DC Gun Ban Lifted

Gala

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 05:11 pm
Does anyone how the individuals members voted? So far, all I've been able to find is 5-4.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 05:12 pm
Gala wrote:
Does anyone how the individuals members voted? So far, all I've been able to find is 5-4.

The 4 jerks plus Kennedy in the Aff.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 05:17 pm
Let's see, that'd be Alito, Roberts, Thomas, Kennedy...did Scalia vote to lift it or not?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 05:21 pm
Gala wrote:
Let's see, that'd be Alito, Roberts, Thomas, Kennedy...did Scalia vote to lift it or not?

Naturally. He is the worst of all of them, really...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 05:23 pm
Thanks for letting me know, although, all you said was, the four jerks (or something like this) and I was able to fill in the blanks. So much for Kennedy becoming the Sandra Day O'Connor of the court...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 05:25 pm
Gala wrote:
Thanks for letting me know, although, all you said was, the four jerks (or something like this) and I was able to fill in the blanks. So much for Kennedy becoming the Sandra Day O'Connor of the court...

I knew you would know!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 05:38 pm
Funny. Amen for David Souter-- G H Bush got that appointment wrong...
0 Replies

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 07:27 pm
Scalia wrote the opinion (and spent a good chunk of it firing off broadsides at the two dissents... rightly so, given that the scholarship of the dissents is already being picked at as flawed, heh.)

Notable is that all nine justices have accepted the individual-rights interpretation. The collective-rights interpretation is dead. The weird aftereffects of Miller are -totally- dead.

Incorporation hasn't happened yet, though Scalia's opinion left it pretty clear that it would have, had the issue been raised; since it was a DC case, there's no state issue, so incorporation didn't come up. It's good when justices clearly want to say something, but hold themselves back on important legal principles...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 05:32 am
The fact that we have four so called "Supreme" justices that would vote against the God given right to self defense in your own home shows how important it is to keep Obama out of the Whitehouse and preferably out of any office at all.

Shame on those four decidedly unsupreme clowns.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 05:34 am
How fickle the right is.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 08:37 am
There must be an awful lot of "fickle" Dems too....

http://js.polls.yahoo.com/quiz/quiziframe.php?poll_id=36862
0 Replies