Mom, dad stop the car – call 9-1-1!

Linkat

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:52 am
In school yesterday, she told me she didn't check her heart that much and she is being brave.

But last night she came in our room.. I broke down and let her sleep with us (partly because I was so exhaused). All night she kept breathing heavy like trying to make sure she could breathe.

I do remember doing that - not the heart thing, but the breathing.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 11:45 am
this too shall pass.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 03:17 pm
Chai wrote:
this too shall pass.

I guess so - my daughter announced to me yesterday that she is no longer scared about dying.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 03:30 pm
Linkat, I still have one that will cry at night time (sometimes) because he is afraid he or we will die. Hard to assure a little one it is not something to dwell or worry about. I am glad she has come to that point...such a smart little cookie to be in preschool and get it. Mine didn't until they were in first grade I think.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 09:40 am
It definately is hard - on the one hand you don't want to lie (yes you can die and we all die), but the other hand you don't want them to be so fearful.

Maybe it just takes time - it did with my little one. My older girl would ask questions, but she never seemed afraid of death - sort of just accepted it as part of life, but it must have never seemed to directly affect her.

She was afraid though at one point in time who would take care of her if my husband and me died. She didn't seem concerned that we would be gone, just who would take care of her. Then she calmed herself realizing she had all these relatives she loved that would take of her. Bye bye mom and dad.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 08:45 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Someday you will look back on this as a fond memory. Trust me.

Don't think you are on here but you are a 100% correct it is a fond memory ,,,today is her 19 th birthday
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 04:34 am
@Linkat,
Same age as my cat who just died today.

He was very old.
Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 06:09 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Same age as my cat who just died today.

He was very old.

Well that is certainly makes me feel better.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 06:51 am
@Linkat,
Sorry, it had just happened, it was the age 19 that made me post.

Didn't mean to bring you down.
Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 12:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Sorry about that… yeah we am good
0 Replies