If this photo is real, what does that say about Media?

nimh

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 01:54 pm
Monger wrote:
For some weird reason I like researching this kinda thing. Smile

I checked out the third thread, interesting.

I couldnt help noticing where you wrote, "Up until 2 years ago when I left at age 16, I was part of a cult 10,000 strong which believes among many other things that New Jerusalem from Revelations is a pyramid inside the moon."

I'm guessing that may be part of your motivation of pursuing / debunking these things, too? Did you ever write about that (here)? It could be fascinating ... but it could also be very very private, wouldnt want to intrude.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 11:43 am
it be something i haven't talked about much here. i agree that it's prolly helped with motivation for these kinds of things.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 12:16 pm
<nods>
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 08:54 pm
Monger?!?!!! Arggghhhh. Here's some <hugs> for you. That must have been tough to live through; even harder to break away from. And you seem like such a normal guy [size=7]except for that avatar[/size]. :wink:
0 Replies

nemesis

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 11:03 am
hiya chaiyah
I'm new here but...
"Overexposing" happens when too much light gets on phototape, usually because the thingie that's supposed to open and close in a blink does that in two blinks. When this happens, all photographed bright objects apper on the photo much brighter than they really are.
Thus the rising sun happens to look like a supernova, and crescent moon like a flaming object in the sky. And the little crescent near it is too small to be the moon, and it really is nothing but a reflection.
Why are you so interested in not believing (and not trying to find out) what you see? You should follow your own advice and go outside on a starry night. Then you'll see there are no planet Xes in the sky, as many unafraid-to-look people will confirm.
The government-and-astronomers secret arangements to keep us all fooled and to tell us lies just couldn't hush such a big thing up.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 03:49 pm
hey what's the truth and what's real?and at the end of the day who cares no offence but there is no reality there is no truth there's only perception and belief no absolutes or anything....

Besides it's all money when it comes to humans got a few more people to look at there links and buy neswpapers i don't think it bothers them weather its real or not just how much it sells. Welcome to capitalism baby :wink:
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 02:45 pm
If you do not agree with chaiyah she will just say you are wrong. There is no way to talk to her about it, she is IGNORANT, and it's the annoying kind. The really of sure of themselves ignorant.

Great research and response Monger.
0 Replies

skeptic

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 03:58 pm
Hi
I am not impressed with this photo.

Apparently the sun came up an hour later. That means it was just over the horizon when this picture was taken. So the sun could easily have caused a reflection on something in the distant sky...an airplane, etc.

Also, how do we know for sure which direction the camera was pointing.
I havent read all 3 pages of this thread so I'm just taking my evidence from the picture...but why couldnt that be the sun??? Maybe it rises early or the time was wrong on the photo.

I think this picture perfectly exemplifies how UFO sightings are only psychological. People seem to think that just because something can not be explained right away, it must be a UFO

To the media, i say "THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR NOT WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY REPORTING ON THIS INSIGNIFICANT THING AND STICKING TO MORE RELEVENT TOPICS!!!"
0 Replies

hodgepodge

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 09:21 pm
chaiyah wrote:
What concerns me is, such a deep and abiding cynicism that people don't believe ANYTHING they see any longer.

No one is ever satisfied with evidence. It's as if there is no longer a way to get to "the Truth," and all paths are blocked.

That's just what the Elitists, Fascists, Oligarchs and Bureaucrats want us to believe, that we can't really KNOW ANYTHING except what they TELL US.

The Bush Administration and its media lap-dog lackeys have become the priesthood that dispenses its truth, and its truth ONLY.

Bad, bad scene.

Rolling Eyes

Obviously you haven't heard of photoshop or premiere. Those are the reasons people don't believe what they see anymore.
0 Replies

nemesis

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 02:57 pm
Well I guess they still believe things that they see with their own eyes (unless they're afraid to go outside and look, ha-ha) or when they see something on CNN or similar almost-reliable source. But photos with nearly visible transparent young women in white standing on ancient staircases have ceased to impress like a hundred years ago.
Still, I didn't see anyone of you explaining to chaiyah what "overexposure" actually means until I did. It's not her fault she didn't know that.
0 Replies