Why Obama Want To Be President

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2008 10:01 am
joe... you are the picture of practicality... props
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2008 10:10 am
I didn't see your other post, either, so apologies. But I do agree that some people would like to do more than just go down in history. Either one of them will, no matter what.

I feel she is more likely to fit that bill than Obama but I can't read his mind so it's just a feeling, of course. She seems desperate these days and must be wondering how she got herself into this pickle. She'll have plenty of time to read all the opinions on this later.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2008 10:20 am
apology not necessary mame... but graciously accepted none the less... and here's a.................

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2008 10:37 am
{{{{{backatcha, bear}}}}}
0 Replies

Arendt

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 12:44 pm
All people who run for president are ambitious, overly ambitious even. It takes a certain hubris to think oneself capable of the job.

I was once a Hillary sympathizer, but ultimately I am a democratic realist, and Clinton's ungraciousness in defeat has illustrated for me the all consuming nature of her political ambitions. You will not be able to convince me that Obama, if in Clintons shoes, would adopt the same attitudes as she has toward the inevitability of electoral loss.

This to me indicates a troubling aspect of Clintons character which I had previously ignored as inconsequential. Fighting for what you believe in is noble, fighting beyond the point of realizable victory, at the expense of your ally and your larger principles, is foolish and self indulgent.

She has lost the race, she may "need time" to recognize that, but that is not something the party can afford. She needs to bite the bullet and concede as soon as possible.
0 Replies