IDIS again

safinaz

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:42 am
Here is the paragraph first:

Apparently, the CIA's files under this program contain the names of some 9,900 plus Americans. In response to a question from LHS referring to the New York Tiles stories about the "files on 10,000 Americans," Colby indicates that the CIA's "9,900 names" is not the same as the IDIS master subject index described in the december 30, 1974 memorandum from LHS to Philip E.Areeda, Counsel to the President

I'm really pissed of looking for this IDIS !!! can you please help me? I found many possibilities and I'm not sure what is the exact one.. I've already posted something about this IDS but I didn't get enough explanations.. Yes another problem is about "9900 plus" does it mean more than 9900 ?? or what ??

Thanks a lot !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 620 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 06:11 am
IDIS is a software tool used by many organizations and is not particularly connected to just the CIA. Wiki It makes data exchange easier.

9900 plus

Yes, that means 'more than' .

I'm sure you know that writers get bored and try to find different ways of saying the exact same thing, sometimes with greater success than in others. I'm reminded of a question here a few years ago from a person wanting to know what the difference was between "starting from the first day" and "starting Day One". The answer was two fewer words.

Joe(and a lot more puzzlement)Nation
0 Replies