OBAMA: good talker, whats wrong with him?

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 04:38 pm
whats the dark side to good guy obama?

what issues does he have a bad plan for?

What does he believe in that isn't really good for america?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,697 • Replies: 20
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 08:11 pm
Re: OBAMA: good talker, whats wrong with him?
OGIONIK wrote:

The anti-NAFTA stuff is not all that good. Free trade is beneficial for the country as a whole even though not all people benefit equally.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 08:45 am
Well, for one thing he's been to 57 out of an apparent 60 states.

57-states-video

I know Bush says something like this every week, but Barack's several failures to cover-his-ass/do his homework are forming a picture in my beady little mind. I'm seeing a combination of not taking the job seriously enough, being insincere, running a facade, and taking himself too seriously.

I can be criticized for comparing dictators to a candidate, but in terms of vision, and given the fact that most people, Liberals especially, expect the Federal/Executive branch to be more than I do (like to use it for crap their state/county/parish could take care of if it's such a great idea), I think a historical allegory is valid - he's like Herod relative to Alexander the Great, counting on the banality of people, instead of enabling them to excel...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 09:02 am
hanno wrote:

57-states-video

I know Bush says something like this every week, but Barack's several failures to cover-his-ass/do his homework are forming a picture in my beady little mind. I'm seeing a combination of not taking the job seriously enough, being insincere, running a facade, and taking himself too seriously.

I can be criticized for comparing dictators to a candidate, but in terms of vision, and given the fact that most people, Liberals especially, expect the Federal/Executive branch to be more than I do (like to use it for crap their state/county/parish could take care of if it's such a great idea), I think a historical allegory is valid - he's like Herod relative to Alexander the Great, counting on the banality of people, instead of enabling them to excel...

He's campaigning. How else is he expected to "enable them to excel," whatever that means (are you a gym teacher, perchance?), aside from outlining his platform, pointing to his history of public service in polictics and elsewhere, and making speeches? Also, please shed more light on this fine line of not taking the job seriously enough while simultaneously taking himself too seriously. Yes, please offer something more than a "facade" of general disapproval.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 09:21 am
Obama has little experience and has done very little.
I'm sure he's a good guy and has some good ideas, but he's not quite ready to be president.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 09:32 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
Obama has little experience and has done very little.
I'm sure he's a good guy and has some good ideas, but he's not quite ready to be president.

What does one have to do, to be 'ready?'

I suspect the answer will be more nebulous then one would hope.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 10:13 am
OGIONIK wrote:

I was wondering if you could clarify, and I mean really clarify this question.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 11:30 am
Gala wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:

I was wondering if you could clarify, and I mean really clarify this question.

He's a racist.

.....or a Star Wars fan
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 10:18 am
it seems to me id rather have obama than hillary, hillary can barely even talk when i see her.

he wrote his own speech, amazing to me in this day and age.

but ive never heard an actualy point of view, how is he gonna change things? what is he cnahging?

iono, only person lately ive actually said to myself "damn he sounds like he knows what he is talking about"

ZOMG ObAMA IS THE ANTI-CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 01:19 pm
Go to his site if you want to do some reading about his platform, OG. Plenty of details about his specific views and plans there. barackobama.com
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 03:50 pm
I just think he wouldn't be able to get much done in his term in office, since the party politics would be like moving an iceberg. That's why, if he had the Clintons (note plural), it might allow him to get something accomplished, or for that matter, get elected. The South likes a good 'ole boy; Obama's image is an inner-city northerner that has limited appeal outside of a few demographics.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:10 pm
What's an "inner-city Northerner?"

How do you tell them apart from an outer-city Northerner or an inner-city Southerner?
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:11 pm
Gargamel wrote:
hanno wrote:

57-states-video

He's campaigning. How else is he expected to "enable them to excel," whatever that means (are you a gym teacher, perchance?), aside from outlining his platform, pointing to his history of public service in polictics and elsewhere, and making speeches? Also, please shed more light on this fine line of not taking the job seriously enough while simultaneously taking himself too seriously. Yes, please offer something more than a "facade" of general disapproval.

It's not a fine line or a hard concept - I'd talk you through it, but you seem too contentious to pay attention - almost as if your parents had owned a Chrysler...
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 09:04 am
Butrflynet wrote:
What's an "inner-city Northerner?"

How do you tell them apart from an outer-city Northerner or an inner-city Southerner?

Better definitions can be gotten by Googling the terminology you are curious about. Far be it for me to think my definitions are correct everywhere.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 09:36 am
hanno wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
hanno wrote:

57-states-video

It's not a fine line or a hard concept - I'd talk you through it, but you seem too contentious to pay attention - almost as if your parents had owned a Chrysler...

You mean you'd "talk me through it," if it didn't mean risking another rehtoric check?

Loud and clear.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 01:28 pm
OGIONIK wrote:

Obama is not a good guy. He is a good speaker. He seeks voter's support by appealing to their racism and envy. He acts as if our Declaration of Independence should have said,
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are equal property and equal happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed;

instead of,
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

Obama proposes government domestic programs and controls that have previously failed each time they have been tried (e.g., Communism's, "from each according to their ability, to each according to their need.")).

Obama proposes government international actions that have failed every time they have been tried. (e.g., Chamberlain's policy of negotiate and appease, but do not oppose, mass murderers of non-murderers.)

Obama proposes government domestic programs and controls that violate the U.S. Constitution, the "supreme Law of the Land."(e.g., "Article I. Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 01:46 pm
lol, i hate to point this out, both versions arent referring to the america of today.

so... i like his better.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 01:54 pm
Obama doesn't understand the U.S. Constitution.

He's the most liberal of all Senators, even more than John Kerry, if you examine his voting record.

He wants to ban all SEMI-auto guns - period. He's clueless.

What really gets my dander up is that the unions tell their members to vote for the Douchecrats yet most union members are gun owners. When you tell them the union endorsed candidate wants their guns, they just shake their head and do what they're told.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 01:56 pm
if they abn all guns, what do they do with people who own them already?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 01:58 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
if they abn all guns, what do they do with people who own them already?

We all become criminals in the eyes of our government, a government who has failed to uphold the laws of the land. At that point, the guns come out, and the government takes a dirt nap.
0 Replies