Hillary's Concession Speech

Mame

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 02:09 pm
(he is, gus!)
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 02:33 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
well, just to lighten things up.... here's a hug we can all enjoy....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/mccainlovesbush.gif

If McCain were to hand these out instead of government stimulus checks, he might just get the vote.

On a serious note, I watched the speech and I have a few reactions. The first reaction is that the speech was largely about her. The second was it seemed to be taylored towards her still very loyal following.

I took some time to think about it, and I thought about how she addressed the crowd about not wasting time looking back and getting stuck in "what if's." I particularly was impressed about how she worded this. It called upon her supporters to be big picture.

In the last week I have done a great deal of thinking about one "what if." What if Obama chose Clinton? If you had asked me a month ago or any point before that I would have said it was a poor idea. I've recently been rethinking this.

In terms of Obama's claims of diplomacy, wouldn't it be a great way to illustrate them by talking out the issues and finding a strong ally? Just a thought.

T
K
O
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 02:41 pm
Mame wrote:
(he is, gus!)

If, for just this moment, I could be snood, I would die with a smile on my face.

Get her, Snood! Do it for me!!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 08:02 am
Embarrassed

heh... er, ... shucks...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2008 01:28 pm
Cant bring myself to watch it, really. Let's just say I'm glad it's over, and that she did the right thing after all. But no way should she be the Veep candidate.
0 Replies

paull

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 11:27 pm

I think this idea has merit. Hillary is a egotistical bag.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 01:09 am
After all the money she spent she certainly wants something. I dare say Obama would not deny her if she wants the VP slot, but then maybe she has her eye on a cabinet post.

VP slot is not really all that great, all things considered, whereas a cabinet post would be a better stepping stone toward the presidency in a future election.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:08 am
Sglass wrote:
I dare say Obama would not deny her if she wants the VP slot.

I disagree -- VP must be announced before the election, cabinet posts afterwards. He'll spin it somehow, but I think she brings much too much baggage to the ticket to not deny her wants. And at this point, what she wants has to be secondary to running a campaign against McCain.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 08:28 pm
Point well taken JPB. MA put it very succiently "We don't need three presidents in the White House. Cool Cool Cool
0 Replies