portfolio plus some candids and scenics

Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 03:28 pm
Izzie wrote:
Oh hey Ragman... Smile

The photos... well, I believe we have a similar eye. I particularly like the bark photos (80) (57) and the simplicity of the shots within nature - I see images like that in my every day - as opposed to the normal scenic shots, I look at surroundings in a more abstract way I suppose (well, abtract - or obscure - I'm not sure what I do).

I loved the silohette yacht... (16) (14) definitely my sorta image. And the Grand Canyon (91) - love that.

(80) Subway - yep yep yep
(73) that should be a M.I.L.K. card....that is the sort of image I send to my soulmate sister - just fab
(70) beautiful - portrait with so much "natural" - stunning
(67) the date on the building and the clock - time.... I don't see the image as such, but the "time-line" within the image (if you see what I mean) - again - just the type of photo I would take
(50) (26) (13) and others..... simple and beautiful
(40) ...of course
(23) (11) - love them
(5) - great setup and colour contrast with reflection
(2) - yep, I do that.

Thanks, Izzie. how generous of you to say those kind things. Do you have a website with some of your works to share ?

I'm looking over the numbers of the ones you commented on so I can associate your comments.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 03:33 pm
well mr ragman I was enjoying your pics UNTIL I saw Porsche Carerra. jesus man if you'r gonna post a pic of such a fine automobile at least spell it right it's CARRERA not carerra. Please never post on a2k again. Thank you.
THE DYS. You could drive a man to drink, in fact I think I will right nowjust to settle my nerves, carerra OMG. next thing you know ragman, you will post a pic of a jagwar. think I need a zanax.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 03:39 pm
Well, I can offer a Lamghorbini, a Restatossa, a Tolus and obviously, a Refarri..
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 03:52 pm
Ragman wrote:

Do you have a website with some of your works to share ?

Oh no Very Happy Just A2K - I dabble - I wish I could do it for real tho.

Will post on here tho now when I am pleased with one I do if that's okeydokey with you. Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 04:07 pm
dear mr ragman, this is a zamboni, it is not a exotic sports car such as a Lamborghini which is a tractor;
zamboni;
http://www.canev.com/Customers/Zamboni/images/Zamboni-001.jpg
Lamborghini;
http://www.jordbruk.info/traktor/traktor2006/lamborghini_r3-95.jpg
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 04:17 pm
tnx
Dys..and Francis you guys made me snarf my drink!
Loved that Zamboni pix! Thanks for that reminder about the correction. I spelled it right in one spot but wrong 2x where it's most visible. My friend actually owns that silver Porsche Carrera car. I almost lost my mind when I drove it ONE time! That car holds the road like a cat holds onto drapes! Non-turbo, too.

Izzie wrote:
Oh hey Ragman... Smile

The photos... well, I believe we have a similar eye. I particularly like the bark photos (80) (57) and the simplicity of the shots within nature - I see images like that in my every day - as opposed to the normal scenic shots, I look at surroundings in a more abstract way I suppose (well, abtract - or obscure - I'm not sure what I do).

I loved the silohette yacht... (16) (14) definitely my sorta image. And the Grand Canyon (91) - love that.

(80) Subway - yep yep yep
(73) that should be a M.I.L.K. card....that is the sort of image I send to my soulmate sister - just fab
(70) beautiful - portrait with so much "natural" - stunning
(67) the date on the building and the clock - time.... I don't see the image as such, but the "time-line" within the image (if you see what I mean) - again - just the type of photo I would take
(50) (26) (13) and others..... simple and beautiful
(40) ...of course
(23) (11) - love them
(5) - great setup and colour contrast with reflection
(2) - yep, I do that.

Izzie:
I'm looking over the numbers of the ones you commented on so I can associate your comments.

#2: as is typical for B&W, online presentation does this little justice; this image has texture, tonality. I hand printed this back in the day of my chemical-based darkroom back when I had that in full operation. It was one does well in juried art shows.

#5: a product shot but one that I enjoyed setting up and also looking at or giving to friends as a gift.

#11: interesting..an obscured-by-clouds solar eclipse that was rescued.

#13: was sailing on sister ship across the water from the subject in Key West sunset sailing excursion (was 3 sheets to the wind myself).

#14: one of my faves and currently one of my most well-received. Taken in my old back-yard, but not a set-up. Has won an art award.

#16: Taken on Key West FLA vacation 5yrs ago and on the weekend I got my favorite new toy....upgraded digital SLR camera.

#23: love doing late-night sessions while creating abstracts from every-day subjects.

