Bras

sozobe

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 11:39 am
Oh, so they do go beyond "D". Howzat work? D, DD, DDD, E...?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 12:03 pm
Hey, are we measuring bras here, or reinventing the sonnet structure? I'm so confused...
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 12:10 pm
littlek wrote:
AA BB CC being what size difference? How about A/B B/C C/D etc.?

Well there is double D (DD), so why wasn't there double A, etc? So it should go A, AA, B, BB, C, CC, etc. Thats all i was wondering.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 12:12 pm
There is an AA - it is smaller than A. I think they still call them training bras. Interesting terminology. Who is training what, for what purpose.

soz - they go past DD fer sure - you have to go to a specialty shop that does custom fittings to find them usually.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 12:18 pm
I know they go beyond DD, Mrs. cav needs to go to those specialty shops....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 12:32 pm
Velcro? Oh yeah, the scream when opened.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 12:48 pm
sozobe wrote:
Oh, so they do go beyond "D". Howzat work? D, DD, DDD, E...?

You can view a size chart here. http://www.roamans.com/roamans/help/size-charts.asp?nav=1&static_link_id=5&cts9%2F6%2F2003+7%3A44%3A09+PM=1&name=cts9%2F6%2F2003+7%3A44%3A09+PM
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 12:53 pm
"the dark ages", dys? Well yes, that would explain the problem. It was too dark!

Re: fronties, ehBeth, you're supposed to fasten them first, THEN bend forward and (ahem) adjust.

Montana, I always thought it would be great to be able to go braless. Gives me a terrific backache.

And Cav, I bet your wife has one of the same complaints I have. How come all the sexiest styles & fun colors are only for small-busted women? Doesn't seem fair.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 01:09 pm
Eva wrote:
...How come all the sexiest styles & fun colors are only for small-busted women? Doesn't seem fair.

I hear ya, sistah.

Actually, Kmart, of all places, has 'em, up to 44D (at least, uh, that's all I'm looking for, um, uh Embarrassed).

Anyway - front-fastening - very useful when I sprained my left elbow. Otherwise, couldn't get the left arm to go around back and had to fasten in front and move the damned thing and you get the idea. It was not a pretty sight, I'm sure.

Braless. Heh, I used to do that when I was in High School. This is why I now know from a 44D.

Okay, TMI, sorry.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 04:40 pm
Eva
I hear ya on the backaches since I am far from a small size in the breast area. Unfortunately, bras bother me more than the backache, so I can't win for trying.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 04:44 pm
sozobe wrote:
Re: AA, BB, CC, it's 'cause the progression is A B C D... if you want something bigger than an A, you get a B. But there's no "E", so they get into "DD" et al to show the continuing progression.

Montana, I've mentioned I useta live in a "clothes-optional" co-op (omigosh I have to visit the co-op when I'm in Madison! just thought of that. anyway) and the whole "it's hot so I'm taking my damn shirt off" thing rocked. Got a little too used to it.

Deb has a famous bra!!

I read an article recenlty about getting a custom bra fitted in Paris. THAT's what I want. I like how shelf bras feel, but I don't like the uniboob look. My everyday wear are cotton underwires from V's S, surprisingly comfortable.

Sounds like an awesome Co-op Soz. Now that gives the true meaning to letting it all hang out ;-) Actually, I would be uncomfortable being around other people without a shirt on, but even just the thought of not having that restriction puts a smile on my face :-D
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 04:44 pm
Have you gone for a custom-fitting, Montana? (not the vendor's rep in the department store kind) It makes all the difference in the world.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 04:46 pm
If you want to go topless, move to Ontario. It's legal here. Not that too many women do it - but it's legal. The battle has been won.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 04:50 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Have you gone for a custom-fitting, Montana? (not the vendor's rep in the department store kind) It makes all the difference in the world.

No, I've never been for custom fitting and am thinking it might be a good idea, but where would I go for that?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 04:51 pm
I wish I had the guts to go topless, but I'm such a whimp :-(
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:03 pm
Trying to figure out who might be near you, Montana.

I am loving the content-matching ads today. Right now we have bras, bras and biggerbras.com.

Yup, the matching hamsters are on their game! :wink:
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:24 pm
I'm thinking spinnakers here...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:24 pm
It's actually the pigeons. Google uses pigeons while we use hamsters.

pidgeon rank: http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:31 pm
Well, the pigeons just smegged up, cos the ads I see are all Peace Corps!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:35 pm
I got taught in Psychology I, that "they" tried to train pigeons as kamikaze pilots - by rewarding them when the pecked in a manner that kept a ship silhouette in the centre of a screen. I believe the pigeon death squads never made it into actual combat...
0 Replies