bottom line again

fansy

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:10 pm
Quote:
Communication is no longer considered to be the 'soft stuff' but is seen to deliver tangible results. Improvement in customer satisfaction, service delivery and product quality, increased employee satisfaction and retention of key talent are just some of the areas in which effective communication will impact the bottom line.

Can I take "the bottom line" to mean "the minimum requirements set on communication"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 481 • Replies: 2
No top replies

JTT

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:32 pm
Re: bottom line again
fansy wrote:
Quote:
Communication is no longer considered to be the 'soft stuff' but is seen to deliver tangible results. Improvement in customer satisfaction, service delivery and product quality, increased employee satisfaction and retention of key talent are just some of the areas in which effective communication will impact the bottom line.

Can I take "the bottom line" to mean "the minimum requirements set on communication"?

Here it means the profit made by a company and it refers to the final line in a balance statement.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 04:06 pm
"impact the bottom line" can also mean whether the company is successful or not. Yes, it means financially, but it can extend into other areas of the business.

Customer service will impact the bottom line for a coffee shop business.
0 Replies