Butt fat keeps you healthy!

littlek

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 06:45 pm
Wow, this is good news to women all over the place!

While the classic apple body type is related to viscous fat (internal, around organs) which hinders health, subcutaneous fat (below the skin - I'm thinking cellulite) is generally stored below the waist and can help keep you healthy. Specifically, it can help prevent type-2 diabetes.

Quote:
The researchers, who worked on mice, transplanted fat from one part of the animals' body to the other.

When subcutaneous fat was moved to the abdominal area, there was a decrease in body weight, fat mass, and blood sugar levels.

BBC
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,922 • Replies: 24
No top replies

fishin

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 06:47 pm
Jeez... now it'll be on menus everywhere! Shocked

I may have to go vegan...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 06:49 pm
ew.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 07:40 am
I chewed on some butt fat in my life.... still in it's original container of course.... maybe that's what's kept me looking young... a sincere thanks and much love to all the women over the years who have helped me in my good health regimen...
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 07:42 am
Interesting news to store in the brain for the next time I want to question how I look it will now be "Does my butt look healthy?"

Wink
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 07:49 am
Awesome - I am a little on the thin side, however, the area where I am fat is in the butt and I can also get some in the thighs when I don't work out regularly.

Now I can just say that my booty is healthy - not fat.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 07:55 am
Ahhhhh...good to know - having a little junk in the trunk is a GOOD thing. So when Dutchy (he's kidding - I think) says I have a fat ass I can now say,"thank you" and refer him to this thread. :wink:
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 08:18 am
Re: Butt fat keeps you healthy!
littlek wrote:

While the classic apple body type is related to viscous fat (internal, around organs) which hinders health, subcutaneous fat (below the skin - I'm thinking cellulite) is generally stored below the waist and can help keep you healthy. Specifically, it can help prevent type-2 diabetes.

Quote:
The researchers, who worked on mice, transplanted fat from one part of the animals' body to the other.

When subcutaneous fat was moved to the abdominal area, there was a decrease in body weight, fat mass, and blood sugar levels.

BBC

It's good news for MICE, but how is it good news for WOMEN?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 08:25 am
Miller wrote:
littlek wrote:

Quote:

BBC

Because we're sisters under the skin.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 08:30 am
Quote:
if ratamorphic psychology is good enough for B F Skinner then ratamorphic physiology should be good enough for WOMEN.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 08:31 am
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:
if ratamorphic psychology is good enough for B F Skinner then ratamorphic physiology should be good enough for WOMEN.

Skinner, in terms of explanation of complex behaviour, is SO toast.

And you're a bad man.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 08:34 am
debbie wrote:
And you're a bad man
well maybe but all my fat has gone to my head.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:00 am
littlek wrote:
Butt fat keeps you healthy!

Keep telling yourself that, lil'k.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:57 am
Like she even has a fat butt.

NOT.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 10:04 am
BBB
Butt fat! Now I know why I'm so healthy. It's my skeletal structure that's giving me problems.

BBB
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 10:42 am
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ksm/lowres/ksmn2092l.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 10:50 am
Miller wrote:

well, three years ago they said it was good news for everyone because

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62780

predicting heart attack risk ... click

Quote:
Dr. Sharma and colleagues reported that of several measures of obesity, including BMI, the best predictor of heart attack risk is the waist-to-hip ratio.

<snip>

there's a smooth increase in risk with increasing waist-to-hip ratio, regardless of BMI.

The Interheart study -- a case-control analysis of acute myocardial infarction -- involved 27,098 participants in 52 countries, the investigators reported.

The study had three key findings, he said:

That BMI does not predict heart attack risk, while waist-to-hip ratio does.

That looking at obesity through this new measure triples the number of people who should be regarded as at risk.

And that the link between increased waist-to-hip ratio and increased heart attack risk is consistently found in all countries and cultures.

"The same rules apply to everybody," he said.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 10:52 am
quinn1 wrote:
Like she even has a fat butt.

NOT.

I'm afraid I'll need to see proof.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:12 am
I don't believe I have a picture of her butt but perhaps she can share when she comes on back in.

Not a fat butt at all. She'll say she does though - watch.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 02:54 pm
quinn1 wrote:
I don't believe I have a picture of her butt but perhaps she can share when she comes on back in.

Not a fat butt at all. She'll say she does though - watch.

I do! Hahaha. If I am nearing my maximum BMI weight, and the rest of me is pretty skinny, then it stands to reason that my butt is sort of fat.
0 Replies