• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 874 • Replies: 14
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:49 am
Oh what an awful story. That poor kid.

Seriously, he should always wear a medic-alert bracelet.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:56 am
That scares the hell out of me...the police do need to have some kind of training. The taser has become quite the fall-back. Didn't I read something about a guy getting tasered for a traffic ticket? Yikes.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 09:03 am
bpb jr. has a medic alert card in his wallet... and I have gone over and over and over exactly what to do if he has a seizure somewhere when he's alone... he knows that when he walks to the store he's to be hyper aware of traffic and NEVER cross except in a crosswalk....he knows that if he wakes up and is surrounded by people of any kind to have them call me before they transport him to determine if he's been incidentally hurt by a fall...or if he needs to picked up or can brush himself off and continue on.... which is often the case.

Still, **** happens... but you try to give these kids as much independence as possible. I have said on more than one occasion that I'd rather have Stephen killed in a seizure related accident while enjoying his life than die in his bed after being in a bubble all his life. I'm sure many will disagree.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 09:04 am
Don't forget there are 2 sides to every story
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 09:31 am
I don't disagree with you at all, BPB. I have no doubt that you're doing right by BPB the younger.

People always assume the worst when it comes to teenage boys. I guess I'd worry about a wallet card just because I worry about everything and wonder if people would take the time to find it in a panic situation. I'm sure it's next to impossible to get a teenager to wear one though.

Hmmm....

Maybe we could popularize it as an acceptable tattoo for kids or something....
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 09:37 am
It would be just like the bracelet. They like to wear bracelets just not one proclaiming their illness. I understand why...but in these situations...I think it would be good to explein the possibilities of what could happen if they do not. Because police are only human.

Bi-Polar Bear...I think it sounds like you have done a good job...I agree with you that they need their independence. I just hate to see things happen that could have been avoided...maybe.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 10:31 am
all you can do is minimize the possibilities of trouble as best you can... and when they fall be there to pick them up for as long as you can..... and hope for the best. Play the cards you're dealt the best you can.
0 Replies

Xenoche

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 11:37 pm
That is disgusting. Very Happy

I've seen many an instance where the tazer has been used mainly because the cop was lazy. The cop thought he was having a bad trip? Well I'm sure the trip would have went right off the rails after getting tazered 12 times. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 01:08 pm
i dont want to believe he got tazed 12 times, id rather believe the "twice" story but im VERY SURE the ambulance people would go along with whatever the cop said.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 01:20 pm
Cops have an awful lot to deal with and tazing someone is far better than shooting them.

When you have police being shot and killed while making a routine stop, I think it's imparative that they are allowed to taze people if they are suspect.

Of course, there are always the bad cops and the good ones...but there are more good than bad.

In reference to this story, I think that the boy should have been wearing a bracelet. And that this case was a bit excessive.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 03:58 pm
Quote:
After finding the pipe, the report indicates the paramedics believed he may have been overdosing on narcotics.

The ambulance team asked for Corinth police.

So that is the information and the belief that the police would have been under upon attending - that the kid was having a drug induced psychosis.

No mention is made of whether or not police were told by the ambulance officers that it could be the after affects of a seizure. Given that, one would presume police weren't told (and did not know).

Quote:
I tried to tell them that he's claustrophobic and he couldn't stand to be strapped down," Travis said. "But they wouldn't listen to me."

You can't have a conscious seizure. So this is said in regards to the kid having regained consciousness, and the only reason to restrain him is if he is attacking the ambos, or perhaps not allowing them to do whatever they have to do (of course in this case it made the kid fight harder).
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 05:22 pm
If someone did that to my nephew I would kill them, but I wouldn't really have to because his dad would kill them first.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 08:06 pm
yeah BUT THAT TAKES BALLS CJ.

a lot of them.

America (imo of course) is runnin out of exactly that.

balls.

we got a lot of cockiness but nothin backin it up anymore.

americas a failure.

did u guys know the us military built a retarded ass base on top of babylon?

i mean seriously. what kind of ******* morons **** up a city like babylon..

" yeah lets put this helo pad right there, wait no theres an ancient statue, oh just tear it down"
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 08:08 pm
I'm sure Babylon is thrilled to have its first heli-pad.
0 Replies