"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose" Kris

"Lose"...Janis.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 04:19 pm
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What's the bigotry that he wrote?

He said "Gunnuts must be horrible at chess; they can't seem to think more than one step ahead."

That is an observation based upon available evidence, not an example of bigotry.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 04:37 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

He said "Gunnuts must be horrible at chess; they can't seem to think more than one step ahead."

That is an observation based upon available evidence, not an example of bigotry.

The term "gun nut" is just as bigoted a term as the "n word" that KKK types use against African Americans.

Anyone who uses that term is no different from any member of the KKK.

Further, painting groups of people with a broad brush like he did with his "not thinking a step ahead" nonsense is a stereotype. Stereotypes like this are often spewed by bigots, but they are never true (and are never backed by any evidence whatsoever).
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 04:41 pm
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

The term "gun nut" is just as bigoted a term as the "n word" that KKK types use against African Americans.

Further, painting groups of people with a broad brush like he did with his "not thinking a step ahead" nonsense is a stereotype. Stereotypes like this are often spewed by bigots, but they are never true (and are never backed by any evidence whatsoever).

I'm sorry to have to point out that you are Appealing to Extremes. This is a logical fallacy. Everyone who uses the term 'gun nut' is not the equivalent of the KKK, who actively murder people that they do not like.

The evidence can be found in the majority of postings by our resident gun nut community; generally informed on subjects pertaining to firearms, their make and usage, but vapid, intellectually lazy, sophomoric, and generally a waste of time on every other subject, including interpretations of laws relating to guns and their usage and the philosophy of said laws.

I would be forced to agree with Diest; I bet you guys really do suck at chess, preferring the direct attack each and every time, crowing and feeling confident until the subtle knife eviscerates you.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 04:50 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'm sorry to have to point out that you are Appealing to Extremes. This is a logical fallacy. Everyone who uses the term 'gun nut' is not the equivalent of the KKK, who actively murder people that they do not like.

Bigots are bigots.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
I would be forced to agree with Diest; I bet you guys really do suck at chess, preferring the direct attack each and every time, crowing and feeling confident until the subtle knife eviscerates you.

Then you are a bigot too.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 04:59 pm
Members of the KKK are gun nuts.

Kind of ironic if you think about it.

Political correctness has gone too far when we can no longer call KKK people "bigots".
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 05:33 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

The evidence can be found in the majority of postings by our resident gun nut community; generally informed on subjects pertaining to firearms, their make and usage, but vapid, intellectually lazy, sophomoric, and generally a waste of time on every other subject, including interpretations of laws relating to guns and their usage and the philosophy of said laws.

Cycloptichorn

Wow! This is truly hilarious.

How have I never run into this guy before on A2K? I think he could be as fun as RL or Rexred.

oralley - I'd love for you to justify how "gunnut" and "N*gg*r" are in any way socially equal in weight. Please indulge me. Laughing This should be great! I can't wait to hear it.

You sir are desperate. Pumping out hyperbole and confounded non-sense with each keystroke.

As someone who has experienced real bigotry first hand in my life, I can tell you calling someone a gunnut is not it. I guess cjhsa is a bigot for calling us "gun-haters" then.

ebrown_p - I think PC has nothing to do with anything anymore. The only time I hear the phrase anymore is from the republican strawman factory. PC was never an objective IMO, it was a failed means to the real objective of establishing a professional and respectful cultural standard. I think when people started to realize that it wasn't about appealing to some authority but instead about decency for our fellow man, PC began to evaporate.

As evidence, I'd look to many large companies who have found that promoting a positive work environment can yield a great retention in talent.

The last irony for me on the issue of guns is that those most impassioned to lobby for looser gun laws are the worst about making the issue less intimidating. If people like cjhsa think that liberals are afraid of guns, they are wrong, they are afraid of you, cause your ideas are ******* scary! If you really want to protect this right, you should be less cultish and use more metered speech.

I'd think about first impressions, then I'd think about second, third etc. Most people will look at you and be like "I want nothing to do with that." If people have the wrong impressions about guns, you need to acknowledge your own contribution to that impression.

Take aim at sane from now on.
K
O
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 05:49 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
If you really want to protect this right, you should be less cultish and use more metered speech.

