Getting a form filled out by a doctor!

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:16 pm
After having handicapped tags on my car for almost 20 years I have to be recertified by my doctor. Almost two weeks ago I took the form to his office and left it.

I called his office to find out why I am waiting so long and was told by the receptionist that he has a lot of forms to fill out for people. Then I reminded the receptionist that I need the form filled out before the end of the month or I have to turn my tags in for regular tags.

My tags always expire at the end of June. My cardiologist is not in every day because he is doing an operation at the hospital. Is this normal to wait like this just to get a form filled out by your doctor?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,850 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Chai

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:23 pm
Who is his nurse?

I'd call back and speak to her. Be nice and even volunteer to fax/bring the form to them again. It may be buried under a million things on his desk.

She can put that piece of paper in front of him and say "sign this and Ill leave you alone"
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:33 pm
you could even make an appointment with him and bring it to him yourself..
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:36 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
you could even make an appointment with him and bring it to him yourself..

I have an appointment on July 23 but thats to late!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:39 pm
is it possible to get an earlier one?

When I really need something from my doctor like this I just make a regular office visit then hand him the papers and begin discussing it with him directly.

I can appreciate how busy the nurses and office people are. Doing that cuts out several steps and weeks worth of waiting.

Or, if you have time.. just go to the office with the papers you need signed and be prepared to wait about an hour.. but you should get results that way faster then this..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:42 pm
yeah, go idea.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:42 pm
I'm pretty sure you could just wander in, unannounced, and present the form to front desk, so they could complete it and pass it to the doctor for signature. When you do, just keep standing there.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:45 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
is it possible to get an earlier one?

When I really need something from my doctor like this I just make a regular office visit then hand him the papers and begin discussing it with him directly.

I can appreciate how busy the nurses and office people are. Doing that cuts out several steps and weeks worth of waiting.

Or, if you have time.. just go to the office with the papers you need signed and be prepared to wait about an hour.. but you should get results that way faster then this..

I'm going to go to his office on Wednesday afternoon if I don't hear anything by then!
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:46 pm
roger wrote:
I'm pretty sure you could just wander in, unannounced, and present the form to front desk, so they could complete it and pass it to the doctor for signature. When you do, just keep standing there.

Thats what I did two weeks ago but had to leave the form, he was not there!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:55 pm
Go back, and like I say, just keep standing there. This puts them in an embarassing position, to say nothing of looking bad to the boss.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 05:51 am
This is all that my doctor has to fill out there is no reason for taking so long!

http://i30.tinypic.com/288a5b6.jpg
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 06:41 am
Vic, whatever else happens, you still have this thread.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 06:49 am
It should not take that long.

You are a patient just like all the others.

It should take a week or less, IMO.

Go back and give them another one and also give a fax number where they can fax it back to you.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 12:47 pm
I called my doctors office around one PM and they said the form was signed. I went out there and it was signed alright but parts like his license number and a few other spots were not filled in yet but they were highlighted. My doctors secretary said he will be in tomorrow and she will get him to finish the form. I'm pi$$ed!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 01:43 pm
Victor, Victor, Victor.

Don't you know that someone in the office fills it all out, and the doc just signs it?
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 01:46 pm
Chai wrote:
Victor, Victor, Victor.

Don't you know that someone in the office fills it all out, and the doc just signs it?

I guess that the secretary doesn't know that! Anyway, I'll get it sometime tomorrow!

Now back to my Clint Eastwood movie, Any Which Way But Loose.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 01:02 pm
I got the form back this afternoon. I'll go to the MVA tomorrow!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 01:11 pm
Congratulations! It appears that you're just about "home free".
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 01:12 pm
How did the movie turn out?
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 02:08 pm
Chai wrote:
How did the movie turn out?

The movie turned out OK. I've seen Any Which Way But Loose a few times!
0 Replies