Girls and Video Games

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:39 am
The new sims 2 has a way to "win".

I used to be awesome at Mario Bros. 1,2 and 3. Then they came out with the 360 degree rotating games and I had a hard time with those.
0 Replies

XBOX MAD

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:40 am
ha
0 Replies

Steelborn

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 02:13 pm
While its not difficult to believe that in this day and age more and more girls just seem to like video games like any other guy would do. I still find it odd that i sometimes see my mum playing games like Age of Mythology, or Age of Empires 2.. and Stronghold too.. evidently she seems to like those sort of old age setting strategy games!
I've never heard of a girl playing a shooting game... ever. Obviously guns aint the female thing.
0 Replies

BloodBattosai

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 12:10 pm
It is more common for girls to play video games that back when video games were relatively new. I will admit that it is still somewhat uncommon, but I predict girls will soon be playing video games as much as guys. I am afraid though that companies will start making games like "The Prom" where you have to get a guy to ask you, get a dress, etc. I don't think that's likely to happen, but if it does....
0 Replies

Thaiva

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 09:22 am
........... *snore*......... you'd think she'd stop talking by now....... Zzzzzz........
0 Replies

Thaiva

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 09:23 am
Steelborn wrote:
While its not difficult to believe that in this day and age more and more girls just seem to like video games like any other guy would do. I still find it odd that i sometimes see my mum playing games like Age of Mythology, or Age of Empires 2.. and Stronghold too.. evidently she seems to like those sort of old age setting strategy games!
I've never heard of a girl playing a shooting game... ever. Obviously guns aint the female thing.

Oh no, your mom has broken the barrier..... she plays video games.......... Now we kids have no scanturary of our own!!!! NOOO!!!!!!!!! * rune into wall*
0 Replies

hilanderkitty

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 07:30 pm
Loved those games
I am a 34 year old female who was very addicted to video games for a while. It started with Tomb Raider and went on from there. I also loved Silent Hill and Golden Eye. Though for me it seemed to be more of a phase i went through. I admit though when i got the Sims that was the worst of it. That game is a control freaks heaven. I made sure i had the cheat codes though because how am i to build the great house without all the money. I would be up till the wee hours of the morning destroying houses and relationships and building new ones. Thank god i got bored and i am resisting the Sims 2. Wish me luck.
0 Replies

BloodBattosai

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 04:15 pm
Steelborn wrote:

Well, I wouldn't say that. I happen to love shooting games. Time Splitters 2 is one of my favorites. Although I'll admit I'm not great at them, I still like to play them.

It is very rare to have a girl like shooter games though. Remember Columbine? And how Harris and Klebold played Doom, a shooter game? You'll notice there aren't many (if any) shootings where a girl has been the one to have a gun and shoot a classmate/teacher/person. I just thought I'd bring that up.

Also, millitary experts say shooter video games use a technique similar to the one the millitary uses in training for people to become used to the ideo of shooting a person. That was a bit off topic, but I found it interesting.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 01:12 pm
Steelborn wrote:

Well you have now. I was sort of raised on Doom/Duke Nukem. Now I play Unreal Tournament when I get the chance. Strangely, my mother forbid me to watch the Smurfs, because they weren't on PBS.

I honestly don't think that Columbine had anything to do with video games, and I can't think of any reason why girls would have any more reason to think so than guys. I don't know many other girls who like shooting games either, but I don't know a lot of people who like much of what I like in terms of games anyway.
0 Replies

SamSchnapp

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 01:10 pm
Girls playing videogames
In my nonprofessional opinion I think girls are capable of playing videogames just not as good as guys can. I like to play Halo 2 and xbox live alot. In my first 6 months of playing online I came across only two female videogame players. The only people in my friends list are guys. If women do like to play videogames I would sure like to meet them. My gamertag for Xbox live is: Cobra 115. Send me an invite if you want to prove me wrong and prove that women can play videogames as good as guys. Laughing
0 Replies

obhwfgirl

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 01:19 am
BloodBattosai wrote:
It is very rare to have a girl like shooter games though. Remember Columbine? And how Harris and Klebold played Doom, a shooter game? You'll notice there aren't many (if any) shootings where a girl has been the one to have a gun and shoot a classmate/teacher/person. I just thought I'd bring that up.

