Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 844 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 09:04 pm
Jesus please us.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 09:14 pm
Bush is like the meddling neighbor who thinks he is helping you but ends up burning your house down.

I just want him to go away.

Is that too much to ask?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 09:22 pm
I just threw up a little bit in my mouth... Might be Bush or it might be the cans of cat food I've been reduced to eating during his presidency.

Thank god I'm one of the elite.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 09:26 pm
He will go away - soon, very soon, and none of the Bushes will
ever return to be nominated for anything other than head of their
own household. I promise!

Happy now?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 10:23 am
Keep talking, CJ. You're calming me down.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 10:32 am
Ah ****, I knew I shouldn't have looked.....
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 10:51 am
With a few minor chamges he could recycle Carter's April 17,78 energy policies.

Rap
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 10:52 am
During the great depression the theme was a chicken in every pot. This time our president wont leave us with a pot to p^ss in.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 11:02 am
The economy will pick up again, eventually. Then, in a few years, it will go back into a slump. Then it will pick up again.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Because that's what it does.

I've come to the conclusion that, when it comes to the economy, it doesn't matter much who's in the White House.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 11:08 am
Stray Cat wrote:
The economy will pick up again, eventually. Then, in a few years, it will go back into a slump. Then it will pick up again.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Because that's what it does.

I've come to the conclusion that, when it comes to the economy, it doesn't matter much who's in the White House.

You really think so. Who would you rather have in the White House in hard times . A Herbert Hoover or an FDR?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 11:13 am
It's funny, au1929, I was just thinking about that, then I came back here and saw your post.

Yeah, I think FDR had an impact during the depression -- when he enacted things like Social Security and Welfare.

But things have changed since then. This isn't 1932.

The president tends to get all the credit when the economy is good, and all the blame when the economy is bad. I don't think they deserve either.

There are too many other factors involved these days.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 12:06 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
I
But things have changed since then. This isn't 1932.

Things haven't changed that much. Corporations are bigger and we have a greater international economy, but 1932 is right around the corner. What do you think will happen if oil goes to $200 a barrel, which is what is projected at the moment?

Do think huge national debt is good for the economy or bad? Is spending trillions to rebuild Iraq good for the American economy? What about deregulation? Should the Bush administration have tried to discouraged the free for all mortgage lending? What about the Enron/CA energy mess that the Bushies gave their blessing to? Should Clinton have tried to regulate the dot com industries? I think presidents do make decisions that create market forces - both good and bad.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 12:16 pm
"White House counselor Ed Gillespie said there is (in his words) a 'short window' for Bush to come up with fresh economic policy."

Um. I can see Bush now, staying up late at his desk, fervently doing long division by lamplight, forgetting to carry the one and tearing holes in sheets of theme paper as he applies his big pink eraser, tongue poking out the corner of his mouth.

"George, Honey," calls his beloved wife from the other room. "Baseball Tonight is about to start. And I made you some popcorn!"

"Not now, darlin'," replies the Cockwipe in Chief. "I'm fixin' to solve the economy!"
0 Replies