Run Down... :(

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 07:16 am
It's my birthday on thursday and I've been under a lot of stress with work and planning party/trip etc. This series of events caused my period to start (I'm on a POP, so I don't usually get periods).

For a few days before it started I had cramps, possibly the worst I've ever experienced, and they're continuing now. Not as bad, but still pretty bad.. Yesterday my legs started aching, a constant dull crampy feeling in both legs and all the way down. I've been pretty tired generally for a while, but put it to having late nights. Yesterday and today I've been really lethargic, I didn't have the energy to stand up all day at work and kept having to sit down. I have had a couple of headaches, that just suddenly come on, are really bad and then suddenly disappear.
I've been getting a few mouth ulcers, which is unusual since I haven't bitten my cheek/tongue/lip or anything, they've just come up...

Not sure about my temperature, my hands are freezing, so my forehead feels really warm, not sure if it IS hot though.

Now then, what would people say, diagnosis? I don't really want to make a Drs appointment, and if it turns out to be a virus and he prescribes me antibiotics, I'm not going to be able to drink on my 18th or at my friend's 18...which'll just suck. (I do drink in moderation (reasonably) by the way!)

What are the alternatives if it is a virus? Eg natural ways to get healthy again, and quick!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 970 • Replies: 10
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 07:36 am
Goto the doctor's. You sure are a fool if you think getting pissed up is more important than your health.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 07:38 am
I don't think getting pissed up is more important than my health, but I don't want to be taking ******* antibiotics again. It fucks up my pill and I've been prescribed the wrong ******* antibiotics TWICE in a row now, so I just can't be fucked.

I've also been in and out of Drs a lot recently and I don't really want to be making yet ANOTHER appointment to be prescribed the wrong antibiotics again.

I would like to have a nice glass of champagne at my and my friend's parties, thank you for judging me.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 07:54 am
I only said it because I have made that kind of mistake myself, and I wish I hadn't.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:02 am
Hmm, fair enough. I'm not saying I don't want to take antibiotics because I want to drink. I don't want to particularly take them if there's another way to naturally help me get healthy. I've paid for two lots of antibiotics in the past couple of months only to be told they won't actually help and I need a different one.

It's just irritating to take them because they upset my pill and I won't be able to join my friends in toasting my 18th! Razz
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:06 am
honey_rose_cr- You have many birthdays ahead of you. Those symptoms that you are having are troubling. Get to a doctor, quickly. If your doctor is a screw up, change doctors, but GO!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:20 am
if you have a virus, antibiotics won't help you.

Rest, rest, rest. And if you still don't start to feel better, see a new doctor.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:25 am
I had a giant period in the woods last fall and left the forest floor stained dayglo red.

Seriously, we cannot diagnose or treat any disease here at A2K. You might try one of those effervescent vitamin blasts like "Immunity Complex" or "Airborne". If you don't feel better soon, see your doctor. She'll want to do blood tests - you may be anemic.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 10:22 am
Quote:
if you have a virus, antibiotics won't help you.

Shocked Oh...yeah... I forgot about that... well, infection, whatever.

Quote:
Seriously, we cannot diagnose or treat any disease here at A2K. You might try one of those effervescent vitamin blasts like "Immunity Complex" or "Airborne". If you don't feel better soon, see your doctor. She'll want to do blood tests - you may be anemic.

I know you can't definately say for sure, but I was just wondering if anyone found something worked in particular for them.

I'm pretty much trained to diagnose symptoms and stuff and to tell you the truth would probably tell any of my customers to head to the Dr asap and maybe take vitamins and drink plenty of water. But I just wanted to know if anyone found something really did work to get em all better.

I find eating lots of oranges/drinking juice helps get rid of my colds pretty quickly...sometimes... So wondered if anyone else knew something magical and old-school for treating these sorts of symptoms...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 12:52 pm
You could have mono. Only a doctor can confirm this, however, they can't do anything for you. You just have to rest and wait it out.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 01:54 pm
At least she's not pregnant.
0 Replies