Abortion Doctor's Murderer Gets Sent to Jesus

PDiddie

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 05:53 pm
My ass.

What is the difference, pray tell, between this psychopathic murderer and Osama bin Laden, for example?

Quote:
Paul Hill, a former minister who said he murdered an abortion doctor and his bodyguard to save the lives of unborn babies, was executed this evening by injection. He was the first person put to death in the United States for anti-abortion violence. Hill, 49, was condemned for the July 29, 1994, shooting deaths of Dr. John Bayard Britton and his bodyguard, retired Air Force Lt. Col. James Herman Barrett, and the wounding of Barrett's wife outside the Ladies Center in Pensacola, FL.

As he has since the slaying, Hill showed no remorse and urged abortion foes to use whatever means to protect the unborn.

"If you believe abortion is a lethal force, you should oppose the force and do what you have to do to stop it," Hill said as laid strapped to a gurney in the execution chamber. "May God help you to protect the unborn as you would want to be protected."

An unrepentant Paul Hill boasted Tuesday on the eve of his execution for the shotgun slaying of an abortion doctor: "I expect a great reward in heaven."

In a jailhouse interview, Hill suggested the state will be making a martyr out of him.

"The sooner I am executed ... the sooner I am going to heaven," he said. "I expect a great reward in heaven. I am looking forward to glory. I don't feel remorse."

"More people should act as I have acted," Hill added.

http://www.bartcop.com/paul-hill55.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 886 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 05:57 pm
I continue to think that its odd to punish people for killing people by killing them.
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 07:45 am
dyslexia wrote:
I continue to think that its odd to punish people for killing people by killing them.

" Capital punishment turns the state into a murderer. Life imprisonment turns the state into a gay dungeon master "

hah. Jessie Jackson - Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

kev

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:51 pm
dyslexia wrote:

I agree Dys for several reasons, one of which is this:

It has proved over the years that it has not the slightest deterrent effect, can anyone seriously believe that criminals, before setting out to commit whatever crime, reason it out logically, imagine these scenarios:

maximum penalty - death

Bad guy thinks: right I want my boss dead for firing me, but the problem is that we have the death penalty, and the thought of lying on a gurney and receiving a completely painless injection and drifting off into slumberland is a real deterrent for me.

maximum penalty life no parole

Bad guy: right, now it's not a problem cos if I get caught all they can do is lock me in a cell like a lab rat until I die, forty or fifty years from now, Hey thats no deterrent whatsoever! So I'm going for it!

Britains most prolific hangman Albert Pierrepoint hanged around five hundred people, in his memoirs he said quote:

"I have come to the conclusion that executions solve nothing, and are only an antiquated relic of a primitive desire for revenge which takes the easy way and hands over the responsibility for revenge to other people"
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 12:33 am
Right to life. A sick pack of weirdos.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:15 am
He got what he deserved. His was wanton and premeditated murder and for that he deserved the same fate. In addition if his religious beliefs are valid he will be met with the eternal damnation of hell for his deed.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:46 am
He's in hell and thinks it's heaven.

Can you even comprehend the mindset of a former minister who believes that God told him to kill this doctor and that he's going to heaven because he did?

That's precisely the logic that motivated the hijackers on the morning of Septrember 11, 2001.

There's no difference between the two. Nor their followers.

Radical fundamentalist religious murderers in the name of God.

I argue consistently against the death penalty. This is another instance where the greater punishment would have been to allow this man to sit in a cell for the rest of his life.
0 Replies