Thoughts about "living in sin"

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 07:23 pm
How do you view a couple living together before marriage?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 848 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 07:25 pm
None of my business, or anyone else's.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 07:29 pm
Re: Thoughts about "living in sin"
greeniiz111 wrote:
How do you view a couple living together before marriage?

I would not buy the cat in the sack - so yes to living together before
marriage, or "in sin" without marriage.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 07:32 pm
I use a small telescope looking though their bathroom window from my patio.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 07:35 pm
I think it's weird not to live together first, or at least live primarily at one person's place. There is a lot to be said for getting a new place together, not being in one person's territory, but that's another whole subject, with plenty of exceptions. I suppose there are exceptions re living together too, but mostly I'm very much for it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 09:04 pm
What are your views green?

Why do you call it sin?

My opinion?

As ehbeth said, what others do is none of my business, but I would never marry someone without living with them first.

If someone asked me my opinion on whether they should do it, I would encourage them to do so without guilt.

The other day my husband told me he talked to his daughter on the phone that day and she said she was celebrating her one year anniversary with her girlfriend. The first thing I asked was "Are they living together yet?" He didn't know, but I'm sure going to ask when they come to visit next month. She'd be a fool not to be, the girlfriend's a real sweetie.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 09:18 pm
I'll say also that I agree with ehBeth that it is none of my business or anyone else's but the couple. But, being asked, I gave my opinion.
0 Replies

greeniiz111

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 10:15 pm
Thank you all for your feed back
MY reason for asking was for an assignment I had to complete.
As for my opinion, I think everyone should do what is best for them. I personally have "lived in sin" many times, so who am I to judge.

Once again thank you for your time
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 01:07 pm
If this is for an "assignment" then you need to define "sin" before you try to categorize certain behaviors. 100 years ago, living together before marriage was scandelous in certain cultures.

For others, there's no such thing as that kind of "sin" - but killing a bear would be sacriligious.

It's all relative . . .
0 Replies