girlfriend and college

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 07:33 pm
i've had a girlfriend for over a year and being a sneior in high school, college is approaching quickly and i need advice on what i should do. im in love with this girl and want to go to the same college as her but i dont if she does too. what is the best thing i should do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 867 • Replies: 4
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 07:56 pm
Hi sublimenirvana, welcome to A2K!

You only really need to make decisions about colleges after you've gotten acceptance letters, right? You can go ahead and apply to however many you want. When do you get your accepance letters? (Sorry, I've forgotten the timeline on this stuff... almost 15 years removed from it, myself.)

If you don't have to make this decision anytime soon, just don't. See how things go.

If you DO have to make this decision soon, well, definitely talk to your gf about it. I'm assuming there is a word missing in this sentence:

siblimenirvana wrote:
im in love with this girl and want to go to the same college as her but i dont if she does too.

Is the word "know", as in "I don't know if she wants to go to the same college"? If that's the case, definitely, definitely ask before making any decisions.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 07:42 am
And, it doesn't have to be the exact same school, does it? How about applying to a bunch of schools in the same city (say, NYU, Columbia, Fordham, and City College of New York). That way, even if you don't get into the exact same school, you'll be near one another.
0 Replies

Equalmar

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:30 am
College
I know from experience. Apply where you want. The last thing you want at such a young age is feeling like you giped yourself later in life because you went to school you really didn't want to go to. The post prior to this one had a great idea...see if you like colleges in the same vicinity. TRUST ME when you go to college, it's not like high school. Your life will be bombarded by lots of new people and situations, don't shut them out just because you have a girlfriend already. If it's love and you talk honestly with each other it will work out. You need to think about it AND talk to her about it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 12:07 pm
You'll meet more women that want to have sex with you in the first month of college than you did in all four years of high school.
0 Replies