All super-duper-perfect

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:13 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
. . . The bible claims that the earth is 7,000 years old. If atheists point out that science negates that claim, it's not based on atheism; it's based on science; geology, paleontology, anthropology, astronomy....
And if a bible student negates that claim? Then what? If you claim logic, why do you keep dredging up this straw man?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:32 pm
A bible student can disclaim anything in the bible; the problem is that the bible itself ages the earth at 7,000 years old.

The irony of any bible student making disclaimers of anything in the bible makes it an oxymoron; one must first have evidence at the origin of any claims made.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:52 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Arella Mae is a christian, and the best defense is to offer an offense.

Arella Mae, What and when has atheists "preached" to the masses? Have you ever had an atheist try to convert you into atheism? If you say "yes," you are lying.

What atheists are prone to do is point out all of the "contradictions, errors and omissions" in the good book. It's about honesty, logic and ethics. That's nowhere near "preaching atheism," because it has nothing to do with atheism; it's about being true to oneself.

The bible claims that the earth is 7,000 years old. If atheists point out that science negates that claim, it's not based on atheism; it's based on science; geology, paleontology, anthropology, astronomy....

My posting on this forum sharing what I believe and why is no different than you posting on this forum sharing what you believe and why. That was my point.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:53 pm
aperson wrote:
It seems that everytime Arella cannot reply to a post, she quietly slips away. This has happened to me at least three times in the past week or so, and I'm beginning to wonder why I even bother.

aperson,

I am working full time now. I was at work today when I posted. I am just now getting back to the forum. I am sorry if you felt I was ignoring you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:55 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Arella Mae is a christian, and the best defense is to offer an offense.

Arella Mae, What and when has atheists "preached" to the masses? Have you ever had an atheist try to convert you into atheism? If you say "yes," you are lying.

What atheists are prone to do is point out all of the "contradictions, errors and omissions" in the good book. It's about honesty, logic and ethics. That's nowhere near "preaching atheism," because it has nothing to do with atheism; it's about being true to oneself.

The bible claims that the earth is 7,000 years old. If atheists point out that science negates that claim, it's not based on atheism; it's based on science; geology, paleontology, anthropology, astronomy....

My posting on this forum sharing what I believe and why is no different than you posting on this forum sharing what you believe and why. That was my point.

There's a whole world of difference; you haven't produced any "real" evidence for your statements. Is god real? Prove it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:57 pm
Prove it? Uh, wait a minute CI, you are now asking me to try to convince you of what I believe? The very thing you speak against Christians doing? Shocked Shocked

You don't get it both ways. You cannot say you don't want me to try to convince you of my beliefs and then turn around and ask me to try to prove them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 07:05 pm
Thought so.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 07:10 pm
Thought so? You thought I was too smart to fall for you trying to get me to do the very thing you accuse me of doing? Why thank you for the vote of confidence! Laughing

Seriously, CI, on one hand you don't like me sharing my beliefs and why I believe what I believe for whatever reason. But you expect me to believe that your sharing is different than my sharing. Now, why is that?

I tell you what beliefs I hold. I tell you what the Bible says and what my understanding of that is. Whether you accept any of it or not is up to you, just as you tell me what beliefs you hold and your sources and your understanding of whatever your source. No difference that I can see.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 07:20 pm
My beliefs are very simple; I don't believe in any god. There is no way for me to prove this negative.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 07:22 pm
Oh that's funny! You don't believe in God so that makes what you do different than what I do? It only makes the subject matter different.

Nah, not good enough. Sorry.

There is no difference in what we both do posting on this forum.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 07:28 pm
It's because my post went way over your head. There's nothing for me to prove or preach.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 07:30 pm
Then why did you try to explain to me how you are not trying to convince me of anything by trying to convince me of the validity of your argument and the incredibilty of mine?

I don't care how you try to justify it, slice it, color it, etc., we both do the same thing on this forum. END OF STORY. Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 07:48 pm
There is nothing to convince me about my not believing in any god. There is no evidence of such a thing as a god except in your head.

There is nothing to slice, dice or justify. It just doesn't exist.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 07:52 pm
Oh I see. You are right and you know that for 100%? Uh, you keep trying to convince me. Seems to me you are getting a bit pushy.

Do you get it yet?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:02 pm
I like pushy; if you can't handle it, don't respond. Simple isn't it?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:04 pm
I know for a fact - or better still, 100%, that there is no evidence whatsoever for a god. It's really a simple conclusion; no evidence, no belief.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:04 pm
Poofism in not in my realm of important things in this life.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:09 pm
CI,

Look, you are not a stupid man. I know this for a fact from reading your posts on this forum. But you obviously are missing the point here.

You are still trying to convince me that you don't try to shove your beliefs (non-beliefs, etc.) down anyone's throat. Yet, you persist in explaining to me why you feel your posting on this forum is not doing that and the whole time becoming more and more, let's just as edgy?

I am finished with this discussion. I have made my point whether you understand that point or not or refuse to acknowledge it or not.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:19 pm
aperson wrote:
Tell that to the families who have lost those most dear to them.

Besides, you've missed the point entirely. The point was that Christians only attribute good things to God, and ignore bad things.

Of course we attribute good things to God. Curses and all that went out with the New Covenant.

I never said it was easy. Good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. This is life. It is reality. We live and we die. It doesn't make it any easier knowing that fact but it is a fact. One I accept. I believe God is sovereign. We may only know the what but God knows the why.

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I had to go back and read a few pages to find it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 09:55 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
A bible student can disclaim anything in the bible; the problem is that the bible itself ages the earth at 7,000 years old.
No, it doesn't
0 Replies