Bras

kerver

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:18 pm
Why do bras only come in even sizes? Like, not everybody is a 32,34,36, etc!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 32,469 • Replies: 643
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:20 pm
Some bra company is advertising even 32 1/2 sized bras using that very question you asked.

It makes no difference to me. As long as they don't fulfill their threat to put padlocks on them I'm happy.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:20 pm
Dunno...my wife needs to get custom-sized, can't buy off the rack.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:23 pm
Well, I guess it isn't too big a deal if my cup runneth over a tad.....but all clothing sizes for women are weird.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:25 pm
Well, they're adjustable (you know those hooks in the back you keep trying to get your thumb under? They're about an inch wide). If you've got a 35" bust, you buy a 36 and adjust it downwards by using the tightest setting.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:26 pm
lol...good point, but still, why not just make size 35?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:39 pm
Actually, this is to give you a little, uh, elbow room, when you're menstruating or have gained a few pounds.

But it does surprise me - women are screwed in all sorts of fashion areas, from cheaply made (but expensive) shoes to pantyhose that catch on anything to every fashion whim out there, all in an effort to get us to buy, buy, buy as often as possible and long before we're tired of our clothes or have worn them out. I wonder why bras don't also have such planned obsolescence built into them. Hmm.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 06:23 pm
jespah wrote:
Actually, this is to give you a little, uh, elbow room, when you're menstruating or have gained a few pounds.

But it does surprise me - women are screwed in all sorts of fashion areas, from cheaply made (but expensive) shoes to pantyhose that catch on anything to every fashion whim out there, all in an effort to get us to buy, buy, buy as often as possible and long before we're tired of our clothes or have worn them out. I wonder why bras don't also have such planned obsolescence built into them. Hmm.

They do. It's called underwires. Razz
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:30 pm
Don't talk to me about underwires!!!!!!! The obsolence thing re them is soooo true....just think what happened to Little k...
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:33 pm
dlowan wrote:
Don't talk to me about underwires!!!!!!! The obsolence thing re them is soooo true....just think what happened to Little k...

What happened??!!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:34 pm
I usually try to buy bras that don't have them. Sometimes they just don't admit to it in the catalog ads and I get stuck with one, literally! Usually end up cutting the darned things out of the bra so I can continue to wear it.

These days, I'm rarely wearing the things. The new built-in "shelf bras" that are found in many tank tops are soooo much more comfortable. No binding, just a comfortable snuggle. Wink

What happened to Little K? Either I don't remember or hadn't heard.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:38 pm
It's a very very old piece of folklore... it happened before I came on the scene and I have barely pieced it together from bits and pieces. The short version is that it disappeared, but there has to be more to it than that. Confused
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:49 pm
LOL! She lost her left underwire, and mentioned it on a thread on Abuzz, and it has become sought, like a very Holy Grail, ever since!

The legend made the move from Abuzz to here - helped, I think, by Little k's attractiveness as a human being, and her sense of humour.

The elusive underwire was found briefly, and made an actual, visible, appearance in the Christmas avatar Craven made for Little k, at the instigation of one who shall remain nameless. Sadly, it disappeared again subsequently.

Little k will doubtless be along soon, to comment!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:53 pm
Craven is sporting that avatar himself!! It threw me for a loop... I read something "LittleK" said (as that's how it registered, I became very used to the red santa bikini), then did a few minutes on said "WAIT A MINUTE", the avatar had already switched, and I refreshed about 20 times before I got proof that I wasn't going bonkers!!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:54 pm
LOL, the story brings to mind an old slogan for Lucky Strikes cigarettes. LSMFT = Lucky Strikes Makes Filter Tips.

In highschool we changed it to LSMFT = Loose Straps Make Floppy Tits.

With a wayward underwire Little K's (-)(-) musta been a little lopsided. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 08:04 pm
d'ya think kerver's got an answer now?

poor littlek, and the lost left underwire.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 08:31 pm
How did I know there'd be mention of my underwire! Wicked wires always escaping. Just when you most need the support.

I could use a 35. And, while we're at it, can we also change it so that I can get a B-
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:58 pm
lol...I like everyones comments here. About the whole under wire thing though, I personally like them, what i don't like is the fact that they seem to want to pop out in places like you all have mentioned. I do have another question though, why is there no AA, BB, or CC, whats up with that? Don't ask where I come up with these things, I must have too much time on my hands.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 10:01 pm
AA BB CC being what size difference? How about A/B B/C C/D etc.?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 10:04 pm
I absolutely hate bras and only wear them if I have too.
0 Replies