0
   

McCain's Electability

 
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 08:42 am
georgeob1 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Give it up. Go hire all your lawyers to prosecute the thousands of Al Qaida in U.S. courts and clog them till the chickens come home to roost.

I think you guys have lost your marbles. You have lost all ability to reason by your hatred of any Republican.
...

I don't hate any Republican.

Our 'lawyers' will be rounding up various members of the Bush cabal for some time to come; there will be an accounting of responsibility for decisions in the next few years, once the DoJ is out of Bush's hands.

Cycloptichorn


Sometimes it is interesting to study Cyclo's posts carefully. The circular logic; the unbridled self-righteousness; the blind hypocrisy; and the delusions of grandeur & power so evident in them - all are truly remarkable. In person he is a pleasant and agreeable guy, but when confronted with opposition on these threads he becomes something very different - a vengeful and potentially dangerous hater.


A 'dangerous hater?' Exaggerate much, George?

I do support the investigation and prosecution of those who broke the law, yes. That makes me 'dangerous?' I think not. Does it put me in political opposition to those who supported those who broke the law? Yes, it does. That bothers me not at all.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 08:48 am
McCain's chances get better every day because people are slowly realizing
how terrible an Obama presidency will be for the future of this republic.

If you are a successful person or are planning to ever be successful you defiantly don't want Obama
to be elected president. Obama's plan includes punishing the successful with super high taxes ... Evil or Very Mad

Following the Obama plan will only end up promoting individual failure as a good thing.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 08:49 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
McCain's chances get better every day because people are slowly realizing
how terrible an Obama presidency will be for the future of this republic.

If you are a successful person or are planning to ever be successful you defiantly don't want Obama
to be elected president. Obama's plan includes punishing the successful with super high taxes ... Evil or Very Mad

Following the Obama plan will only end up promoting individual failure as a good thing.


Interesting that Obama's poll numbers keep rising, if this is the case, while McCain's have been dropping. The available data does not support this contention of yours.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 09:15 am
You are easily swayed by inaccurate polling.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o18/kaspershyboy1/011.jpg
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 09:20 am
georgeob1 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Give it up. Go hire all your lawyers to prosecute the thousands of Al Qaida in U.S. courts and clog them till the chickens come home to roost.

I think you guys have lost your marbles. You have lost all ability to reason by your hatred of any Republican.
...

I don't hate any Republican.

Our 'lawyers' will be rounding up various members of the Bush cabal for some time to come; there will be an accounting of responsibility for decisions in the next few years, once the DoJ is out of Bush's hands.

Cycloptichorn


Sometimes it is interesting to study Cyclo's posts carefully. The circular logic; the unbridled self-righteousness; the blind hypocrisy; and the delusions of grandeur & power so evident in them - all are truly remarkable. In person he is a pleasant and agreeable guy, but when confronted with opposition on these threads he becomes something very different - a vengeful and potentially dangerous hater.

To clarify your post, which I think you know, the first two sentences was my post, the following being cyclops response.

Anyway, it is quite evident here that the left is driven by hate, the rest of us trying to use reason to bring things back into some semblance of common sense and balance, but there seems to be no hope of reasoning with idealogues filled with hatred for the left. I truly am beginning to think if they had the chance, they would behead George Bush. All we in the right ever wanted the sad Bill Clinton to do was to go back to Arkansas and get a real job.

The real leftists in this country make up only a very small percentage. Our job is to convince the mainstream not to fall for the empty suit of Obama, so that he and his friends will not be able to further the leftist agenda, as they get their marching orders every day from Moveon.org and all the other wild eyed whackos.
0 Replies
 
springhill
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 09:34 am
http://i25.tinypic.com/zujfqt.jpg
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 09:38 am
springhill wrote:
http://i25.tinypic.com/zujfqt.jpg


That should read NO FEAR
0 Replies
 
hanno
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 07:13 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
hanno wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

What a bunch of crap. I grew up in Eastern Houston, around more 'industry' and chemical refineries then one can count. My family works in these places. I have worked in these places. And I'm well aware how much emphasis they put on cleanliness and the environment - not an ounce more then is required by law.

Therefore - as I care about having a clean and non-polluted environment - I support those laws, and there being the ability to enforce those laws. I don't want my kids to have to wonder what they are smelling in the air each and every day, like we did. I'd like to be able to eat fish out of the lakes and rivers and the Gulf of Mexico.

All you conservatives are the same, really - anybody who criticizes anything, why they must just be jealous. It's as if you can't see any other motives for folks then greed or jealousy. I think it's rather revealing personally.

Cycloptichorn


Hey, don't piss up my back and tell me I'm sweating, you're the one that wants to learn everyone a lesson for doing something constructive.

