I'm conflicted....

Chai

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 01:54 pm
I didn't know whether to put this in Relationshipa or Religion.

I opted for Relationships since it shows how easily women can screw up a marriage.

Here's a link to this startling Revelation about how women are blithely destroying the family unit.

Here's a cut and paste from the above link, that for me, really get's to the heart of the matter....

Today, the divorce rate in this country is said to be about 50%. Some marriage counselors have reported that adulterous relationships occur mostly between people who meet each other through their jobs. Likewise, it is estimated that women hold approximately 50% of the jobs in the workforce. Are these statistics just coincidental?

I feel I must repeat this last part to everyone....

Are these statistics just coincidental?

I'll let you be the judge.

I was nearly as astounded when I read this statement....

I have often wondered where Adam was when Eve was being tempted.

Actually, I had never wondered that myself, but you can be sure I'm going to be spending a lot of time pondering that in the days to come.

Do you think it was as simple that Adam was simply not standing around when Eve was flirting and tossing her hair at the Serpent?

Or, do you suppose Eve was sneaking away from Adam, bound and determined to get on the road to perdition?

discuss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,191 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Gala

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 01:58 pm
Are you looking to torture yourself?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:00 pm
I am in the workforce Gala.

It would be only natural for me to question my entire life at this point.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:02 pm
Maybe she was checking out the eye candy outside of the Garden of Eden. Place had to have a gate.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:06 pm
It was a really big serpent.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:15 pm
Then, I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I'm mean is it some declaration of the Holy Rollers, or are you attracted to someone you work with?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:33 pm
I think she is being facetious. Are you Chai? I mean - the fact that it is women's fault for the divorce rate because they are working outside the home?

The fact is that Proverbs in a ruund about way does encourage women to stay home by praising their work in the home, but that was a LONG time ago. Times have changed. Women have to work sometimes. Women are going to get what they want. Has nothing to do with the fact that they work. They could meet somebody at Walmart if they wanted to I guess.

Times have changed. People don't stay in a marriage out of duty to their spouse or children these days. This may or may not be a good thing depending on your view point. Women in the work force cooincides with the changing of the times and the liberation of self from things that were previously adhered to. So it just looks like that is the reason the divorce rate is up.

Maybe...but what do I know. I am fairly sheltered down here at home in the boon docks of Alabama.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:20 pm
mismi wrote:
I think she is being facetious.

DING DING DING!!!

And what did mismi win for answering that question correctly Johnny?

Well Chai, mismi has won 2 round trip tickets and motel 6 accomodations to the annual scrapebooking and boggle meet in lovely Bum-hump Texas.

As an extra treat, we will throw in a 2 week course in clothing applique.

http://www.countrycreationsbyjoyce.com/images/bemine500s.jpg
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:33 pm
WOOHOO! That is awesome...A Motel? A real Motel? And I jus love Bum-hump, Texas...rally I dooo...Thank you, Thank you so much!

it will be good to get out of the trailer for a bit...see the real world
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:39 pm
If you wanted to quit working, Chai, why didn't you say so to begin with?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:41 pm
You may have gotten more play on this in Religion.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 04:23 pm
cjhsa wrote:
It was a really big serpent.

hehehehe......
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 04:35 pm
But in all seriousness here people....

I have actually thought about this subject alot. I think the only thing I can come up with is that socialization and the idea of culture is too large for anyone to handle. The fact is, we as a nation are going to change whether anyone is ready for it or not. It will happen because things will start changing. You can't stop women from fighting or men from pushing us back. As women grow more courage we will become stronger.

In a way I actually encourage this new change, not because of the fact that I am a women, but because I envision a world controlled mostly by women. I mean, you may think we are way far off... but may I remind you of who is up to be Madam President this year? We aren't that far off. Ever think about women in economics or environmental issues? I know there are two sides to every coin, but just on those two topics alone I feel women may actually save the planet if it were left to us because we don't think with our c$%k's or kill in order to save a buck or two. Women are more nurturing and we would be more inclined to save our own people from the streets and starvation instead of thinking with our c$%k's or kill in order to save a buck or two... sorry did I use that one already, my bad.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 05:06 pm
mismi wrote:
WOOHOO! That is awesome...A Motel? A real Motel? And I jus love Bum-hump, Texas...rally I dooo...Thank you, Thank you so much!

mismi, you have no idea how that warms my heart.

I didn't want to mention it before, but the motel has an ice machine on every floor.

Oh, what the hell, I might as well spill all the beans....if you get the hungries in the middle of the night, after the Waffle Bungalow is shut down for the night, they have, on the 1st floor, a machine that dispenses Lance brand peanut butter crackers.

The cost of that is on you however, so bring some quarters.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 05:11 pm
kitkat_bar wrote:

I have actually thought about this subject alot.

Which subject? Staying at a Motel 6, or learning how to aplique?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 05:16 pm
I went to a flea market last weekend and walked pass a table covered in applique sweatshirts. I looked at the women selling them, and yes, she was wearing one. *gak*

On the plus side, I bought a Mccoy pot for 25 cents. It goes neatly with my collection of other little pots I got for next to nothing...
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 05:23 pm
Chai wrote:
mismi wrote:

mismi, you have no idea how that warms my heart.

I didn't want to mention it before, but the motel has an ice machine on every floor.

Oh, what the hell, I might as well spill all the beans....if you get the hungries in the middle of the night, after the Waffle Bungalow is shut down for the night, they have, on the 1st floor, a machine that dispenses Lance brand peanut butter crackers.

The cost of that is on you however, so bring some quarters.

aw hell...I think I just died and went to heaven...I will just raid my laundymat jar.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 05:31 pm
SEE!!

This is the kind of thing I could be doing to make myself useful, and a true help to my husband!

Scouring flea markets for 25 cent McCoy pots, making my man proud of me for ensuring I found the best price

Instead, I luxuriate in a high rise office, wearing such frippery as high heels, and wasting my money on hair spray and Lances peanut butter crackers.

Oh sure, one could say, "But Chai, you're a successful woman of the millennium, you make somewhere in the low 5 figures, and supervise 2 mail room boys"

There. I said it.

While I've been out there, convincing myself I'm only in it for the money, I've been living with this lie.....I've been living this lie too long.

Each day, I wait, hoping the mail will be delivered, not by that Mr. "I'm only doing this while I cover my prerequisites for medical school", but.....Ramone.

I know I'm making such a fool of myself. But when Ramone stands in the hallway, outside my office door, and puts my mail in the bin that's attached to the wall, my heart does flip flops.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:00 pm
Chai wrote:
kitkat_bar wrote:

I have actually thought about this subject alot.

Which subject? Staying at a Motel 6, or learning how to aplique?

...tough crowd (wrings necktie)....
0 Replies