#26: that time of the season/year where walking in downtown Saratoga Springs, NY with (camera) eye open on surroundings.

#40: my (late) meditating kitty...RIP. Always a willing subject.

#50 all the birch bark and birch tree photo will be part of a series. I see those patterns as almost a psychology Rorsharc (blotch) test..becoming a canvas of their own.

#60 one of my fave foliage trips of all time to So. Vermont.

#67 fun architectural exploring trip in Saratoga Springs NY

#70 a commercial TV image capture, believe it or not.

#73 Russian relatives...(bwahahaha)

#91 all of these Grand Canyon images were a joy and a wonderful to behold in person. Hoping to sell a million of them and travel there again and to Sedona!

Oops!. That reminds me to include some Sedona AZ pix I forgot to put on the site.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 06:05 am
Hey Ragman et al - might start a thread with my pics - will y'all come and have a look and be honest with me... pics are through individuals eyes - but let me know what ya think, if you would a? I like them. Just gotta get some together Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 06:16 am
neat pix ragman. I just bought a new Canon SLR so Im learning how to use it for more than just "photo notebook" stuff for my projects.

Years ago I headed up a team of engineers studying the PCBs in the Hudson. I took some picturs of some marvelous old squared stone limestobe hoems from the 1800s . These were strung out along the river from Ft Edward to Glen Falls. Is this the sort of area that youll be moving to? Gets really cold up in the Northern Kingdom.
I remember a day when it warmed up to -5.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 06:31 am
dyslexia wrote:
well mr ragman I was enjoying your pics UNTIL I saw Porsche Carerra. jesus man if you'r gonna post a pic of such a fine automobile at least spell it right .

exaclty

Porche

Got it.

I love love love that large boat photo and I think that would make a beautiful canvas black and white..

cant believe I have never seen your site before..
I like your work!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 09:39 am
BYW canvas art
Farmerman: I already do live up that way in Clifton Park, NY, 20 mins drive north of Albany. In 2-3 weeks I'll be moving just a little further north and west...farm land 20 mins west of Saratoga Springs. That Glens Falls area is a bit further north and over towards VT border - not that far away.

Temps of -5 deg F don't happen up here often except maybe once every other winter...and maybe for a day or so. Generally, it's not that bad on the whole. Typical dead-of-winter's day is 20 deg for high and 10-15 deg F at night. In this new place I'll be using an efficient wood stove and/or the other heat source if I choose to use it is a furnace is (propane-fed). Oh, yes..and on the property are 7 cords of seasoned and split hard wood.

shewolf: In my studio, I can produce that sort of B&W enlargement you're talking about...either on canvas paper (preferred) or with a canvas effect. In essence, this is my career...and the specialty of what I'm transitioning over to with my work.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 09:59 am
Beautiful! I always enjoy looking at your work, Ragman, you have such a painterly way with color. "Russian Divas at the Spa" is still my favorite though.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 01:13 pm
thank you kindly, boomer!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 02:29 pm
QUESTION FOR RAGMAN--What kind of camera do you use? and what would you like it to do better (Im looking at buying a new SLR and I think IM overthinking it by looking at features)

A friend said that she wanted to have her camera be easire to recharge(she uses a Nikon SLR)

Another said that the lenses were too unwieldy (he uses a Canon SLR)
do you do professional photog?

I need a gooder camera for Photo "note taking" on project sites. I wish they made a still camera that had a microphone that could take my thoughts on tape (or disc) and colate them to the shot.

EG , I got my shots from a last trip South and I did digital AND film (digi can get screwed up in the wet jungle) . I mixed up shots and notes so I had to unravel a mess of details

PS, how do you do that solarization? is that a software thing? I really like it when you do minimalist stuff solarized, It jumps out at you.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 03:53 pm
With your permission, I'll prvt msg you info about camera stuff.

Solarization is done in s/w graphics application. I used Photoshop..but many others have this functionality.

The camera that I own, as do many other digital SLRs (from mid-level to advanced amateur) have the ability to record voice (MPEG). When you do this type of recording, it's done as a motion picture movie. Be aware that these use a lot of memory space. But that's another issue.

Any camera, be it a negative-based or digital-based can get messed up in wet climate such as a jungle. One is not more or less prone than the other type. the key there is having one with good seal and gaskets. That tends to be a function of buying cameras that are higher-end...more like advanced amateur and pro level if you want reliability in adverse conditions like extreme cold, heat, dust/sand, and/or humidity.
0 Replies