yesterday. It was filmed in Pennsylvania in May. I could not believe how misinformed the citizen members were. Some were overt racists, Some were undecided and were obviously too lazy to go to the candidate sites to learn their policy positions. Instead, they said they were undecided and needed specific information.

One woman said she didn't vote for John Kerry in 2004 because his wife said Laura Bush had never held a real job. She said she couldn't vote for Kerry for that reason. How stupid can you get?

A racist man said it was obvious that Barack Obama was not a real American because his middle name was Hussein, which means he is a Muslim. Now that's world-class stupidity. He went on to say that if Obama is elected, Blacks would take over the country and there would be riots in the streets. This guy was unbelievably stupid.

Another man said he was not a racist because he let his daughter play with a Mexican girl, even in his house, but he was worried that she was here illegally and the immigrants were going to ruin the U.S.

A racist woman said if Obama was elected, she would expect the big black cars to come to her house, and then we all know what will happen.

There were five people who were intelligent and informed. They really stood out among the idiots.

I watched the entire session and was surprised that people would express their true feelings on camera for all the world to see. What is going on with some people in Pennsylvania?

BBB

Those poor, stupid people in Pennsylvania have unfortunately failed to elevate themselves to the exalted state of dispassionate and unbiased wisdom that so characterizes the non partisan, pure intellectual rigor of BBB's posts on these threads. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

A hallmark of closed minds, impervious to any new ideas or independent thought, is the absolute conviction that all who disagree with them are necessarily, idiots.

It is also sadly amusing to note the mindless arrogance and contempt for others that so often characterizes these self-appointed spokesmen for "the people".
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 03:49 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

oh go change your tampon... your boy is flip flopping all over the joint and this is no longer about ideals.... it's about winning... he wants to win no matter what and you want him to win no matter what... you'll defend anything he does and spin it.... like I said.... you become more identical to bushites every f*cking day...

And you'll attack anything he does and spin it, so please stop acting like your totally biased opinion is any more even-handed and honest than the people who support Obama unconditionally. I mean, has there even been a stretch of more than three days in the past few months without you posting a new Obama-bashing thread? You're obsessed, man! Take a break from the bitch-fest, I'm beggin' ya!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 04:45 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
more bullshit

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 05:00 pm
kickycan wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

And you'll attack anything he does and spin it, so please stop acting like your totally biased opinion is any more even-handed and honest than the people who support Obama unconditionally. I mean, has there even been a stretch of more than three days in the past few months without you posting a new Obama-bashing thread? You're obsessed, man! Take a break from the bitch-fest, I'm beggin' ya!

kick... Obama HAS been flip flopping... you can read... you know it's true... so I'm not spinning or attacking... I'm calling attention to irrefutable facts...nothing biased about it.... so I beg you.... don't be one of the legions who even when presented with facts right before your eyes... insist on sucking his dick.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 05:11 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Harriet Christian wrote:

The Democrats are throwing it all away. For what? An inadequate black male... I got news for you, McCain will be the next president of the United States

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KACQuZVAE3s

That's surprising news considering the simple fact that "all" polls show Obama leading McCain.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 10:09 pm
What is remarkable in this political soap opera is that bipo has not denounced the notions of those who now regularly criticize him.

There are those among our membership who would suggest that I am playing bipo to advance my positions.

Not so.

First and foremost, I cannot play bipo. He is far too irascible a SOB to allow this.

Secondly, those who would cast him into the desert without salt need examine there own motives.

Bipo and I rarely, if ever, agree on political positions. He is an asshole as respects so many of his positions, but he is honorably consistent in his idiotic adherence to them.

By his estimation, I am an asshole and an idiot, but neither of us are so idiotic that when are opinions intersect we will ignore or deny the situation.

The A2K Left has endeavored to make bipo a pariah, and the A2K Right would be fools to accept him as a fellow pilgrim.

Poor bipo, he's a stranger in a strange land.

Cool by me though.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 10:38 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
What is remarkable in this political soap opera is that bipo has not denounced the notions of those who now regularly criticize him.

There are those among our membership who would suggest that I am playing bipo to advance my positions.

Not so.

First and foremost, I cannot play bipo. He is far too irascible a SOB to allow this.

Secondly, those who would cast him into the desert without salt need examine there own motives.

Bipo and I rarely, if ever, agree on political positions. He is an **** as respects so many of his positions, but he is honorably consistent in his idiotic adherence to them.

By his estimation, I am an **** and an idiot, but neither of us are so idiotic that when are opinions intersect we will ignore or deny the situation.

The A2K Left has endeavored to make bipo a pariah, and the A2K Right would be fools to accept him as a fellow pilgrim.

Cool by me though.

