Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 02:10 pm
FlipoutTT

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 03:35 pm
Grand Theft Auto san adreas
giving all cheat codes on grand theft Twisted Evil
0 Replies

psiwolf

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 10:29 pm
um.. well im an 18 year old goth/emo girl and ive been playing final fantasy RPG's and online games like counter strike, Legend of Mir and guild wars since i was 10.. and who say women cant be gamers Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 10:32 pm
I'm nearly 40 and I still play games. When I started hunting monsters in dungeons on the computer it was the early 80s. We come a long way, baby.
0 Replies

justcallmeblue

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 07:06 am
mebbe i'm just weird but im a woman and i prefer the so called "gory games"
Halo, Assassin's creed, Call of Duty, resident evil etc. as well as the mmorpg's everyone's insising that "girls don't play" I have 2 level 70's on world of warcraft and raid twice a week. What girls need to learn is that if your boyfriend or husband or whatever is playing video games, why not try them? you might find out that you like it. I think a major factor for why grown women don't play video games is because it is more accepted in society if a guy takes a break from the kids to play video games but if a woman does that, it is suggested that she is a bad or lazy parent (which is not neccesarily true) so just stick the hubby with the kids and pop in mass effect for a while. the kids will be fine while you relieve some stress by busting open some geth skulls.
0 Replies

Girl4videogames

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:07 pm
I am co president of the Video Game club at my high school. I am also a girl, who is very interested in video games and have gone to some igda meetings to further my knowledge in this wondrous industry. At our school we have to do a graduation project where we choose a topic which must be approved by a board. Then we have to get a mentor to help us with our product. My product is to get more girls interested in the video game industry at my school. I am in dire need for a mentor who has worked in the industry for a while. I would only need about 5 to 7 hours over the span of a year and a half. If you can help me, I can be reached at [email protected]
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:48 pm
@Girl4videogames,
Hi Victoria,

I sent your request to a bunch of women I know who are programmers, developers, and artists in the video game industry. Hopefully one of them will contact you.

In the meantime, feel free to post any of your project's outline here and we can all brainstorm some ideas with you.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 09:05 pm
@Butrflynet,
I love Myst - When I first started playing it, it was the most deliciously, eerie and suspenseful game. OH it was good. I like Battlefront (I play with my boys) and I like all of the Legos games - I know - childish - but I think they're fun! But I also like Scrabble and word base games too - puzzles as well.

I am a tom boy though...brought up in the midst of boys...not sure if that has any bearing on my love of video games or not.
0 Replies

Owlchick

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 11:40 pm
@Girl4videogames,
For information on contacting a game developer mentor, you may want to look at the IGDA's GameMentorOnline program, which is just getting underway. It's one of our Women in Games initiatives to help women (and men) who want to get into the games industry.

The website is: http://www.igda.org/women/mentor.html

If you want to connect with the group, you can also join the listserv, which is on this page: http://www.igda.org/women/community.html While most of the members are already working in the industry, we also have a fair number of students.

Good luck with your research!
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 01:03 am
@Owlchick,
Hooray! There's one of em! I knew they'd hook you up, Victoria.

Thanks T!
Girl4videogames

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 10:00 am
@Butrflynet,
Thanks so much.
0 Replies

carolina17

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 11:50 am
@Butrflynet,
Nintendo succeeded where others failed.
Take a look at the Nintendo DS or Wii. Games for those consoles reach a broader audience.
Even seniors play video games now. That is a wonderful thing.

-----------------------
Edit (Moderator): Links removed

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 01:24 pm
@carolina17,
Hi Carolina,

Seniors have been playing video games ever since they had access to the internet in the late 80's. They make up a large portion of the population on popular game sites such as Pogo, BigFish, PopCap, etc., because not all their games are time based.

0 Replies