I never said jealous either - to see something someone else has and want it - you're giving yourself too much credit. I said someone's having fun and you're missing out and don't like it. For instance, as I type, I'm drinking from a can with graphics made to look like the qualifications on a technical drawing. To the end user of that kindof thing, the supervisor/foreman/superintendent kindof guy it would be like, 'yeah, we want to make it easy for you to interpret what we're about, in terms of hops-per-barrel, sir'. I don't think you've got the capacity for abstract thought to want what any given foreman's got - like to be able to step into a pulpit and say 'ladies and gentlemen, welcome to prime-time' - just that for you to have any kindof dignity as a member of the support-staff you've got to pee-pee in their cheerios. Jealousey and greed I'm all about - as long as were about something to start with they drive us to excel, otherwise, what have we got to lose. It's more basal and less constructive than jealousy what you're feeling...


What you have written here only makes sense, in the loosest definition of the word 'sense.'

Cycloptichorn


OCCOM BILL wrote:
You either have an interpreter or you're a real patient man. I can't read that incoherent dribble.


Well, we do take different approaches - I try to be concise, innovative at times, and add in a little humor as opposed to just throwing my opinion around like people are short on things to give a damn about or I know best for everyone. Christ knows there are plenty of parrots. But then other people doing as they please in some manner that wouldn't work for me don't bother me, so maybe I'm less motivated.

In this case I thought I was addressing a fellow man of purpose as well. I mean, you say you worked in chemicals, you worked in chemicals, but am I losing you on that usage of the term 'pulpit' or the significance of having a brand of beer (several as it were) cater to specifically ones walk of life? Could it be the idea that you don't have to want what someone else's got, that in fact to do so would require somekindof perspective, to feel the need to vindicate yourself over it?
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 07:22 pm
Anyway, it is quite evident here that the left is driven by hate

I grabbed this out of one of the posts above. I have long detected hate and vengeance as the modus operandi of the right. I have noted over the past few years, they have begun to say that about the left. I regard it as swift boating.
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 10:00 pm
Go listen to a Jeremiah Wright sermon, Edgar, and you will hear all kinds of things about "love" for his fellow man. People like the rich, white people, Jews, capitalists, and his beloved country, he expresses all kinds of love.

And what kind of love is it that consents to killing millions of innocent offspring, is that love, Edgar?
0 Replies
 
mellow yellow
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 01:02 pm
okie wrote:
Go listen to a Jeremiah Wright sermon, Edgar, and you will hear all kinds of things about "love" for his fellow man. People like the rich, white people, Jews, capitalists, and his beloved country, he expresses all kinds of love.

And what kind of love is it that consents to killing millions of innocent offspring, is that love, Edgar?


Perhaps, sir, it is love for the preservation of one's self or tribe; ethnic cleansing in its multifarious forms, for example, could be based on love of one's "tribe" that may engender an argument deriving the validity to kill human offspring ("innocent by definition"). Or else, love for one's false beliefs? Or could it be simple dementia in the same form that has grown in Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz et al?

What do you say Question
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:24 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Anyway, it is quite evident here that the left is driven by hate

I grabbed this out of one of the posts above. I have long detected hate and vengeance as the modus operandi of the right. I have noted over the past few years, they have begun to say that about the left. I regard it as swift boating.


And how do you define "swift boating?"

You have long detected hate and vengence as the modus operandi of the rigtht. Perhaps we should refer to you as edgarholmes as your detective skills seem to be quite remarkable.

Leave it to the hateful and vengeful Right to suggest that the Left may be hateful and/or vengeful. Of course we know that the Left is all sweetness and light so you have to wonder why the bastards on the Right even try to "swift boat."
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:25 pm
mellow yellow wrote:
okie wrote:
Go listen to a Jeremiah Wright sermon, Edgar, and you will hear all kinds of things about "love" for his fellow man. People like the rich, white people, Jews, capitalists, and his beloved country, he expresses all kinds of love.

And what kind of love is it that consents to killing millions of innocent offspring, is that love, Edgar?


Perhaps, sir, it is love for the preservation of one's self or tribe; ethnic cleansing in its multifarious forms, for example, could be based on love of one's "tribe" that may engender an argument deriving the validity to kill human offspring ("innocent by definition"). Or else, love for one's false beliefs? Or could it be simple dementia in the same form that has grown in Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz et al?

What do you say Question


I don't know what okie says but I say "Huhh?"
0 Replies
 
Advocate
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 08:27 am
A Newsweek poll indicates that O has the big mo. Thus, unless O is caught in the shower with Rev. Wright, he should sail to victory.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/142465
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/29/2022 at 04:50:42