Marriage in serious trouble, can it be fixed??

LoveBD

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 08:03 am
Im having a VERY hard time figuring things out in my life and my marriage is at a very serious point. I married my husband in 2001 and I loved him madly. We have had major communication problems since. Our actual problems really arent huge, just how we handle them. Put it this way, when we fight, its like we both bring knives to a fist fight. Its awful. We have hurt each other deeply but both of us want things to work because we do have 3 kids to think of. I dont know if you get to a point where it cant be fixed. He has agreed to go to counseling. I am pretty lost right now. He seems to think that Im the one with all the issues and he has done nothing wrong. I know I have contributed a lot to the demise of our marriage but so has he. I want to work towards a healthy marriage but I dont know if it is possible. I am SOOO exhausted by this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 914 • Replies: 3
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 08:15 am
I'm sorry you're going through this difficult time, LoveBD. It's good that he's agreed to counseling. Do you have any problems with that? If not, sounds like that's the next step.

Good luck...
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 11:27 am
I agree with Soz. Counseling helped hubby and me to find some common ground in our arguments. We no longer have the heated battles we once had. It has been a lot of work (on both our parts) but well worth it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 12:01 pm
Perhaps all you need from a professional is a Rules of Fair Fighting Guide?
0 Replies