I don't mean to be rude here, but wtf was the point in mentioning Columbine? I mean, yes, the two practiced shooting a gun by playing video games, but how does that relate AT ALL to girls' like or dislike of shooting games or even girls playing video games at all?

I'm sorry if I piss anyone off but I'm from that community, I live in that neighborhood, two houses down is a friend who goes there, and six houses down is a family whose daughter was in the shooting.

Please, don't just toss Columbine around unless you have something important and relevant to say. We don't talk about it much because we were affected more than anyone else. It's just a subject I'm touchy about.

And if there's anything about it you want to ask, you can. I want people to understand what happened.

SO! Back OT!

Love Age of Mythology, love racing games, you get me warmed up on Cruisin' USA at arcades - well, I win lots of free games Smile I'm not too crazy about shooting games just because I don't like sneaking around then having some guy jump out of nowhere and kill me. Too creepy. I used to watch my dad play this PC game a few years ago, it was completely silent then out of nowhere this guy just appeared. I haven't liked them since. Though now, I hope, the programmers aren't so stupid as to not put music in a game.

As for the Sims? <3 the Sims. The first one, looking back on it, sucked. But I love the Sims 2 - all the new angles and better graphics? Now I get the hullabaloo over Halo 2. Though I think it's funny how all these guys were like "now you can hold 2 guns!"

Woah. . . .

I don't really like decorating houses and stuff for the Sims, and I like making them and all that, but that gets tiresome too. I just like playing them and controlling them. Yes, Sims is a control freak's heaven. Smile
0 Replies

Keos

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 06:47 am
I'm a 20 year old girl and I play games. I actually started when I was about 10 or something with the old NES games. However, the first time when I really thought I loved video games was when Final Fantasy VII came out on PS1. I just loved it - everything from the music, to the endearing characters, to the magnificent story and great gameplay (occasionally random battles were annoying, but overall, it was a magical experience). From there on till now and still going, I just loved playing games.

I started out from Final Fantasy VII, went on from VIII to X, X-2, tried Sims, Sims 2, different RPGs like Baldur's Gates 1 & 2, Icewind Dale, Starcraft, Warcraft III, Silent Hills 1 & 4 and so on.

With regards to what girls like... well, since I am a girl and I know that roughly 50% of the registered users on www.adventchildren.net are girls, girls probably are attracted to Jap RPGs like Final Fantasies with great stories, romance and characters. Also, they tend to like Sims (I love Sims and my girlfriends who actually play games all love Sims and its successor, Sims 2).
0 Replies

DevilsBabe

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 05:42 am
All I read here is really interesting and some things pissed me off really!!!!!

Okay, what do I have to say!?
I am a female and love shooting games. Especially Battlefield/Desert Combat and since BF2 is out I play even more. I am in my second clan now and don´t think I am the worse player there .. oh no!

Women can play as good as guys ..... there is no difference. The only thing is that there are not many girls out there who plays .. or often just the girlfriends of someone and that´s why they play but not really good cause they don´t play much.

So c ya on the Battlefield ...

DevilsBabe
0 Replies

Bodo

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 02:56 pm
My now exgirlfriend used to play World of Warcraft with me all the time. She wasn't much into video games prior to my introducing her to the game, but once I got her hooked she loved it.
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 03:10 am
I'm a girl, 22.

Used to play Neverwinter Nights, but that faded out as alot of my friends stopped playing it. Now I'm on World Of Warcraft and I love it! I also play The Sims 2, and NFS underground on the PC.

I've got Half-Life 2, but have never really played it, and I've got Counterstrike: Source, and it's a great shoot 'em up, which I love when I'm in the mood for it.

Girls are just as good at playing video games as mine - the only games I suck at are football games, and I'm not losing any sleep over it! Smile
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 12:58 am
Chicks play shootem up games? I never knew any chicks who like to shoot someones head off.
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 01:01 am
DOes any c hick out there play this game Playboy:The Mansion?

The animation is really really real.
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 04:55 am
Hey I have that game on the PC!!

I've not been able to get in to install properly yet though.....
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 08:36 pm
There have been many many Japanese Hentai games around these days.
0 Replies

xxfilialunae

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 07:42 pm
I play tetris, the urbz, blood rayne, halo 2, rumble roses. I love my xbox, I don't play a lot but i still love it.

oh, and i also love to play my soul calibur 2!
0 Replies