I'd think about first impressions, then I'd think about second, third etc. Most people will look at you and be like "I want nothing to do with that." If people have the wrong impressions about guns, you need to acknowledge your own contribution to that impression.

Take aim at sane from now on.

Bigoted stereotypes are a reflection on the bigot doing the stereotyping, not on the person being stereotyped.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:14 pm
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Hey guys, remember that dark period of American history when gun nuts were forced from their homeland, chained to ships, whipped into brutal servitude, and arbitrarily strung from trees?

Why, now that I think about it, the oppression they've suffered is no different from that of African Americans!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:17 pm
Gargamel,

I am surprised but happy to see you. I was so sure you were one of those "crushed" by Scalia.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:18 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Hi, I missed the point and I'm not afraid to admit it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 06:37 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
Hi, I missed the point and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 07:15 pm
McGentrix wrote:
When my late nights cooking meth in the basement are finally over, my opinion might be worth considering.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 07:21 pm
parados wrote:
Gargamel,

I am surprised but happy to see you. I was so sure you were one of those "crushed" by Scalia.

I think I might have twisted an ankle, but other than that I'm okay.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 08:25 pm
oralloy wrote:
Hey Chicago!! You're next!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

"plaintiffs include Chicago residents Otis McDonald, a retiree who has been working with police to rid his neighborhood of drug dealers, and who wants to have a handgun at his home; Adam Orlov, a former Evanston police officer; software engineer David Lawson and his wife, Colleen, a hypnotherapist, whose home has been targeted by burglars. Attorney Alan Gura, who argued the District of Columbia challenge before the high court, and Chicago area attorney David G. Sigale, represent the plaintiffs.

"Our goal," Gura said "is to require state and local officials to respect our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Chicago's handgun ban, and some of its gun registration requirements, are clearly unconstitutional.""

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/saf_files_lawsuit_challenging_chicago_s_handgun_ban

Link to complaint (PDF): http://www.chicagoguncase.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/complaint.pdf

Time to drive the Freedom Haters into the sea! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 08:29 pm
oralloy wrote:

Time to drive the Freedom Haters into the sea! Evil or Very Mad

What was it you were saying about bigots and stereotypes oralloy?

Oh, that's right...
oralloy wrote:

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 08:54 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Hey guys, remember that dark period of American history when gun nuts were forced from their homeland, chained to ships, whipped into brutal servitude, and arbitrarily strung from trees?

Why, now that I think about it, the oppression they've suffered is no different from that of African Americans!

Sad, really, considering that our great country was founded by gun nuts.

http://www.bkmarcus.com/blog/images/holiday/1620-Pilgrims.gif
A band of hardy gun nuts lands on Plymouth Rock and immediately sets out to find a group of dark people they can discriminate against. "Hey look, Ephraim, that guy on the left -- he talks funny and looks different from us. We shall call him 'Squanto' and force him to live in a segregated neighborhood."

First they came for the gun nuts, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a gun nut.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. And, well, let's face it, they're Jews.

Then they came for the homosexuals, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a homosexual -- not that there's anything wrong with that.

Then they came for the blacks, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't black, although I assure you some of my best friends are black.

Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me. But I was glad at least that they came for the gun nuts first. Losers!!!

-- Pastor Martin Niewieder 1892?-1984??
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 12:44 pm
[quote="joefromchicago]................

Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me. But I was glad at least that they came for the gun nuts first. Losers!!!

-- Pastor Martin Niewieder 1892?-1984??[/quote]

Joe - so nice for all of us here who are not legal eagles to see you deigning to post on our thread. Who or what oppressed the alleged "victims" in your allegedly implicit "persecution" of the Supreme Court decision of the 2nd Amendment? Take your time replying.

P.S. "WE" the "PEOPLE" are NOT the CONTEMPTIBLE "victim classes" imagined by "joefromchicago". We are a FREE people and we have the 14th Amendment.

Shame on you, Joe, because YOU, unlike the clueless take-a-hike-sisters hanging around this thread, actually should KNOW not just the 2nd but ALSO the 14th.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 12:51 pm
High Seas wrote:
Take your time replying.

Watch how fast I go.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 12:52 pm
Wow, High Seas, you sure seem to be in a pissy mood lately.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies