If this photo is real, what does that say about Media?

chaiyah

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 10:33 am
I'm not interested in claims

You said it all right there.

End of conversation, as far as I am concerned.

I will not try to respond to you. You are not open to my response.

: ) chai
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 10:39 am
Very relevant link
0 Replies

chaiyah

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 10:45 am
You know, the more I think about this, the more I realize, it's a real HOOT.

People are so scared to look at the sky; they are so afraid of contradicting--

they will go to great lengths to give hypotheses about how photos must have been altered or defective

INSTEAD OF JUST LOOKING AT THE SKY FOR THEMSELVES.

What a crock of shift. How cowardly can they be, who won't even look up, themselves.

Several friends and neighbors have commented, they can't find Solaris where they expect it to be.

I mean, is it unheard of, that things should move out of the places we feel are customary for celestial objects?

True, the whole planet seems to be shrouded in heavy cloud cover. But--

Isn't that kind of anal retentive?

Come on, guys. Get your noses out of your star charts and look UP at the sky, for a change.

0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 10:45 am
chaiyah wrote:
End of conversation, as far as I am concerned.

You are not open to my response.

Agreed, pretty much.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 10:47 am
chai,

I look at the sky all the time. But I agree, anyone who doesn't disregard science in favor of the conspiracy theorists' deposits is indeed anal retentine and should probably be sent to live on... planet X.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 10:53 am
Monger wrote:

From UCLA's website:
Mount Wilson Solar Cam Operator Response to ZetaTalk's claim of PX

Quote:
I actually wrote to UCLA, and the following was their response:

"... pictures are indeed real, and used without permission...."

Ahhh-ha. Thanks for checking around, Monger. :wink:
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 10:57 am
chaiyah wrote:
People are so scared to look at the sky; they are so afraid of contradicting--

they will go to great lengths to give hypotheses about how photos must have been altered or defective

INSTEAD OF JUST LOOKING AT THE SKY FOR THEMSELVES.

1. I don't think those photos are altered or defective -- I think they're overexposed.
  2. I think many of the other photos on your website are altered, defective, and fabricated.
  3. There's no need to "go to great lengths" to support these claims. Though like I said I don't think the Mt. Wilson photos are fake, I could reproduce the image perfectly for you from a blank canvas in no more than 20 minutes using a program called Bryce4 from MetaCreations, then move it to Photoshop for 10 minutes & the finished product would look to most people like no computer had ever touched it. Of course, it would be still easier to modify an existing photograph.
  4. I look at the sky. Wink
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:00 am
Chaiyah:

I mentioned on the other thread, the pretty pictures were taken by my neighbors at Mt. Wilson and that "One of those lights is my House!" Well, I wasn't excactly joking.

Tell me the day and time and I will gladly go out on my patio, which has a great view of the same area of the sky and look. My eyes are good. I don't have astigmatism or epilepsy or retinal detatchment or anything--so there won't be any lens flare or over exposure or anything like that.

I'll be thrilled to see any unusual celestial bodies and will report them to You and SETI and the White House and The UN and Fox News immediately! I'll even give Coast to Coast AM an exclusive! I'll probably win a Nobel Prize too!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:03 am
Any photo can be manipulated to make it look like anything somebody wishes it to look. Nothing special about any photo. Gotta have eye-witnesses that have seen the same thing at the same time - and I'd still be somewhat skeptical about what they saw. Wink
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:05 am
I'll only report the truth, C.I Very Happy
0 Replies

chaiyah

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:25 am
...Shift happens.

...Think whatever you want.

...Choose whom you will trust; and live with the outcome.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:27 am
Question
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:39 am
chaiyah wrote:

Several friends and neighbors have commented, they can't find Solaris where they expect it to be.

I mean, is it unheard of, that things should move out of the places we feel are customary for celestial objects?

It's them folks at Atari. The Pacman on Mars is moving closer to Ms. Earth's Pacman http://www.porkrind.org/arcade/multipac-icon-2.gif
and Atari is slowly relocating Ms. Earth to avoid Mr. Pacman and getting eaten by the ghosty people. http://courses.ece.uiuc.edu/ece291/archive/archive-s98/prizes/pacman/Public/icon.gif
You know how us females are...always flirting and making things chase after them. Wink

By the way, that glimmer of light over the ghostly's eyebrow is just a reflection off his shiny bald head, he isn't sending light signals into space in an unusual or unexpected manner. Wink
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:43 am
I havn't seen pacman since the eighties!! Why would he return-------NOW?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:47 am
Eight things there be that Pacman brings,
When on high he doth horrid range:
Wind, famine, plague, and death to kings;
War, earthquakes, floods,
And direful change.

-- From an old German poem.

(Just changed the word comet to Pacman. Smile)
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:54 am
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Shocked

Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 12:03 pm
What, no one else here has ever been to planet X? Great nightclubs!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 12:17 pm
Hi Folks,

These photo's (as well as others) have already been disected in gory detail in the previous a2k thread: http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11091&highlight=

Monger,

Nice graphics Smile Even easier to understand than my previous long winded explanations. (didn't do any good though, did it) Wink

Best Regards,
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 12:29 pm
Cool, rosbourne. Lots of interesting info on the other thread. I'll post a link over there to the continued discussion for anyone who's been following this.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 12:48 pm
I find it kind of interesting that a photo of such scientific proof of something amiss in the heavens is posted in the Philosophy & Debate forum rather then in the Science, Technology, Photography, Human Interest or General News forums.

The choice of forum categories implies an unspoken doubt or question the poster had about the subject.
0 Replies