portfolio plus some candids and scenics

Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:17 pm
My photo website: here's a link in my profile. While there you can see many of my portfolio pix, if you care to view.

Currently, I just now added some Grand Canyon pix from 01/08 and a few local crafts shop pix. The following link will play a quick slideshow of all the images, some of which are Grand Canyon, Brattleboro VT. At the end of the show is the farm to where I'm moving, not that far out in farm country a few miles from Saratoga Springs, NY.

http://thumb15.webshots.net/t/14/15/1/86/58/235818658BCuWWo_th.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 20,319 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:24 pm
WOW Ragman - they are brill. I gotta go to bed now - the pumkin I turned into over an hour ago is getting mushy. Will have a good look see tomorrow. I went to GrandCanyon in '93 and the most stunning place "Bryce Canyon".

So looking forward to seeing moving pics - it is an exciting time and the place you are going to sounds just amaxing mate.

Thanku for sharing that. I have some beautiful images to go to sleep with now (I visualise everything Rolling Eyes )

Thanks
Iz x
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:25 pm
Ragman, you know I'm a fan.

Thanks
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:26 pm
I zeroed in on the farm. It's an ideal setting, all right. I wish you success there, and hope you keep us updated. I looked at some of the other photos and saw quite a number of very nice ones, but will come back to the Grand Canyon, after dinner.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:27 pm
Ahhhhhh Ragman. Thank you!

I hope you keep this thread alive with your world. Would love to keep peeking inside!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:27 pm
Rest well, Izzy. I look fwd to your comments.

thanks, Rock
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:29 pm
Nite folkses x Smile Looking forward to tomorrows pics.

(may SheW can do her potfolio too somewhere)

Happy Days you guys - well done Ragman Regular!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:30 pm
pleasant screams, Izzie!

Thanks again all - Brooke. And ^5 Edgar! Save me some tasty morsels.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:32 pm
Ragman .....there has got to be a nice story behind the pic called "Deer Heart"

Soooooooo cute!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:36 pm
I loved the VT farm shot and the peek-a-boo foliage - is that poison ivy? Lovely photography and similar to my own in that it is often based on nature. Thanks for sharing.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:40 pm
very nice
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 07:23 pm
littlek wrote:
I loved the VT farm shot and the peek-a-boo foliage - is that poison ivy? Lovely photography and similar to my own in that it is often based on nature. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, LittleK. YVW. Glad you enjoy.

It was sumac that grew through my fence in my backyard.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 07:24 pm
Glad to hear it was sumac!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 07:28 pm
I was quite fortunate 'cause when I entered "peekaboo foliage", and the "Wallingford Vermont farm" and also a B&W image 'silver sand' (beach rocks..looking like an aerial shot), they received awards at small art show contest.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 07:29 pm
The Grand Canyon shots were unbelievably good.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 07:55 pm
TY djjd62

TY, Edgar. I really was on target that day. I stayed in Sedona AZ on vacation. I waited for the right day and time of the day (sunset). It was not too long after the southwest had it's "blizzard" in early January.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 08:22 pm
I always enjoy invitations to view your 'etchings' Ragman Cool

The new space looks quite nice - looks like it'd be comfortable year-round.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 02:24 pm
Oh hey Ragman... Smile

Have gone through the slideshow a few times now.

WOW

your photography / art is wonderful.

Galway looks as tho you are going to have a fun time there... oh, there is a lot of scope there.

The photos... well, I believe we have a similar eye. I particularly like the bark photos (80) (57) and the simplicity of the shots within nature - I see images like that in my every day - as opposed to the normal scenic shots, I look at surroundings in a more abstract way I suppose (well, abtract - or obscure - I'm not sure what I do).

I loved the silohette yacht... (16) (14) definitely my sorta image. And the Grand Canyon (91) - love that.

(80) Subway - yep yep yep
(73) that should be a M.I.L.K. card....that is the sort of image I send to my soulmate sister - just fab
(70) beautiful - portrait with so much "natural" - stunning
(67) the date on the building and the clock - time.... I don't see the image as such, but the "time-line" within the image (if you see what I mean) - again - just the type of photo I would take
(50) (26) (13) and others..... simple and beautiful
(40) ...of course
(23) (11) - love them
(5) - great setup and colour contrast with reflection
(2) - yep, I do that.

(perhaps you shouldn't have asked my thoughts a? ) :wink:

I think they are great - I love photography and it's great to look at other folks work and how you see the world through the lens.

Good on yer Ragman. Very Happy
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 02:39 pm
The farm looks like a painting...it is beautiful. The rest of your photos as well. I am always amazed by a good photographers way of capturing a feeling. Quite impressive Ragman. Thanks for sharing!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 03:20 pm
thanks
Awww, gee! Thanks guys/gals. You folks really know how to make a guy feel good about himself.

Mismi: thanks for the compliment. BTW, that farm about which you'd mentioned must've been the foliage shot with the mist over in VT - not to be confused with the place to where I'm moving. I'd scoped that mntn/farm/foliage shot for about 3 yrs. In fact, I even had status reports phoned to me about the peak period of the foliage season. I got lucky with the fog/mist but I did have to get up at 6am to take advantage.

I just got word from my friends that the new place's veggie garden is growing well (reg. weeded) and there'll be a good variety of fresh veggies in due time for summer harvest. I love cooking. I might start herb garden, but I often don't have great luck with some varieties of herbs. But I digress...! LOL.
0 Replies