In a thread entitled "more bullshit" this is a perfectly apt post.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 10:39 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
It is very funny that Bear finds himself in bed first with McGentrix, and now Finn as he is comparing us to the "bushites".

I hope he gets the irony.

wassa matter ebrown? all upset because you think I'm sleeping with the enemy instead of you?

I got news for ya... I'm not eating my lunch on the playground with the obamarama girls or the bushites..... I'll just sit quietly at my own table and stay in the cafeteria where i can watch out the window.... it's better than tv...

Bushites...Obamites.

You just don't like people with a "b" in their name.

Except Bears, of course. :wink:
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 11:02 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

kick... Obama HAS been flip flopping... you can read... you know it's true... so I'm not spinning or attacking... I'm calling attention to irrefutable facts...nothing biased about it.... so I beg you.... don't be one of the legions who even when presented with facts right before your eyes... insist on sucking his dick.

There is some truth to what you're saying. But whether one is biased or not depends not only on what you point out, but what you choose not to point out as well. I feel that if Clinton were the nominee and she made the same moves that you see Obama making (which I believe she would almost certainly be doing), there would not be one thread from you pointing it out. But with Obama, you take every chance to shout it from the rooftops. It's not that I don't think he's making some questionable moves, it's that I don't think they are such a big deal in the bigger scheme of things, especially when the opposition wants to keep us on the same wrong track for the past eight years.

On the other hand, I understand your frustration with having to argue against so many people who never seem to admit even the tiniest flaw in their hero. And that is why I am dropping this. I guess you have to do what you feel is right.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 12:03 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Present... :wink:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Not so.

Bipo and I rarely, if ever, agree on political positions. He is an **** as respects so many of his positions, but he is honorably consistent in his idiotic adherence to them.

By his estimation, I am an **** and an idiot, but neither of us are so idiotic that when are opinions intersect we will ignore or deny the situation.

Cool by me though.
Laughing Now that's good... since, coming from you, an overtly positive endorsement would be taken about as well as an endorsement from the devil himself (George Bush). Very clever. You are in rare form tonight, Finn. I do wonder if Bear's as dumb as you think he is. I'm setting the opening line at... Even.

Ps. Who's dick is Kicky sucking? Razz
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 12:11 am
that's "WHOSE" dick is kicky sucking.... there's a thin line between smug and clever.... as for being a pariah wandering in the desert.... it is certainly preferable to throwing in with people I choose not to... regardless of which side of the idealogical fence they fall on... :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 12:19 am
Embarrassed
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 07:02 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
that's "WHOSE" dick is kicky sucking.... there's a thin line between smug and clever.... as for being a pariah wandering in the desert.... it is certainly preferable to throwing in with people I choose not to... regardless of which side of the idealogical fence they fall on... :wink:

That's ideOlogical....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 07:09 am
Late to this... has anyone questioned whether there actually WAS any "repositioning"?

Josh Marshall wrote:
When I read Jennifer Loven's AP piece on Obama, which I flagged in the post below, it made my eyes bleed so bad I hardly knew where to start in cataloguing the awfulness. But TPM Reader CO points out a good place to start.

We've seen many examples over the last couple days of reporters egregiously lapping up the McCain camp's nonsensical spin about Obama flip-flopping on Iraq. But some reporters can get spun so thoroughly that they actually retrospectively rearrange the facts of the campaign to accommodate the McCain camp's spin. Change the facts to suit the spin, as it were.

So here you have Jennifer Loven, a veteran journalist with one of the plum spots in the profession writing this sentence (emphasis added) ...

His problem is that his change in emphasis to flexibility from a hard-nosed end-the-war stance -- [i]including his recent position that withdrawing combat troops could take as long as 16 months[/i] -- will now be heard loud and clear by an anti-war camp that may have ignored it before.

Sort of depends on the meaning of 'recent' because I think I've heard the 16 months line for some time. And, sure enough, from October 2007 ...

There is no military solution in Iraq, and there never was. I will begin to remove our troops from Iraq immediately. I will remove one or two brigades a month, and get all of our combat troops out of Iraq within 16 months.

If I'm not mistaken he has said this numerous times since.

Please. There's always, repositioning by both sides gearing up for the general. So let's note those. And I guess there's no stopping gullible reporters from getting jonesed up by each sides' spinners to find subtle shifts where there aren't any. But let's not get so bamboozled that we actually start making stuff up. Okay?

Numerous links embedded in original.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/202834.php
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 07:42 am
sozobe wrote:
Late to this... has anyone questioned whether there actually WAS any "repositioning"?

News Flash: Obama states that he has a brain and can actually think and possibly change his mind! Millions of Internet posters immediately protest the impossibility of changing anyone's mind.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 08:11 am
dlowan wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

That's ideOlogical....

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies