ANYONE BUT WEBB

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 05:05 pm
snood wrote:
real life wrote:
I would not be surprised to see Obama follow Bush's example and choose the recruiter he hired to screen the VP candidates.

Caroline Kennedy would have an electrifying effect on the ticket as VP, don't you think?

What I think about that is that Caroline is a very private person who hesitated to come out for Obama, but did so because she felt moved to for very personal reasons, and that she has no interest in serving as an elected anything, and would not run for such an office if asked.

Utter cynicism concerning those with whom you disagree.

Utter idealism concerning those with whom you agree.

Thy name is Liberal.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:56 pm
Finn
Its politics. My guy is a hero yours is a bum. Politics, a most disreputiable vocation.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 08:04 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:
real life wrote:
I would not be surprised to see Obama follow Bush's example and choose the recruiter he hired to screen the VP candidates.

Caroline Kennedy would have an electrifying effect on the ticket as VP, don't you think?

What I think about that is that Caroline is a very private person who hesitated to come out for Obama, but did so because she felt moved to for very personal reasons, and that she has no interest in serving as an elected anything, and would not run for such an office if asked.

Utter cynicism concerning those with whom you disagree.

Utter idealism concerning those with whom you agree.

Thy name is Liberal.

Sez you. I have a lot of ambivalence about certain republicans like Chuck Hegel, and I don't agree with everything those in the donkey party do - like I strongly dislike Obama's stance on FISA. But its easier for you to make your snotty judgements if you pretend I am "utterly" one thing.

If mine name is liberal, yours is pretentious blowhard.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 08:09 pm
rabel22 wrote:
Finn
Its politics. My guy is a hero yours is a bum. Politics, a most disreputiable vocation.

Yes indeed, but my guy is a hero and yours, while perhaps not a "bum," is a fraud.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 10:08 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
rabel22 wrote:
Finn

Yes indeed, but my guy is a hero and yours, while perhaps not a "bum," is a fraud.

Really? Obama's a fraud? How so, pray tell.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 10:33 pm
snood wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
rabel22 wrote:
Finn

He professes to be a New Politician.

BTW - If you are going to throw around allegations of pretentiousness, you might want to take a look at the image you've chosen for your avatar.

But then, affected may not be strictly synonomous with pretentious.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 03:15 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
rabel22 wrote:
Finn

BTW - If you are going to throw around allegations of pretentiousness, you might want to take a look at the image you've chosen for your avatar.

But then, affected may not be strictly synonomous with pretentious.

Well, you're consistent with your non sequiturs anyway, Your avatar is Beckett, mine is myself smiling at my at the time fiance, and I'm pretentious? WTF? Your hint about "affect" is grasping.

Look as*hole - you don't like me - fine. I don't like you. (Or at least I don't like who you depict in this forum)

You stop with the demeaning comments and at least make a marginal effort to address what I say instead of who I am, and I will return the courtesy.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 10:10 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
rabel22 wrote:
Finn

This, this is the best you can do, Finn. But wouldn't honesty demand you look at the myriad ways that 'a fraud' could be applied to John McCain?

How do you figure "your guy" to be a hero?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 10:23 am
Since I'm a libertarian, the best constellation in Washington I can hope for is gridlock.

If Obama picked Webb as his running mate, the two might well be a successful ticket for 2008, given the pervasive "enough with Bush" sentiment. But they might also make a Republican backlash in 2010 more likely. The final outcome, one could hope, would be a replay of the Clinton administration.

I'd like that.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 03:46 pm
Thomas wrote:
Since I'm a libertarian, the best constellation in Washington I can hope for is gridlock. .

On that basis, I agree with you.

However, I still think Jim Webb is a self-righteous jerk.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:50 pm
Does anyone but Webb still include Edwards? Just wondering?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:50 am
Yes!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:42 am
Kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel there.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:17 am
Still better than anything the repubs can come up with.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 06:08 pm
okie wrote:
Kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel there.

Funny you should mention that after the last eight years.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 08:37 am
Bush has done some things I agree with, some I haven't, but most importantly, I can respect Bush. Bush as a human being is in a totally different league, far above the Clintons or Edwards. And I know this is very tough for you because of your hatreds, but Bush is respected even by the vast majority of people that don't agree with him, and they may not even admit it. To this day, it pains the Reagan haters that Reagan is now revered as one of the greatest presidents of our time. Get over it, JTT, you can't argue with the principles of decency, and not even the press attacking Bush every day can change it.
0 Replies