Antonin Scalia getting ready to CRUSH the Freedom Haters

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 12:15 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
Well, it's a sad day among us sane ones.

Cool Sanity and common sense prevail ~ Happy days are here again !!

Strange though, how this isn't going to make any of us any safer.

Sure it will.

It let's people know that they can defend themselves and that they can use a gun to do it.

It also tells the bad guys that more potential victims will have guns for self defense.

Everybody is safer - everybody wins.

But, you could have had the weapons to defend yourself before - just not handguns.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 12:18 pm
Cycl - always a pleasure to see you, of course, but this is a private club Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 12:20 pm
High Seas wrote:
Cycl - always a pleasure to see you, of course, but this is a private club Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Funny, there was no sign on the door. You also seem to lack the authority to bar people from entering, or to force them to leave. So I'm afraid I must disagree with your assessment.

Do you bunch support giving every country in the world a powerful army, and nuclear bombs? After all, that would increase the safety of everyone, as all the bad guys would know that the places they are attacking are well defended.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 12:28 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
Well, it's a sad day among us sane ones.

Cool Sanity and common sense prevail ~ Happy days are here again !!

Strange though, how this isn't going to make any of us any safer.

Sure it will.

It let's people know that they can defend themselves and that they can use a gun to do it.

It also tells the bad guys that more potential victims will have guns for self defense.

Everybody is safer - everybody wins.
One problem Kev, if they are affraid of getting shot, they might just shoot you first and rob your body.

No need to even ask someone to put their hands in the air, just aim at their heart or brain pull the trigger and collect your prize.

Gunnuts must be horrible at chess; they can't seem to think more than one step ahead.

T
K
O
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 12:34 pm
Diest TKO wrote:

Gunnuts must be horrible at chess; they can't seem to think more than one step ahead.

What's a gunnut?

You have been undereducated on the subject of legal gun ownership and the
huge personal responsibility that comes with it - you have much to learn.

Legal gun owners are some of the brightest minds around, they are many steps ahead of you.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 12:48 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:

What's a gunnut?

It's like a peanut, but with no real use.
H2O_MAN wrote:

You have been undereducated on the subject of legal gun ownership and the
huge personal responsibility that comes with it - you have much to learn.

Read closer. I am a legal gun owner.
H2O_MAN wrote:

Legal gun owners are some of the brightest minds around, they are many steps ahead of you.

I know I'm bright, thanks.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 02:09 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Maybe next they can help restore the 4th Amendment.

Scalia delivered the opinion of the Court, in another 5-4 split decision, in Hudson v. Wisconsin, 547 U.S. 586 (2006), that stripped the common law "knock and announce" requirement, which was embodied in the Fourth Amendment, of any meaningful or practical value whatsoever.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 02:23 pm
Re: Antonin Scalia getting ready to CRUSH the Freedom Haters
oralloy wrote:

Your post title is an oxymoron. If your statement is true, then Scalia would have to crush HIMSELF. Scalia's opinions are driven and honed to serve his politics, his cronies, and his personal religious or moral predilections. Every once in a while, if we're lucky, individual rights might reap a small benefit from his agenda-driven service on the Court.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 02:34 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
One problem Kev, if they are affraid of getting shot, they might just shoot you first and rob your body.

No need to even ask someone to put their hands in the air, just aim at their heart or brain pull the trigger and collect your prize.

Interesting delusion.

Diest TKO wrote:

T
K
O

I see you are a bigot. You probably like to burn crosses in minority neighborhoods too. (If you've seen one bigot, you've seen em all.)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 02:40 pm
Re: Antonin Scalia getting ready to CRUSH the Freedom Haters
Debra Law wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Your post title is an oxymoron. If your statement is true, then Scalia would have to crush HIMSELF. Scalia's opinions are driven and honed to serve his politics, his cronies, and his personal religious or moral predilections. Every once in a while, if we're lucky, individual rights might reap a small benefit from his agenda-driven service on the Court.

I prefer Clarence Thomas myself -- Scalia is a bit moderate and tepid for my taste. But I find Scalia to be intelligent and articulate when he writes his rulings.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 03:04 pm
oralloy wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:

Interesting delusion.

Diest TKO wrote:

T
K
O

I see you are a bigot. You probably like to burn crosses in minority neighborhoods too. (If you've seen one bigot, you've seen em all.)

Laughing

T
K
Oh the dance of despiration. You move oh so well to the music.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 03:42 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:

Interesting delusion.

Diest TKO wrote:

T
K
O

Laughing

T
K

I'm desperate?

I think someone's in denial over the Supreme Court's ruling this morning......
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 03:47 pm
Who would that be?

Diest hasn't denied the SC ruling in any way. He has only challenged the misinformed notion that society will be any safer thanks to this ruling.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 03:50 pm
oralloy wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:

Interesting delusion.

Diest TKO wrote:

T
K
O

Laughing

T
K

I'm desperate?

I think someone's in denial over the Supreme Court's ruling this morning......

Liars are the enemies of freedom. Please stop hating America, oralloy.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 04:00 pm
What a faint victory for the gun lovers! The only thing it did was to negate any law prohibiting a person to keep a gun in his home.

The decision does not affect laws that ban carrying a gun, ban automatic weapons, ban purchases of multiple numbers of guns, etc.

BIG DEAL!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 04:08 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Diest hasn't denied the SC ruling in any way. He has only challenged the misinformed notion that society will be any safer thanks to this ruling.

No, he did a bit more than that. For instance, he spewed some bigotry similar to what might be expected of a low-level KKK thug.

And then he pretended, after this ruling, that *I* might be the desperate one.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 04:10 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Liars are the enemies of freedom.

You sure are. But Scalia just helped put you in your place.

Gargamel wrote:
hating America, oralloy.

Liar.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 04:11 pm
oralloy wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

No, he did a bit more than that. For instance, he spewed some bigotry similar to what might be expected of a low-level KKK thug.

And then he pretended, after this ruling, that *I* might be the desperate one.

What's the bigotry that he wrote?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 04:13 pm
Advocate wrote:
What a faint victory for the gun lovers! The only thing it did was to negate any law prohibiting a person to keep a gun in his home.

The decision does not affect laws that ban carrying a gun, ban automatic weapons, ban purchases of multiple numbers of guns, etc.

BIG DEAL!

The ruling opened the door for future challenges on all those issues.

The first step though will be to sue Chicago to secure Fourteenth Amendment incorporation.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2008 04:16 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What's the bigotry that he wrote?

He said "Gunnuts must be horrible at chess; they can't seem to think more than one step ahead."
0 Replies