If you found out that your dad wasnt really your dad

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:23 pm
But he didnt know yet, what are all the consequences of telling him vs not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,662 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:30 pm
did that happen to you?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:36 pm
hell naw if that happened i wouldnt even care i love the man who raised me regardless and i would never break his heart like that.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:38 pm
my best friend found out he has a different father than what he thought, but hes the same as me he doesnt care, but he doesnt know if he should tell him or not.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:40 pm
its like there are Fathers, and then there are Dads.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:52 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
my best friend found out he has a different father than what he thought, but hes the same as me he doesnt care, but he doesnt know if he should tell him or not.

not
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:56 pm
are you sure? is this like when a woman asked for your opinion, even if you dont like it you says it looks good?

like they say they want the truth, but if the truth isnt what they want dont say it?

yeah, i think not too. some things better left unseen or unsaid.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:57 pm
thats just so big a peice of information, how do you hide an issue like that? this poor kids gonna have mental problems.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 04:03 pm
i'd be so thankful....
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 04:07 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
thats just so big a peice of information, how do you hide an issue like that? this poor kids gonna have mental problems.

chances are it will come out at some point -- knowledge like that has a way of squirming free. That doesn't mean he "should" tell him, even though he probably will.

how did he find out?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 04:10 pm
he opened a letter from his real dad addressed to his mom.

thats gotta be insane, i cant imagine...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 04:18 pm
double not
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 04:28 pm
at least shes not working him over for child support AND still living with her man.

It just struck me i know almost 7 women who play men, get pregnant, then get them for child support. my aunt has 5 kids, no job. (5 different fathers)

i mean, is that really something i wanna worry about?(needled condoms seem alot more probablle when someone is going to end up living rent free...)

sometimes i lose faith in dating or ever having a child, i means theres so much risk, but lifes a risk carnal, better take it!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 05:23 pm
I don't know how old you or your friend are but I think that would be pretty hard information to sit on at any age.

I'd say it's highly likely that his dad already knows that he's not the biological father.

I think that if he needs answers he should start with by asking his mother.

He'll have to fess up to his snooping, of course.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 01:54 am
How old is your friend and how old is his father (the one that brought him up)?
Do his parents still live together?
Has he spoken to his mother about it?

Me, there was a time, when I would have thrown it into my dad's face as soon as I found out.
Now, I would keep quiet.
My dad is over 80, and I think he realized that he has made mistakes.
And I have made peace.
0 Replies

6Yuri9

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 06:21 am
THE INVASION.

What if your dad isn't really your dad ? that question came up in that movie once. Its a good movie .
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 04:11 pm
hes 16 and his real father is i dont know actually like 40 maybe a little younger
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 04:29 pm
Two thoughts..

1) How does your friend know if the letter-writer is *actually* his biodad? (Could be lying, could be misinformed.)

2) If it's obvious in some way (no chance of biodad lying or getting it wrong) why does he think that his dad doesn't know already?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:18 pm
OGIONIK wrote:

If he doesn't care, why do you think he'll have mental problems?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:31 pm
Onion, this is so a let it be, and wait and see kind of thing...

RH
0 Replies