Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 06:45 pm
hey hil! keep on truckin' baby.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 06:48 pm
NYT
was a wonderful source.
I mean was and no more.
Investigative journalists are not there anymore as the main mouth peace of stenographers.
Forget it.
Rama
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 06:56 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxy,
Are you actually saying that the NY Times speaks for or represents the dem party?

Let me explain something to you. When someone says The New York Times" they mean th editorial board not Adam Sigourney, or Elizabeth Bumiller (reporters) and certainly not Bill Kristol or Paul Krugman (columnists)

The Times editorial board has generally taken a left of center approach in their editorial viewpoints. That doesn't suggest any bias (left or right) in their reporting. For instance, the WSJ is way right editorially but I have always seen their reporting as impeccably unbiased.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:24 pm
Re: competition
Gala wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Ragman wrote:
Like I said when you lose the NYT, you are done.

I'm not so sure the New York Times has that much authority.

I never said that...why am I seen as being quoted here?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:47 pm
I was hoping to write about the fallout from the NYT's Saturday story regarding the media's use of Pentagon-controlled "independent" military analysts, but there hasn't really been any fallout at all.
Despite being accused by the NYT in a very lengthy, well-documented expose of misleadingly feeding government propaganda to their viewers and readers, virtually all media outlets continue their steadfast refusal to address or even acknowledge the story.
How can "news" organizations refuse to address -- just completely ignore -- accusations which fundamentally indict their behavior as "journalists"?

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/04/22/analysts/index.html
Don#t think that i uphold NYT
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 07:20 am
Ramafuchs

There wasn't no fallout because sadly people (american public) just don't really care about the Iraq war except as something to use in a political point sometimes like a side note. They want troops home when asked but other than that display little interest. Witness how very few people talk about the Iraq war on a fequent basis on these threads. Maybe if actually saw some dead bodies there would be some more real interest. But this administration/pentagon goes to a lot of trouble to keep actual bodies from the views of the american people and call it being polite.

What the Family Would Let You See, the Pentagon Obstructs

(sorry for the interruption)
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 04:00 pm
Revel
I wish not to cut and paste all the relevant facts to expose my honesty.
Here is one link which need some attention.
http://www.cbpp.org/policy-points4-18-08.htm
0 Replies