Conference Calls

quinn1

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 05:00 pm
jespah wrote:

And here's where the cursor turns to a black cross. Does everyone see that? {silence}

Okay well, let's move on.

Thats great - I hear that from only a few of the moderators. But, when they do use it- it's kinda funny.

I HATE the Silence thing too --H E L L O ..are we not here for a reason - anyone listening? argh. So, I always am prepared with my little finger on the mute button to unmute and answer so the moderator has a decent evening. Then you know - you think the easy part will go fine and you get 1 million stupid questions like "so to go to the next page I hit next?" Ummm..yeah.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 08:36 am
Or writing comments here - I am on a conference call as we speak
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 08:39 am
So sorry Link....

I refused to do any further this week. Maybe next week but, that last one did me in for this week so, I'm all good with it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:01 am
I was on one conference call when I worked for Intel.

They had this black space age looking triangle in the middle of the table and some pompous bloke on the other end talking about how we really needed to up our standards.. blah blah blah blah blah..

Really.. the guy was a real jerk.. and the room was filled with early 20's boys and myself.

Farts ensued..

burps..

mamma comments..

For us kids it was hilarious..

It was like hearing an NBC host getting a prank call about sex
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:08 am
Shewolfnm I can only imagine. Sounds hysterical though.

Once in a while we have gotten the odd person coming into a conference that shouldn't be there - really weird stuff. Just being an idiot. Don't people have other things to do? LOL.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:10 am
hehehe. No
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:48 am
hahaha

Great. Sigh.

Really though. I wanted to sign up for a conference call I need to do between now and Tuesday and it's hard because I'm going back to nights so, I'm limited on the times I can do. I signed up for one on Tuesday thinking - fine I can do that one - then realized it's right smack dab in the middle of my sleep time Shocked what was I thinking? I obviously wasn't. hehehehe. I can get out of them really easy though, so thats a good thing.

After the last thing though - I don't want to do it. Dangit.
Pouting. I'll get over it. Maybe tomorrow.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 06:40 pm
I use conference call time as my lunch break. Nothing better than getting paid to eat my big mac and listen to the drama from the other locations. Who needs soap operas?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 12:22 am
Aldistar - I'll keep that in mind for the next one- good idea!
0 Replies