BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 08:38 am
Bear
Women recognize it when they see it.

BBB
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 09:30 am
Compare the Obama campaign's way of dealing with race, with the Clinton supporters way of dealing with gender.

Then ask yourself why one of these campaign was successful. Clinton is trying to portray herself as leader, and fighter and victim at the same time? No wonder she had so much trouble with educated voters.

This BS from Clinton supporters is getting tiresome.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 09:33 am
I'm surprised to hear that ebrown.... I thought surely you superior Obamaites were above the fray and too evolved to be annoyed by the lesser species
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 09:42 am
Agreed. The 'victim mentality' that half the Dem party seems to adopt is revolting.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 09:43 am
There is no doubt in my mind that Clinton has been exposed to sexist comments in the press, though I don't recall any from the campaigns of other Democrats. But I think the backlash against those comments has helped her campaign more than the comments themselves hurt. Of course there is no way to quantify that, but you can see that there are a number of outraged Clinton voters out there who have risen to defend her because of the types of comments leveled against her. The same is true of the black vote. The perceived racial comments against Obama galvanized the black community in his favor.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 09:49 am
There were two people in this race. One of them won and the other lost. That is the way it had to be.

Obama is a gracious winner. Hillary is a sore loser. (For the record I don't speak for Obama as he is much classier than I am).

What bugs me is this pathetic attempt to pin this on "downtrodden" white women-- when white women continue to be the most privileged group next to their white husbands.

White women have the greatest rate of access to higher education. The second best salary and control of weath and the lowest rate of incarceration of any demographic group in the US.

Although Obama is far to classy to do this... one could very easily make a similar video about things in this campaign about slights to African Americans. The difference would be that the things said by the Clintons and their supporters (not just the media) would be prominently featured.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 09:50 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Agreed. The 'victim mentality' that half the Dem party seems to adopt is revolting.

Cycloptichorn

I'm surprised to hear that you're capable of being revolted.... being in the evolved club and all....
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 09:55 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I'm surprised to hear that you're capable of being revolted.... being in the evolved club and all....

This shtick is kind of tired, you ought to come up with something new.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 09:58 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

This shtick is kind of tired, you ought to come up with something new.

He's being victimized by all those "intelligent", "evolved", Obama supporting folks. He's the true victim here.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 10:13 am
I'm not a victim at all.... I posted this to see the usual suspects with the usual responses for my amusement... I've not been disapointed.... and if my "schtick" is commenting on yours.... then who's to say who is required to change?

and believe me my choice of these descriptive adjectives of which you refer is beyond insincere :wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 10:20 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'm not a victim at all.... I posted this to see the usual suspects with the usual responses for my amusement... I've not been disapointed.... and if my "schtick" is commenting on yours.... then who's to say who is required to change?

and believe me my choice of these descriptive adjectives of which you refer is beyond insincere :wink:

You're required to change. If you wish to stay funny/relevant/cutting.

Like your candidate of choice, the same old whine is tiresome and weak - but makes an easy target Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 10:34 am
and the same could be said for you with equal validity. You strike at the same bait every time.... it's like fishing in a barrel...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 10:38 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
and the same could be said for you with equal validity. You strike at the same bait every time.... it's like fishing in a barrel...

'cept you don't seem to realize that you are the fish. Not an enviable position.

Honestly, why can't you just get over it and get on board? You're not a Republican, so why act against the interests of the Dem party?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 10:47 am
Honestly why can't you mind your f*cking business? We all know your opinion and mine....
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 10:53 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Honestly why can't you mind your f*cking business? We all know your opinion and mine....

I have no desire to 'mind my f*cking business.' Instead, let's mind your f*cking business. Why are you acting like a Republican/petulant child?

It's illustrative to me of the problem with a lot of Hillary supporters at this time. Once it became clear that she wasn't going to win - somewhere around February - you decided that it's better to take your ball and go home then it is to work towards a Dem win.

But the worst part is that you aren't actually going home; you're sticking around to piss off as many people as you can by making snarky comments and putting down Democrats' chances this Fall. It's indicative of something corrosive inside you, but I can't figure out the motivation.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 10:59 am
Hillary is an opportunist! She will use everything in her power to win
this "war" and war it has become to her. She has no shame in playing
the poor victimized woman who bears the brunt of sexiest remarks by the
media.

Guess what? Almost all women have been on the receiving end of sexiest remarks, except that most of us won't be victimized by it, we learn to
cope and ignore.

Her latest campaign gimmick to play the poor victimized women is just
as pathetic as her husband running around telling the people that
the Democrats won't have a chance of winning if Obama is the candidate.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 11:03 am
because I'm having fun sticking the pin in self righteous bags of hot air like you... I've said so plainly a million times.... and yet you don't seem to get it because you keep pondering and reflecting aloud about my motives... here's the deal little guy... I've been here longer than you have and I have ALWAYS made it a point to f*ck with people who walk around in their smugman superhero costumes doing the superior dance.... male , female, democrat, republican.... just here lately that happens to be you and a few others... it's a moving target.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 11:09 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Hillary is an opportunist! She will use everything in her power to win
this "war" and war it has become to her. She has no shame in playing
the poor victimized woman who bears the brunt of sexiest remarks by the
media.

Guess what? Almost all women have been on the receiving end of sexiest remarks, except that most of us won't be victimized by it, we learn to
cope and ignore.

Her latest campaign gimmick to play the poor victimized women is just
as pathetic as her husband running around telling the people that
the Democrats won't have a chance of winning if Obama is the candidate.

they're all opportunists... including Obama... what's the news?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 11:18 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

It's indicative of something corrosive inside you, but I can't figure out the motivation.

Cycloptichorn

Perhaps it is the fact that he won't allow himself to act on his left of center sexual proclivities. Smile

Bi-Bear wrote:
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:56 pm Post: 1238310 - Hello
I am brand new. I would like to make some friends. I am very shy though and I have what my mom used to call left of center sexual preferences. Not gay or pedophile stuff though.

Is this a place I can feel comfortable?

Not gay? LOL
0 Replies