Obama's father was in the Russian Army?!

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 06:56 am
Re: Obama's father was in the Russian Army?!
Walter Hinteler wrote:
But McG might know it better, he's an American and I'm only a stupid German from fairyland Europe.

It's true.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 07:03 am
woiyo wrote:
Seems like a desperation move on Obamas part. Is this the same Grandma who gets scared when "black" people walk around?

You mean the Grandmother Obama threw under the bad, old, bus?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 07:27 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
so you're great singers and dancers because you have black blood eh? How 'bout the three pointer? Can you hit the three pointer? You reveal yourself.

Bird could hit the three pointer.

token white.... Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 07:33 am
Don't forget Mchale and Ainge, combined with Parish and Johnson... back when the NBA was something better then it is now.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 07:39 am
Sglass wrote:
Hey Roxxx, did you ever play basketball?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/womensbball.jpg
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:26 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Sglass wrote:
Hey Roxxx, did you ever play basketball?

Back row, third from the left.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5738/7520boys20basketball20tjo6.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 09:59 am
truth be told... I think cheerleader was more her style

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/roxxcheerleader.jpg
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 01:56 pm
http://p1.hotornot.com/pics/HE/HY/HY/HL/SMSYGYRAFMTF.jpg

9.4 on Hot or Not

My butch girlfriend who pleasures me every night (for hours) is getting a big kick from the accusations made by these closet queers. Get help.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 07:01 pm
Using the Holocaust to Smear ObamaMenachem Rosensaft, 05.28.2008

I never thought I'd see the day when the Holocaust would be used as a tool for "gotcha" politics. But over the last two days, we have seen McCain's supporters launch tasteless attacks on Obama.
link
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:38 am
I'm actually fine with this whole thing. Auschwitz vs. Buchenwald is a shrug, meaning-wise (there were surely atrocities to be seen that would have fit the context -- Obama's traumatized great-uncle -- either way*) and it ends up highlighting the less exotic side of the family. We know a lot about the Kenyan father and the United Nations family gatherings, but less about the World War II vets...

I saw somewhere that gaffes are usually more newsworthy than just facts, so maybe this is a way to push that angle effectively. (Not suggesting that Obama made the gaffe purposely to get attention for that angle, but that there is a silver lining...)

*Just read the HuffPost article -- yikes. Atrocities at Buchenwald, indeed.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 09:54 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:

... I'm only a stupid German from fairyland Europe.

I never heard the word "stupid" used as a stereotype for people of German descent? I thought that they are referred to as hard working and achievement oriented?

The Germans of the WWII generation might be stereotyped as "too obedient" and "meticulous record keepers," by those who try to stay away from the hard-core anti-German feelings of both world wars? Also, a penchant for "great organization." But, never "stupid." By inference, please don't make light of the efforts, after WWII, to get as many German scientists as possible.

I also didn't know that there are "fairies" in Germany? Castles with ghosts, but not fairies!
0 Replies

Kayyam

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 04:56 am
McG, what was it about Obama's father now?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 05:06 am
Foofie wrote:

I also didn't know that there are "fairies" in Germany? Castles with ghosts, but not fairies!

Water fairies are often called Rhine Maidens, but there aren't ghost in the castles along the Rhine valley (actually, only very few of our castles have ghost at all).

And from Hanau in Hesse to Bremen you can 'watch' fairies along the German Fairy Tale Road, from "Little Red Riding Hood" over the "Pied Piper" to the "Bremen Town Musicians".
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:15 am
Sleeping Beauty´s Castle is on the route too.
The witches fly to Blocksberg, the night before 1st of May. In Sweden they start their flight Maundy Thursday. Takes a few weeks to reach the goal on a broom.

Ghosts live mostly in GB in castles and other haunted places
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:23 am
edgarblythe wrote:
This is why I don't follow political campaigns on a day to day basis. People pounce on anything, no matter how insignificant, to beat the candidates down over it. Ooh. He called a can of baked beans pork n beans. Not fit to serve.

sense and sensibility in one sentance
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 09:50 am
Foofie wrote:

The Germans of the WWII generation might be stereotyped as ... "meticulous record keepers,"

The German soldiers in the Concentration Camps actually recorded the number of lice on the head of each and every prisoner. Talk about "anal"...
0 Replies