Oral Roberts to wed Linda Lovelace

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:51 pm
well not exactly but;

Quote:
TULSA, Okla. - As Oral Roberts University prepares to hand out diplomas to its Class of 2008, Anna Siebring, a junior, will be mailing out applications to transfer to another school. Siebring, a government major, is among many students having second thoughts about staying at Oral Roberts after six months of scandal at the evangelical Christian university.
ADVERTISEMENT

She and others fear the furor will reduce the value of any degree they earn there. Some graduates worry that they will have to try twice as hard to market themselves to potential employers after Saturday's commencement.

"The reputation of the school means a lot," Siebring said. "I want to be proud of the school that I went to, but I could definitely not say that about the school right now."

During the past school year, TV evangelist Richard Roberts, son of school founder Oral Roberts, resigned as president after being accused of misspending university funds to live in style. Also, it was disclosed that the school was more than $50 million in debt.

Among other things, Roberts and his wife were accused of spending school money on shopping sprees, home improvements and a stable of horses for their daughters. They are also alleged to have sent a daughter and her friends on a Bahamas vacation aboard a university jet.

Quote:
"We have a bright future. Most of the students are excited the picture has changed quite significantly," Green said. But "it doesn't happen overnight."

Green's money has been used to eliminate about half the school's debt and is going for numerous renovations to the dated, 1960s-era campus, known for its 60-foot-high bronze sculpture of praying hands.

Improvements include a microwave-refrigerator in every dorm room, a picnic area that can accommodate 50 students and new wiring in the dormitories. Money is also being set aside for recruitment and for the awarding of scholarships to retain students.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 931 • Replies: 11
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 06:35 pm
The Reputation of the School. Oral Roberts?

yeehehahahohowowie
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:10 pm
microwave-refrigerator...

Confused
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:28 pm
It's new technology. It cools things from the inside out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:30 pm
Science, you know.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:38 pm
No. Miracle
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:48 pm
no miracle, it's all technology, you take ice cubes from the fridge and put them in the micro and viola you have WATER! you put the water back into the fridge till it's ice again then you can walk on water.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 08:59 pm
Or, scate...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 09:13 pm
You think all that is funny/absurd/preposterous?

Try living in the same town with it.

(sigh)

The campus looks like the set of a 1950s science fiction B movie. We hafta take all our out-of-town visitors there for grins.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 09:32 pm
Aw, Eva, just let them put the palms of their hands on the tv screen.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 08:44 am
Such A Good Looking Couple!

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7831/project1ue4.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 08:55 am
When I was in college in Chicago we had practicals at the end of the semester. I went to my photo practical, the teacher quickly flipped through my photos "Yeah, yeah, good, okay, could be better, yeah, yeah" then he asked "You lived in Tulsa, right?" I said that I had an he said "What's the deal with Oral Roberts?"

We spent the rest of the hour discussing Oral Roberts and that goofy campus.
0 Replies