hunting license

safinaz

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 03:29 pm
Hi there,
I'm trying here to give you enough context to help me understand exactly what is the "hunting license" here, is it a metaphor? if yes, what does it mean in this context?

"The President: What can we do? We can get Griswold, Lemitzer, Friendly, Reagan, Jack Connor, Shannon, Dillon.

Kissenger: You might think of Rusk. This will get very rough and you need people around who know the Presidency, and the national interest.
What Colby has done is a disgrace.

The President: Shoud we suspend him?

Kissinger: No, but after the investigation is over you could move him and put in someone of towering integrity.

When the FBI has a hunting license into the CIA, this could end up worse for the country than Watergate."

thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 630 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 03:48 pm
Yes, it's a metaphor ... for giving CIA free access to look for culprits or someone to blame.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 05:15 am
Most states require hunters to purchase a hunting license (the money goes for keeping up State Game Lands). This license gives them a "right" to shoot and kill game animals.
0 Replies