Hilly wins Penna!

hanno

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:20 pm
AP - Clinton grinds out victory over Obama in PA

That'll learn him to treat folk with some kind of respect for their dignity...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,926 • Replies: 42
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:26 pm
Yes, master!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:47 pm
Re: Hilly wins Penna!
hanno wrote:

You failed to add Uppity Nigra. Obama will take the Oath of Office on Jan 21, 2008. That'll teach you to show some respect.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:49 pm
hanno wrote:

You failed to add Uppity Nigra. Obama will take the Oath of Office on Jan 21, 2008. That'll teach you to show some respect.

Courtesy FDL

Barack Obama's "bitter" comment may have had little immediate impact in the Democratic primary race in Pennsylvania, according to a poll out this morning.

The Quinnipiac University poll found that Hillary Clinton leads Obama 50 to 44 percent, a margin unchanged since the organization's last statewide poll at the beginning of the month.

The unchanged margin does not come as a great surprise. Obama's remark was made public Friday afternoon, leaving only two days to permeate the public.

The poll, conducted Wednesday through Sunday night, revealed no noticeable shift in support for polling done on Saturday or Sunday. It is the first indication that Obama's controversial remark may not dramatically change the head-to-head match-up in Pennsylvania, which holds its primary next Tuesday.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 11:02 pm
I have criticized people for many reasons I find relevant to lack/impairment of perspective, of such nature as to be antithetical to my views. And I don't claim, as many garden-variety-liberals do, to be filled with universal love to any especially redeeming degree, but, leaf in the breeze of human nature that I am, I've never been quite small minded enough to bring race (or gender, lifestyle) into the matter. Nice job out-bigot-ing me.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 11:50 pm
When you address a presidential candidate "That'll learn him..." It is abundantly clear where you are coming from. Do you do your do your own sheets or do you send them out?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 12:09 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
When you address a presidential candidate "That'll learn him..." It is abundantly clear where you are coming from. Do you do your do your own sheets or do you send them out?

Jesus Roxxx, you sure know how to give liberals and progressives a bad name. This is just nuts.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 04:19 am
Roxxxanne shows more bigotry, racism, and sexism with each and every one of her posts than I've seen anywhere else on this board.

Roxxxanne = Biggest A2K RACIST
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:40 am
Nah, not racist. Misanthropic.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 06:07 am
hanno wrote:

I thought it was a draw. Penn was a Clinton state from the get go but Obama was really contesting it, so I thought if she won by 15%, it would be a good win. If she won by 5% or less, that would be a bad loss. In the end, she split those numbers down the middle, so to me that's a draw. She did a good job fighting off Obama but didn't make a clear statement that she's got the horses to make a come-back before June. Next up, NC. Same argument in reverse: If she can keep it within 10%, that's a Clinton win. If Obama wins by 20%, that will hurt.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:04 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
hanno wrote:

What office?
You do realize that today is April 23, 2008 dont you?
There was no oath of office for him to take on Jan 21, 2008.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 02:19 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:

One of Uncle Hanno's favorite lines - strange you should mention it. I've lived and worked in Appalachia, the deep south, and places where 'toilet' is, in all seriousness, pronounced 'turlet'(I think it has something to do with the loss of the 'U-mit-umlaut' character, thus is more a sign of poly-culturalism than stupidity), so I'm not unfamiliar with the colloquialisms of the English language. I like the phrase in question, though I've never heard it said in conversation, for purely poetic reasons. It's like saying, succinctly by using deviations of grammar, that 'as a mater of common knowledge, beknown to even those of poor-or-highly-localized grammar/understanding, it is apparent that the sequence of events in question will demonstrate to him/her/you...' while simultaneously claiming no particular socio-economic high-ground. In a way it's a matter of humility, like, 'in my measured yet to my mind valid opinion I find the conclusion that [someone] is mistaken thusly [reason] inescapable based on the following [evidence]...'. Now your interpretation of it, that's the fun part. You must think I'm affecting the dialect of a 'cracker' - how small minded of you. People smarter than me say such things as 'y'all' in perfect seriousness - it's just a matter of birth/locality.

As for the 'address a presidential candidate' part - what's it supposed to mean to me that he's a candidate? Plenty of lunatics in addition to statesmen with no hope of actually winning throw their hat in the ring, but I don't think just signing up and/or taking a patriotic interest is what you meant. I think you meant it in the sense of a person of that level of esteem and importance. This is the very heart of the confusion over elitism vs. meritocracy in America. I don't think it means much that Obama's the big man for leftist society right now - to me he's just another American, everything else about him, as far as I can tell is a social construct, cultivated mob mentality (a conclusion bolstered by his short-sighted comments about trading jobs to the rust belt in exchange for guns and nationalism/results thereof). Thus, and for no other reason to my vision, he is elite. Whereas my boy McCain is an ass-kicker on land and in the air, apart from his extensive political qualifications, therefore he is meritorious, as he would be, to my recognition I hope (in the Quaker, mystic/philosophical sense) even if he spoke in the manner of a rustic American southerner. He is elite (and how), but verifiably, at least in part, as a result of some sort of merit.

I don't do my own sheets or send them out, I just don't own or operate sheets. I'm neither a menial servant to myself or one who expects someone else to be. I don't work on my own car much - I'd love to have the time/reason/knowledge to but if someone else can do it better, faster - they get a piece of what I use the car to accomplish, which is both profitable and, I'd say, something to be proud of.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 12:28 am
Running wild in West Virginia!

Foxnews - Clinton Wins WV Primary by Decisive...

On one hand, she brought race into it, but on the other she's swept the (to use a term coined by The Onion) hellhole states. This last one Barack didn't pay much attention to. Kindof disconcerting - like I'd call them both shameless panderers, but Barack maybe got the feeling it wasn't his kind of crowd or wasn't worth the effort - even if they are assholes it's not a good mindset - I could swear I'm seeing childish insensitivity there...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:26 am
I think it more likely that he figured it would take more than one week to convince people who think he's a "half-breed" and a muslim (who lies about being a Christian) to vote for him. Yes, I see your point that he should make an effort with these people and I hope he does in November. But I'm loathe to let ignorance decide our nominee and/or our president, so I think the WV vote is getting just as much weight as it deserves.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 07:28 am
So people in WV are ignorant? Is that the current justification for Obama's loss there?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 07:36 am
Right on time, McG.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 07:43 am
On time for what?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:06 am
For the predictable response.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:11 am
I am confused now. You appear to call people from WV ignorant and then wait for a "predictable response"?

I suppose I could let your bigotry slide, but why should I? To avoid the "predictable response"?

How droll.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:20 am
McGentrix wrote:
I am confused now. You appear to call people from WV ignorant and then wait for a "predictable response"?

Emphasis mine. It is predictable (and predicted) that you would take what I said and translate that into "the people of W. VA are ignorant". Certainly there are plenty of ignorant people in W. VA based on how many still believe that Obama is a muslim and think that being a "half-breed" is a disqualifier for the presidency. What would you call it, tomato-tomahto? It's the elephant in the room. There is still bigotry and ignorance in this country and W. VA has more than its fair share of it. But we're supposed to pretend that it doesn't exist or that to point it out is an insult to ALL the people of W. VA. Obviously they are not all ignorant, which is why I didn't say they were.

Is this ignorance the reason why Obama lost? No, it is one of several factors. But we shouldn't even entertain the argument that Obama shouldn't be the nominee because some people in W. VA think he's a half-breed muslim, which appears to be the argument of some. W. VA is not representative of the country as a whole, thankfully, so we shouldn't let this result weigh more than it does.
0 Replies