What are the Obamas hiding now?

sozobe

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 07:33 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
This entire brouhaha could be settled very easily. All Obama has to do is release the information on his birth certificate, and that would be that, if he has nothing to hide.

We don't know that he hasn't. Nor whether it's as expected from presidential candidates as the "brouhaha" implies.

[parody]We also haven't seen his social security card. Is he actually a citizen? Maybe he has an African identification number. Do we really KNOW he wasn't born in Africa? Sure, his family says he was born here, but they could all be lying of course.

This could be settled very easily, if he just would release his social security card. Even just the social security number. Is that so hard? What is he hiding???[/parody]
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 07:37 am
CoastalRat wrote:
Get a grip Parados. Of course the law is still valid. And yes, if Obama's parents met the law qualifications, then it applies to Obama. I don't think McG is arguing that Obama is not a citizen. He is simply...oh forget it. You're a smart person and can figure it out for yourself. You don't need a clown to point it out to you.

I have a grip. The author of the piece doesn't have a grip when he claims Obama might not be eligible to be President if born overseas. I only pointed out that it is a silly argument to make about Obama being ineligible (in spite of the current law) because he MAY have been born overseas when at the same time we know McCain WAS born overseas.

It was an argument out of ignorance by the author. If "ignorance" made it a valid argument about Obama then "ignorance" makes it a valid argument about McCain. RWers can't seem to see that point, I guess. I only pointed out that questioning one person about their overseas birth means you bring up the birth of the other person which the same standard should be applied to.

Do I think Obama was born overseas? no
Does the claim he was with the complete disregard for the law about overseas births and the disregard for McCains overseas birth show a desperate attempt to sway by emotional appeal? Yes.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 09:21 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
This entire brouhaha could be settled very easily. All Obama has to do is release the information on his birth certificate, and that would be that, if he has nothing to hide.

If the Conservatives want to play these silly little games... why should he do anything to stop them? You don't think there are a million other "brouhahas" behind this one.

No, Obama is doing the right thing. Let the Conservatives run with this (since it keeps them busy anyway).

He can always release his birth certificate later if it suits him... but stopping these little conservative temper tantrums prematurely doesn't help anyone.

We have more important things to worry about... like stopping a war and protecting a woman's right to choose.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 09:35 am
Surely he's not stupid enough to run for President if he's ineligible and surely he knows whether he is eligible or not.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 09:57 am
I thought birth records were public records subject to a FOIA request. Why doesn't someone just request it? Isn't that what happened to Stevenson at Wimbledon when the press found out she was Dr. J's daughter?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 10:12 am
I had the same thought, engineer -- I tracked down the Hawaii vital records page (don't have it on my screen now, can re-track on request) and it said that only certain people have the right to do so. There was something about common ancestors -- I remember thinking that Dick Cheney could do it. :-)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 10:13 am
I'm almost positive that the State of Hawaii won't release the info...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 10:25 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

You have it backwards. It's the obligation of the people making the accusation to come up with some evidence -- any evidence -- that would suggest Obama is not a natural-born citizen.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 10:36 am
I do not think the problem is if he is a natural born citizen.

His Mom is a US Citizen and he was born in 1961 in the State of Hawaii.

The issue to me is there is something listed on his birth certificate that he thinks is damaging.

So what is on someone birth certificate besides the obvious.

Religion? Not sure that is on.

Parents Names and maritial status? No big deal.

Race - What if it says WHITE.

Many times agencies take the information from the Mom.

Could that be the problem?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 07:38 am
The Obama birth certificate flap explained.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 09:41 am
What exactly does this site prove about the rumors. I see nothing but someone making sport of Hillery and the people wondering about the truth of the rumors. Its just another spin site which Obamites seem to be so fond of. And no birth certificate. I wonder if he was born or if he was created.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 09:55 am
http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/BO_Birth_Certificate_thumb.jpg

The desperation coming from some of you guys, it's just great. I really mean that. Anything you can do to try and DQ the guy....

It's what fear looks like, actually.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 10:38 am
Cool.

Here's where that photo comes from btw:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/6/12/11012/6168/320/534616

In the comments, someone asks him how he got it and he says:

Quote:
I asked the campaign.

This "journamalism" thing actually works sometimes.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 10:45 am
rabel22 wrote:
Its just another spin site which Obamites seem to be so fond of.

Reason Magazine is an Obama spin site? You need to get out more often.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 01:12 pm
McCain also released his birth certificate today, which was nice of him.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/2573804920_8b4fa8e136_o.jpg

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 01:26 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

That's a copy. The original was lost in the fire at the Great Library of Alexandria.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 01:50 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Oh please, that copy is nothing more then a recent translation of this original.

http://www.crystalinks.com/tabletcomet.jpg
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 02:03 pm
Shocked

That has his mothers maiden name on it!!

I hope he doesn't get his identity stolen!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 06:37 am
The birth certificate thing made it to Obama's "Fight the smears" website:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/birthcert

Timeline (I'm curious):

Monday, June 9th: Jim Geraghty publishes a piece that sets this off

Tuesday, June 10th: An Associated Content piece quotes it, and speculates further.

Wednesday, June 11th: Woiyo starts this thread, linking to the Associated Content thread.

Thursday, June 12th: Obama campaign provides Obama birth certificate to the Daily Kos.

Friday, June 13th: Obama campaign puts the birth certificate thing (including image of the birth certificate) on their (new) "Fight the smears" website. (It wasn't there about midday yesterday, I checked.)

Not bad.

Now that the site is up I bet there will be even quicker turnaround.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 10:48 am
sozobe wrote:
The birth certificate thing made it to Obama's "Fight the smears" website:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/birthcert

Timeline (I'm curious):

Monday, June 9th: Jim Geraghty publishes a piece that sets this off

Tuesday, June 10th: An Associated Content piece quotes it, and speculates further.

Wednesday, June 11th: Woiyo starts this thread, linking to the Associated Content thread.

Thursday, June 12th: Obama campaign provides Obama birth certificate to the Daily Kos.

Friday, June 13th: Obama campaign puts the birth certificate thing (including image of the birth certificate) on their (new) "Fight the smears" website. (It wasn't there about midday yesterday, I checked.)

Not bad.

Now that the site is up I bet there will be even quicker turnaround.

So what is your point? That we should ignore everything the media reports?
0 Replies