Stupidity.

'Nuff said.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:11 am
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Foofie wrote:
This survey question presupposes that both choices reflect some degree of patriotism. .

WTF????????????????????????????

I don't know about a flag pin, but you are saying that serving honorably in the US Military doesn't suggest some degree of patriotism. Are you f***ing kidding me?

So then by your own admission, your own standards, McCain IS more patriotic then Obama.

Not at all. The question is a hypothetical that if we were to judge a person by only those two standards. The implied point is that serving in the military does suggest some degree of true patriotism whereas wearing a flag pin label says nothing about one's true patriotism. I never questioned McCain's patriotism. And I don't see any reason to question Obama's patriotism either. Wing nuts often confuse patriotism with nationalism and those who place value on superficial things like flag pins are engaging in that confusion
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:47 am
Foofie wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
I can believe it.

I've been trying to collect my thoughts about patriotism/nationalism...but come to no conclusion. I'm English, but first I'm a Citizen of the World.

Well, la de da! There was a time a when many a British citizen was quite pompous about Brittania ruling the waves, and the sun never setting on the British Empire. What happened? Low iron?

Growing up.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 03:17 am
Foofie wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
I can believe it.

I've been trying to collect my thoughts about patriotism/nationalism...but come to no conclusion. I'm English, but first I'm a Citizen of the World.

Well, la de da! There was a time a when many a British citizen was quite pompous about Brittania ruling the waves, and the sun never setting on the British Empire. What happened? Low iron?
Well of course the real iron-y here is that without the need to march up and down saluting a coloured bit of cloth, you can feel quietly confident of your own superiority. Wink
0 Replies