Antonin Scalia getting ready to CRUSH the Freedom Haters

Advocate

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 03:02 pm
I haven't read the actual decision, but understand that it is limited to saying that an individual has a right to keep a handgun in his home. This doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Could someone please correct me if I am wrong.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 03:33 pm
Advocate wrote:
I haven't read the actual decision, but understand that it is limited to saying that an individual has a right to keep a handgun in his home. This doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Could someone please correct me if I am wrong.

It didn't put any hard limits on the right -- the boundaries are left to future cases.

I have high hopes of overturning bans on armor-piercing ammo and sawed-off shotguns based on the ruling.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 04:19 pm
Armor-piercing sawed-off shotguns.

Yummy!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 06:08 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Armor-piercing sawed-off shotguns.

Yummy!

Two separate things. Shotguns are about the last weapons that would be capable of firing AP ammo.

The argument for the right to have AP ammo is the strongest, IMO:

We have the right to be armed in defense of criminals, and sometimes criminals wear body armor.

The argument in favor of sawed-off shotguns is that, so long as armor penetration is not an issue, shotguns are great for home defense (and are ideal for defense against dangerous animals), and shorter barrels make them more maneuverable and handy.

The argument in favor of having an M16 with three shot burst is that it is the standard infantry rifle of the United States -- what people would be required to bring with them if the government asked them to form a militia.

The argument in favor of belt-fed, tripod mounted machineguns is rather a longshot, but they might help storeowners defend their business during a riot. As I recall reading once, there were draft riots in New York City during the Civil War, and when the rioters surged towards the New York Times building, the owner fired a few warning shots from the Gatling gun he had set up on the roof. And the rioters suddenly found they had pressing business elsewhere.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 08:16 pm
Don't stop there.

The argument for a railgun is that foreign powers may fire ICBMs and I should be able to protect myself from them. Blah blah blah.

Your arguments go too far. I'm sure you could rationalize everyone running around with handgrenades, but it doesn't mean that a government should allow it. Your safety is less of a priority if your means of protection siply put others in harms way.

T
K
O
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 08:49 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
Don't stop there.

The argument for a railgun is that foreign powers may fire ICBMs and I should be able to protect myself from them. Blah blah blah.

Huh? Confused

Diest TKO wrote:
Your arguments go too far.

No they don't.

Diest TKO wrote:
I'm sure you could rationalize everyone running around with handgrenades,

Really? How so?

Diest TKO wrote:
Your safety is less of a priority if your means of protection siply put others in harms way.

My means of protection don't put others in harms way.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 09:33 pm
You are a sad delusional fool.

T
K
O
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 09:49 pm
Diest TKO wrote:

Not really.

You must be really bitter at the recent ruling in order to lash out in such a silly way. Laughing
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:12 pm
oralloy wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:

Not really.

You must be really bitter at the recent ruling in order to lash out in such a silly way. Laughing

You are the one claiming that you aren't putting others at risk and arguing for armor piercing rounds and short barrel shotguns. If you don't see how you want to put people at risk, you are delusional. Your ideas abuse amendment 2.

I pity people like you.

T
K
O
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:21 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
You are the one claiming that you aren't putting others at risk and arguing for armor piercing rounds and short barrel shotguns.

Well, it would put criminals at risk, certainly, if they tried to invade a well-defended house.

Diest TKO wrote:
If you don't see how you want to put people at risk, you are delusional.

No, not really.

Diest TKO wrote:
Your ideas abuse amendment 2.

Using the Second Amendment to defend people's gun rights is hardly an abuse. That's what it's there for.

Diest TKO wrote:
I pity people like you.

You sure get petty when your anti-Freedom agenda is thwarted by the courts. Laughing
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 03:20 am
You make a mockery of freedom oralley. For every right their is a responsibility. You cannot have one without the other. You want the right but scoff at the responsibility.

Your intellectual bankruptcy will not be compensated for with a gun. Welcome to the marketplace of ideas, you didn't bring any currency, so you can look, but you can't touch.

T
K
O
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 06:50 am
http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/cwjmo/2008/cwjmo080627.gif
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 07:13 am
Chalk one up for the good guys... it's about time !!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 10:17 am
Diest TKO wrote:
You make a mockery of freedom oralley.

LOL! Not really.

Diest TKO wrote:
You make a mockery of freedom oralley. For every right their is a responsibility. You cannot have one without the other. You want the right but scoff at the responsibility.

Nope. Not scoffing at any responsibility. Nice try.

Diest TKO wrote:
Your intellectual bankruptcy

Liar.

Diest TKO wrote:
Welcome to the marketplace of ideas, you didn't bring any currency,

Liar.

--------------------------------

This is getting funny. How long is your bitter ranting going to go on?

Face it, you're going to have to accept America's freedom. I'm sure you can learn to deal with it though.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 10:43 am
revel wrote:
http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/cwjmo/2008/cwjmo080627.gif

Thing is, between five justices who want to give me half an amendment, and four who want to take the whole thing away, I'll take the half.

The left was correct when they opposed non-militia weapons as not what the Second Amendment intended, but then when it came time to hand automatic rifles out to everyone, suddenly the left wanted to just pretend the Second Amendment didn't exist at all.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 12:47 pm
oralloy wrote:
I'm sure you can learn to deal with it though.

I learned how to tolerate idiots like you years ago.

T
K
O
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 01:34 pm
Fellow party guests - please don't pay any attention to the mentally-challenged interlopers: they can always go back to mama, aka the New York Times, cry over there:

The interlopers are wards of a self-appointed guardian, btw, who never did read applicable law in re gun ownership:

Fellow NRA members: we can party on all the way up and including the entire weekend of July 4th. Pests from mental institutions have the option of departing peacefully - ask your guardian (aka railway crossing signalman) before replying Smile

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 04:21 pm
High Seas wrote:
Fellow party guests - please don't pay any attention to the mentally-challenged interlopers: they can always go back to mama, aka the New York Times, cry over there:

The interlopers are wards of a self-appointed guardian, btw, who never did read applicable law in re gun ownership:

Fellow NRA members: we can party on all the way up and including the entire weekend of July 4th. Pests from mental institutions have the option of departing peacefully - ask your guardian (aka railway crossing signalman) before replying Smile

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So, about the alien who abducted you and then inseminated you with crazy juice. What did he look like?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 04:28 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
I learned how to tolerate idiots like you years ago.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wow! That's a REALLY impressive temper tantrum!
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 04:28 pm
Gargamel wrote:
High Seas wrote:

So, about the alien who abducted you and then inseminated you with crazy juice. What did he look like?
He didn't see the alien's face, but he said it was wearing a flag pin.

T
K
O
0 Replies