A commercial that really irks me

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:43 am
I believe I shall NEVER have a hemi - though thanks for the try, Gus.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 03:22 pm
also read http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new-mopar-hemi.html

I love the quote it is so true

Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax. - David Charles Gedraitis

I'm using that as my sig.

also read http://www.allpar.com/mopar/hemi/newhemi.html

now you should have a full understanding of the hemi

cav I agree the commercial Montana mentioned was good to add I'm just saying it can be seen as bad in 2 different ways.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 04:48 pm
dlowan wrote:
Buggered if I know.

It's like this - the little kid rushes up to his mother who is doing the dishes - "Mummy! Mummy! What's an orgasm?!"

She replies: "I don't know - ask your father."

I have never had a hemi.

I don't even know where to begin.... Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 09:00 pm
safecracker wrote:
Really, I feel that commercial would convey the attitude that men are not good parents, it's stereotypical. I'd rather strangle the commercial writers as the actor is just doing his job...acting Smile

Of course it's not the actors fault, but you couldn't pay me enough to play that part ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 09:02 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Personally, I like the one with the two burned out dudes in the muscle car. They pull next to a gentleman in a Dodge Ram at the stoplight and one of the dudes yells, "Hey! Does that thing have a hemi in it?"
At that point the light turns green and the guy in the truck easily beats the burn-outs to the next light. When they sheepishly pull next to him, he leans out the window and points to the Dodge Charger which is on a trailer he's towing. "Were you talking about the charger?" he asks, "cause that's got a hemi in it too."

It's a hell of a commercial. Doesn't have anything to do with parenting or anything, but I just thought I'd toss that in since we were talking about commercials. Next time: my favorite aspirin commercials.

Thanks for listening,

Gus

LOL Gus! My son loves that commercial :-D
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 09:09 pm
Most of the funny commercials come out from other than the US. Japan has some doozies too!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 09:09 pm
Also, I hate all the medicine commercials that push drugs. If there was a disorder for everything they say there is, then we're all screwed!

Those ultramatic bed commercials are really bad too and there's no end to them. Talk about bad acting.

Wife: Honey, are you glad we got the ultramatic bed?
Husband: Did you say something?
Wife: are you glad we got the ultramatic bed?
Husband: I am, are you?
Etc...........

Oh, gag me with a spoon, LOL!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 09:32 pm
I like those medicine commercials; they always qualify their drugs by saying, "you can suffer from side-affects such as diarhea, constipation, headaches, and pregnancy."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 10:28 pm
LOL! I hear that CI. I laugh when they tell you how great you'll feel and how much the drug will change your whole life, then tell you about the side-effects, haha! Oh yeah!!!! I'm sure that diarhea, constipation, headaches, liver damage, kidney damage are all things we can just ignore ;-)
0 Replies