All super-duper-perfect

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 09:57 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I know for a fact - or better still, 100%, that there is no evidence whatsoever for a god. It's really a simple conclusion; no evidence, no belief.
It's really a matter of what you are defining as evidence.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 09:07 am
neo, I don't have to define evidence; there's no way to prove "this" negative.

However, since you believe in poofism, please show us your evidence.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 09:27 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
neo, I don't have to define evidence; there's no way to prove "this" negative.

However, since you believe in poofism, please show us your evidence.
You are the one who said there was no evidence for the existence of God. You should tell us what you mean by that.

But I will say there is much circumstantial evidence. . .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 09:40 am
But all that "circumstantial evidence" you believe in are all in your head, and not in reality.

Please provide us with some of your circumstantial evidence?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 09:41 am
Be back tonight
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 10:59 am
What makes my scalp itch is how so many, can believe in so much, with so little.......Wiki says:

Quote:
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 11:50 am
It also seems clear, that early childhood conditioning plays a sizable role in the religion (or lack thereof) that the person adheres to.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:00 pm
Chumly wrote:
It also seems clear, that early childhood conditioning plays a sizable role in the religion (or lack thereof) that the person adheres to.

A few of us learned early in our childhood that religious dogma and poofism were a contradiction of treating everybody equally and believing in stories from a book that had too many contradictions about "love." Killing everybody on earth except Noah and his family and those animals was a contradiction about god's love; it just didn't make any sense to my young mind.

What ever happened to "god so loved the world...?"
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:06 pm
For the many that must have an answer to the unanswerable, religion is perhaps the only game in town.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:09 pm
That's a "given," and I'm afraid that'll remain a human frailty forever.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:43 pm
There are those whom are willing to put the equivalent of religious faith in the sciences to answer the unanswerable.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:50 pm
I am probably going to regret making this post but something has occurred to me. CI you believe as you do due to a lack of evidence? You say I lack evidence for what I believe. Shocked

I am eagerly awaiting your explanation for this, as I am positive you have one. Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:50 pm
Chumly wrote:
There are those whom are willing to put the equivalent of religious faith in the sciences to answer the unanswerable.

They have admittedly lived in the wrong generation; perhaps about 100 years from now the origin of life would have a scientific answer.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 01:36 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
I am probably going to regret making this post but something has occurred to me. CI you believe as you do due to a lack of evidence? You say I lack evidence for what I believe. Shocked

I am eagerly awaiting your explanation for this, as I am positive you have one. Laughing
You want CI to show, that you have no proof, that you yourself are unable to provide; MOAN, Neo does better for entertainment value.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 01:57 pm
[quote="Chumly"]You want CI to show, that you have no proof, that you yourself are unable to provide; MOAN, Neo does better for entertainment value.[/quote]

The first thing I want is for you to NOT refer to me as MOAN. I find it extremely disrespectful and you have been on this forum long enough to know those letters no longer apply to my ID.

Second, I was asking CI for HIS reasoning because he is the one that made the statement.

How often do I see posted on this forum, "if you make an assertion you must back it up"? Paraphrased, of course.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 02:19 pm
I've explained all I can about my positions and/or beliefs:

a) nobody can show "real" evidence that there is a god, because it's all in that person's mind (based on faith alone)
b) I cannot prove there is a god, because there is no evidence
c) I am an atheist; we believe there is no god or any superpower who created us or this universe ------- there is no evidence to disprove my belief
d) I cannot prove something that does not exist; poofism is one of them, santa claus and the tooth fairy are others; it's almost impossible to prove a negative (something that does not physically exist)
e) all religions are based on man-made creations
f) gods have existed long before the bible jesus was created by man
g) man has used the sun, moon, animals, imaginary man-animals, and even man as gods -------- there are many evidence for this
h) it's been my observation that religion has created more wars and violence of man against man than most other man-made organizations while claiming it's the only place where morals can be learned
i) an admission of any religious faith is no guarantee the individual will live a better, more humane life
j) it's common knowledge of many christians that anyone confessing to be a christian is not necessarily a christian -------- who determines that is anyone's guess
k) my reasoning is very simple; show me the beef
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 02:21 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
[quote="Chumly"]You want CI to show, that you have no proof, that you yourself are unable to provide; MOAN, Neo does better for entertainment value.

The first thing I want is for you to NOT refer to me as MOAN. I find it extremely disrespectful and you have been on this forum long enough to know those letters no longer apply to my ID.

Second, I was asking CI for HIS reasoning because he is the one that made the statement.

How often do I see posted on this forum, "if you make an assertion you must back it up"? Paraphrased, of course.[/color][/quote]Pretty obvious dodge.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 03:06 pm
I wasn't dodging anything Chumly. My post was directed toward CI and it seems he has responded. Is that ok with you?

CI my point, which you still seem to be missing, is you and I and everyone else on this forum do the same thing. You post what you believe and why. You post your evidence or admit your lack of evidence and discuss.

However, when you start calling the other person's beliefs, "poofism, etc." and use derogatory remarks, this is the point to where I feel you are shoving it down my throat.

You are an intelligent person. You have been, at times, a very charming man. But when you start getting frustrated and using ad hominems, etc., because someone is not accepting what you are saying you are shoving it down their throats in my opinion.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 03:12 pm
Have you ever heard about any atheist standing on a corner or coming to your home to promote atheism? Have you seen atheists group together to promote non-science in science curriculum - or any other course? Have you ever seen atheist missionaries promoting their beliefs? Have you ever seen atheists (as a group) promote legislation in your state or our country?

Who's trying to shove their beliefs down our throats?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 03:16 pm
knock knock Hi, I'm an atheist, and I want to talk to you about god...
0 Replies